Extreme Weather

Jonny

Anybody heard about a large storm predicted here over next few days, lots of the locals are taking it pretty seriously.

I'm not taking it seriously. Metrological forcasts for Pattaya area is just much of the same for the next ten days; ie hot & humid with some rain and light wind.

Have you posted on the wrong forum? Perhaps you need the Bangladesh forum?

Edited by libya 115

What Locals? Where they selling you umbrellas?

7-day Forecast Aug 25, 2008 - Aug 31, 2008

Scattered thundershowers mostly along the mountain and the coastal areas. During 26-28 August, scattered to fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy rains. Southwesterly winds 15-35 km/hr. Wave height 1-2 meters. :o ....zzzzzZZZZ

Storm tracking.

Dave at ThaiAnxiety (http://www.thai-anxiety.com/) has been going on about this for weeks. It was supposed to happen about a week ago according to his monk friends, but it's since been delayed until the 26th. That was yesterday - maybe the storm was metaphorical and the monks really meant the "political storm" that has blown up in Bangkok? :o

Here's what's currently on ThaiAnxiety, I hope he doesn't mind me copying it here as it will probably disappear from his board soon:

Another Disastrous Prophecy

22nd August

Well it seems that the predicted storm surge has been postponed until Tuesday 26th August.

It is very reassuring to know that the prayers of 499 holy men will combine to quell the storm.

However, it seems to me that the monks have set themselves up for a major loss of credibility. If the storm doesn't occur, then the prediction is <deleted>, but if the storm does occur then the prayers are <deleted>.

If it's any consolation to the weather addicts, it's now raining good and hard, hard and good here in Pattaya.

in my part of Pattaya there was some thunder and a drizzle for five minutes.

I was in the shower and I unscrewed the shower head so it felt like a lot of rain but maybe it was just a drizzle.