Wow, Drinking Water & Plexiglass? Anyone Interested In Whats Happaning!

highonthai

I Can't belive this forum, Water & plexiglass...

Nobody interested in what is going on here?

Crisis what Crisis?....

During the most recent coup my sister rang up from England because she was concerned about her daughter (my niece, coincidentally) who had recently arrived in Chiang Mai and was (and still is) teaching English here.

At that precise moment I was on my way from CEC to Lucky bar and that entailed getting past the ladyboys on Loi Kroh Rd. My sister was asking me whether it was safe in Thailand and my response was to say that as things were I wasn't too sure. However, fifty yards further down the road and my honour still intact , I was able to report that everything was fine and there was nothing to worry about. Panic over - business as usual. :o

Crisis what crisis? :D

Back to the important stuff - Where can you get a decent chip butty in Chiang Mai?

Edited by KevinHUNT

OK, Guess I am the only one interested in whats happening to the country that I live in and have invested in...

Where can I get a real hambuger or meat pie in Chiang mai?

We are all interested in this lovely country and want to enjoy the

the things that it offers us, especially Chiang Mai. Politics is the concern of the Thais. We Faranges have no say or impact on internal affairs.

The Thai folks I work with will not talk about what is going on in Bangers or the Gov with a Farange. It is not our country. I accept that

as we all should. I understand the interest of those that have a business or other investment concerns. I do not see demonstrations or troops and tanks at Thae Pae Gate. Until such time I feel there are other forums to follow on TV to express your views. Let's enjoy our CM forum for the what it is, a place for making CM a better place to live and enjoy. Sawadee Kup :o

OK, Guess I am the only one interested in whats happening to the country that I live in and have invested in...

Exactly! You are the only one who knows anything, cares about anything, and takes an interest in the world around you. Everyone else is just dull, inward-looking, self-absorbed. Please enter the Mr Chiang Mai Expat contest this year, you have a good chance of winning.

Exactly! You are the only one who knows anything, cares about anything, and takes an interest in the world around you. Everyone else is just dull, inward-looking, self-absorbed. Please enter the Mr Chiang Mai Expat contest this year, you have a good chance of winning.

Puwa, since you think he is a winner I will add my support by contributing 19 real meat pies to his winnings if he pulls it off. I will also check with my friend the travel agent to see if he might pop for a ticket.

Some awesome cynicism and anomie on this thread!

Q. Where were you during the last coup?

A. Well, let's see? Well, actually, I think that's the night I tripped over the step of a certain infamous gathering place in Chiang Mai when I was leaving the place to find a really great hamburger and a cheap hotel for the lovely of indeterminate gender on my arm. I woke up in the Suan Doc Hospital emergency room. I wanted to call my mother to tell her everything was okay, but it seems my mobile phone was missing. Strangely, my wallet was also missing, unfortunately, as well as any loose change, so I borrowed a few bhat from a nurse and called home requesting reverse charges. My mother answered the phone, asked who it was, and refused to accept charges. "Who," she asked? "Don't know him., never did, and don't want to!"

Okay! Okay! The road to democracy has had a few potholes in every country. Not every crisis in Bangkok reported internationally has effect on personal safety. The essential problem of discussing politics meaningfully on this forum is simply that you can't! Go elsewhere.

Edited by Mapguy

50 governments in the last 20 years here tend to make us a little complacent. Not a lot of effect on most folks. Also not much progress unfortunately.... but the women!!!!! Makes it all worthwhile

Golly 50 in 20 years. How many govt's has Italy had in the same time period? seems to me they be having or have a had alot over the years. Less dramatic than the Thais and less often but as someone from a country where the elections take place in set intervals, either place seems a bit shaky politically

Not 100% sure about my statistics reading "50 in twenty years" It seems some commodian other than myself used that line somewhere and I used it in doing my part to save the world.Again the humor is overshadowed by the irony; whatever that means...