Atm's In Pattaya: Which Ones Can Allow

libya 115

This is stating the obvious, but why no just do two transactions.

It also depends on the limit set on your card. Most Thai banks automatically set the limit at 20k. It's easy to raise it.

Thanks, but I have a 50K limit. I just would like to know the ATM's that are mechanically and electronically able to produce 30K upon request.

AFAIK none, the most I've seen is Bkk Bank ATM, which allows 25 banknotes is one time (25,000 Baht, or 12,500 Baht when only 500 Baht notes remain).

You do have to go withdraw, and type in the amount, quick cash only goes to 10,000 Baht.

I have noticed that suddenly, in most ATM's the most that they will allow withdrawn in one transaction is 20,000 Baht.

Does anyone know a Bank/ATM In Pattaya that allows 30,000 Baht withdrawal in 'One-Go'?

I wouldn't stake my life savings on this but I am sure there are 1 or 2 ATM in town that allow 30k withdrawal, I have used them then realised after I could have withdrawn more, cant remember which ones they were though, as over the years I have probably used every machine in Pattaya, remebering not that long ago there were only 2 in Pattaya.

Edited by CGW

I have noticed that suddenly, in most ATM's the most that they will allow withdrawn in one transaction is 20,000 Baht.

Does anyone know a Bank/ATM In Pattaya that allows 30,000 Baht withdrawal in 'One-Go'?

I wouldn't stake my life savings on this but I am sure there are 1 or 2 ATM in town that allow 30k withdrawal, I have used them then realised after I could have withdrawn more, cant remember which ones they were though, as over the years I have probably used every machine in Pattaya, remebering not that long ago there were only 2 in Pattaya.

Yes, I think maybe a foreign bank ATM; but I am certain that one of the ATM's in Carrefour on Pattaya Klang does.

I worked in the ATM service and manufacturing industry. I have serviced and supported ATMs in my working life for almost all the years since they became a viable product.

There is a mechanical and electronic threshold of 100 banknotes in a single dispense designed into these dispensers. We have tested this maximum during engineering phases and beta deployment testing. But this 100 note dispense is dependent on some factors and you can bet the banks are all made aware of these. Banknote quality is one of the main issues.

Now the bank can "adjust" their operating system to dispense notes however they choose and most will put a physical limit on a single dispense well below the max. They want to ensure a good dispense with no jams and most importantly keep the ATM up and no service calls. They also have to adjust their system to allow for the denomination of notes in that ATM. Depending on the location of the ATM they may have as many as 4 denominations in the ATM. So now they have to adjust the dispense for a reasonable number of notes using combination's of notes.

This being Thailand I would believe they keep the number of notes to a minimum and still keep the customer happy. Because remember that this is a business transaction and they make a fee on each transaction. So if you need more cash they are going to make you pay for the privilege of using their machine

I go into the bank and have them use their machine ? to withdraw large amounts (up to 100,000) only 1 transaction fee and I found the fee is less than when you use atm outside the same banks front door, for a single withdrawal. This is a withdraw from a bank outside Thailand.

I go into the bank and have them use their machine ? to withdraw large amounts (up to 100,000) only 1 transaction fee and I found the fee is less than when you use atm outside the same banks front door, for a single withdrawal. This is a withdraw from a bank outside Thailand.

Well if you are using non Thai banks in the ATMs here you will get stiffed with a huge transaction fee, and a crappy exchange rate.

Edit to add: for all you Nationwide lovers - Nationwide do it for free, but still shaft you on the xc rate.

Edited by sweetchariot

My advice is that if you need to withdraw a large sum (over your bank limit or over the local bank limit) go to the bank exchange booth and use your card there. It has to be a credit/debit card (i.e. a "Visa" card for example where if you use it as a credit card the cash comes straight out of your checking account). The limit on this kind of transaction is very high ($7,000 in my case whereas it is $500 at the ATM) and it is MUCH cheaper; they only charge $3 for the transaction and you get a very good rate. You'll need your passport, of course. I've pulled as much as 250k baht that way (when the rate was better than it is at present!).

Oh, by the way, it is not real "credit" since the money comes straight out of your checking account, so no credit charges. Just the $3.

Edited by richm7

richm7: thats what I was trying to say but you made it much more clear. My debit card transaction fee is 3.00 in bank and 5.00 at atm go figure.

Sorry slapout, didn't mean to step on your toes. You make a good point about the charges too, because as you say it is $5 at the ATM. Also, one response suggested multiple withdrawals, which you can't normally do in the same day (that day being your bank's day, not a local day). If you do use this method over multiple days you get dinged a $5 charge each time, so if you need say 50k baht and do it over 3 days (to keep within your daily limit) it will cost you $15 as opposed to $3 using the exchange booth/desk method. That a few beers difference in cost, or a weeks worth of lunches if you eat Thai!