Good Places To Eat In Pattaya

Crow Boy

In Chiang Mai we have fixations about Food (don't even start discussing burgers up there). In Pattaya we seem to have different priorities :o but as a recent arrival here I am interested in where you like to eat and why. Where are the good pies to be found? Who does the best breakfast in town? Where can I get a good steak, cooked medium rare and not burned to a crisp? Great seafood buffet, top Indian, late night places for noodles. Anyone know where I can get Khao Soi Gai down here?

But first some basic rules:

1) the opinions expressed are personal - what is a great Indian for one may be so so for another. Make allowance for differences in taste and experience

2) I will not allow blatant advertising or spamming by or for business owners.

3) The rules of Thai Visa re acceptable behaviour apply as always. You all know them and if you are unsure they can be found here

bon appetite

CB

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neeroys does some lovely Pies, I have Meat & Potato pie almost every time I go there..

Also there is a good, cheap Indian on Soi Bua Khao in between Club Blue and Sawasdee Hotel but on the opposite side. Their Chicken Tikka Masala is delicious.. 120-130 baht per curry, 40 baht for yellow rice (approx). They also deliver.

Dao Cafe...............Blue Cheese Steaks, great pizza

I have had the pizza at Dao - agree it is good. Also for a weekend brunch the hotdog in a bun with grilled cheese is nice. Not tried the blue cheese steak but sounds interesting.

thanks

CB

Neeroys does some lovely Pies, I have Meat & Potato pie almost every time I go there..

where is Neeroy's?

Also there is a good, cheap Indian on Soi Bua Khao in between Club Blue and Sawasdee Hotel but on the opposite side. Their Chicken Tikka Masala is delicious.. 120-130 baht per curry, 40 baht for yellow rice (approx). They also deliver.

If they do a good beef vindaloo or roganjosh I will be there

thanks

CB

Its the most expensive fish and chips in jomtien/pattaya excluding the top hotels.Has anyone tried janes retaraunt on sukhumvit rd slighty south of soi chyapruk 1,140 baht for fish and chips and realy nice,with a huge fish.You cant missit,its on the right hand side so you have to do a u turn and the place has a union jack sign.

In Chiang Mai we have fixations about Food (don't even start discussing burgers up there). In Pattaya we seem to have different priorities :o but as a recent arrival here I am interested in where you like to eat and why. Where are the good pies to be found? Who does the best breakfast in town? Where can I get a good steak, cooked medium rare and not burned to a crisp? Great seafood buffet, top Indian, late night places for noodles. Anyone know where I can get Khao Soi Gai down here?

But first some basic rules:

1) the opinions expressed are personal - what is a great Indian for one may be so so for another. Make allowance for differences in taste and experience

2) I will not allow blatant advertising or spamming by or for business owners.

3) The rules of Thai Visa re acceptable behaviour apply as always. You all know them and if you are unsure they can be found here

bon appetite

CB

What no traditional pie and mash shops in Pattaya yet?

They are very rare in london these days , I am sorry to say.

roy gsd

Simon's Fish Bar, Jomtien. Best fish and chips I've tasted!

I'ts on the right hand side heading towards the beach, about 100 meters before the arch.

I also disagree. Soggy overpriced junk. Unfortunately it seems almost all the places on Jomtien

are simply there to exploit their location.

Its the most expensive fish and chips in jomtien/pattaya excluding the top hotels.Has anyone tried janes retaraunt on sukhumvit rd slighty south of soi chyapruk 1,140 baht for fish and chips and realy nice,with a huge fish.You cant missit,its on the right hand side so you have to do a u turn and the place has a union jack sign.

And you said Simon's is expensive :o

where is Neeroy's?

If they do a good beef vindaloo or roganjosh I will be there

thanks

CB

Neeroys is down Soi Chaiyapoon almost across the road from Crazy Daves.. Its more near Soi Bua Khao end of Chaiyapoon... Look for the big yellow signs..

I dont know about the currys, I don't even read the menu, just order my usual chicken tikka masala with Nan bread and Popadoms ... Yummy :o

As a gourmet, the standard of cuisine at Crazy Dave's continues to amaze and delight me.

:D ....Crazy daves :D :D

Maybe the traditional pie and mash would be done at crazy daves.He seems to make everything simple and cheap.Only had the 65baht breakfast and its good value for money,not the best but well good enough.

Where is Crazy Dave's? Apparently he does a pretty good Trad English Breakfast

CB

Simon's Fish Bar, Jomtien. Best fish and chips I've tasted!

I'ts on the right hand side heading towards the beach, about 100 meters before the arch.

Simon's is near where I work in Jomtien - I haven't tried the food there yet. Mixed reviews but I think I will pop in there this Friday for lunch if I get time

thanks

CB

Maybe the traditional pie and mash would be done at crazy daves.He seems to make everything simple and cheap.Only had the 65baht breakfast and its good value for money,not the best but well good enough.

CB

Crazy Dave's in on soi Chayapoom, opposite Neeroys, but I wouldn't eat there. For English breakfast go a couple of doors further down to Canterbury Tales, good food and great value.

CB

Crazy Dave's in on soi Chayapoom, opposite Neeroys, but I wouldn't eat there. For English breakfast go a couple of doors further down to Canterbury Tales, good food and great value.

Thanks for that.

Funny thing for me is I know soi by number which is the same as in other parts but then people say "soi Diana" or "soi whatever" and I have to think where the heck is that?

CB

You mean Jan's Plaice? I thought that shut down months ago. But it was good when it was open.

For Thai food, cooked while you wait: The corner convenience store on Soi Naklua 16/Soi Naklua 14

For a wide ranged of tasty but cheap food in Central Pattaya: Soi Yodsak/Beach Road: The Clay Oven.

In Jomtien, Yorkies is consistently good for sausage, mash and onions but avoid their sandwiches.

Crazy Daves would not be on my list. It is hit-or-miss and I have had one too many 'miss'.

The Indian on Soi Buakhaew mentioned above is good; more or less opposite Siam Sawasdee, however on the same side as the Indian is a Thai eating hole that is superb just down from Oasis Go-Go.

The Sportsman on Soi 13 is good for food at any time of day: Recommended!

In Jomtien, on Soi Welcome 'My Place' offers good food at peak meal times and at the weekend.

Simon's Fish & Chips? You are having a laugh. I ate there once and had heartburn, dyspepsia, water-brash and gastritis for 14 days. Avoid!

Edited by libya 115

I'd also pass on Crazy Daves! :o

I don't know where you are from, but Seasider (also on Soi Chaiyapoon) does some great english meals (Lamb and mint sauce, Roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding, ect)

In case you don't know soi Chaiyapoon, Driving from Pattaya Klang to Pattaya Tai, it is the soi just after Xzyte (NOT the soi directly down the side of Xzyte) . Not sure of the soi number.