Cheapest Way To Move Furniture?

steve60

Hi everyone, I have been been using this site for a long time now, but this is my first post! I am about to renovate my condo in Jomtien and rather than throw out the existing furniture, want to transport it to Nakhon Sawan to give to my gf's sister, any ideas on the cheapest way to do this (as its not worth much)? Hire a van? any help appreciated.

No, unfortunately not, they can pay someone to come and get it (read, I can pay) but I really want to do it cheaply, anyone have experience on hiring a truck, cost etc?

October 2006, from BKK to Sa Kaew it was 4000B for a small truck (pickup was not enough) and 2 men.

Back then petrol was 16 baht a liter. The furniture was worth probably 20K baht (including a large 4 years old fridge).

Just remembered, for comparation: a furniture shop charged 700B to ship a 18K baht sofa from BKK to Sa Kaew in 2004. But they do 2 drives a month to upcountry, accumulating all purchases and dispersing the cost.

Edited by think_too_mut

The Thai Post Office will move furniture / household of furniture.

A friend did this last year, full condo lot of furniture from condo in Pattaya to Chayaphum.

Post office staff came quickly to professionally 'meaure' the shipment and they did it well They gave a quotation on the spot, 2,100Baht. Quotation was accepted on the spot, PO staff disappaerd for one hour, came back and quickly professionally wrapped everything, and did it well.

Shipment was delived in Chayapum three days later, everything intact, wrapping still fully intact, handled carefully, unwrapped and place where requested. Gone within one hour.

Friend was highly impressed.

Also have friend who shipped a new fridge from Bkk to Roi Et by Post Office. Shipping was quite cheap, well wrapped, arrived quickly and undamaged. Saved a lot of money when compared to local price in Roi Et.