Our Cat Was Shot

raro

There is a commonly held opinion on this site that repeated house-breakers deserved to be shot and killed by the property owners....so I guess your pet was in truth a cat-burglar!......and got it's comeuppance

Who said the house breakers had to be "repeaters" to deserve being shot? :o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets all stop the name calling & insults now shall we.

Raro, I am happy your cat is ok & wasn't seriously injured, what an ass he was to admit to shooting a cat over somethign so small as plant pots getting knocked over. I hope something can be done.

Oh I already thought long time that Meg_2003 and pattaya girl were one and the same person.Now you betrayed yourself by replying to a post in which I replied to pattaya girl that she said it was ok.So it is clear that it is YOU who can't read.

Also will be interesting to the mods to know you have 2 usernames.Didn't know this was allowed on Thaivisa.

Knowing one of them personally and knowing another board member that knows both of them I can confirm you that there are not even twins... :o

Another rumour was that the culprit was a Thai....it was not, he's a farang. Just for the records.

/edit: forgot to thank Crow Boy and Boo for the obviously tough task to keep this thread flame free.

/edit again: one of our cat was also mauled by street dogs. Different story, that is in the nature of the average soi dog. If human beings choose to be at the same level, their choice.

Edited by raro

Argumentative and off topic posts deleted. Would recommend not continuing on that path. :o

Also glad to hear your cat is doing ok. Not sure what recourse there is after the fact. Police or poo yai bahn probably can do nothing except perhaps get compensation for medical care.

Oh I already thought long time that Meg_2003 and pattaya girl were one and the same person.Now you betrayed yourself by replying to a post in which I replied to pattaya girl that she said it was ok.So it is clear that it is YOU who can't read.

Also will be interesting to the mods to know you have 2 usernames.Didn't know this was allowed on Thaivisa.

Knowing one of them personally and knowing another board member that knows both of them I can confirm you that there are not even twins... :D

Another rumour was that the culprit was a Thai....it was not, he's a farang. Just for the records.

THANK YOU for clearing that up, Raro!

And I'll probably need to thank KDF? too, as he is the one has met both me and Pattaya_Girl before, whilst shopping in carrefour :D So I'm guessing he is the 'other board member'.. :D

Turns out someone is not Sherlock Holmes after all :o

And I'll probably need to thank KDF? too, as he is the one has met both me and Pattaya_Girl before, whilst shopping in carrefour :D So I'm guessing he is the 'other board member'.. :D

it was him indeed...hope I didn't say too much...... :D ...btw...what's a girl like you doing near the Jack Daniels shelf? Couldn't think of any other place where you could bump into KDF... :D

/edit: hope you'll join our Friday gatherings!

Edited by raro

I know this will be an unpopular post, but do you let your cats roam free? To $hit in the neighbors' garden? To attack the wild birds in your neighbors' trees? To catch and eat the fish out of their lotus basins?

My neighbor down the street has 20 cats, all completely unrestrained, taking over the entire soi, wreaking havoc at a number of neighbors' homes and gardens.

Cat safety is a two-way responsibility.

[While the above opinion is expressed, I agree that there are more humane ways to handle a cat-pest problem.]

Edited by toptuan

Wel, since most of the posters are real cat-lovers (more than people lovers, obviously): "Who can I phone to take care the 2 cats that are running around on my roof and mewing for hours and tease the dogs from neighbors causing a major maham in our Soi while I'm trying to sleep?

Won't comment on your suggestions what to do with the cats, but meowing (sp?) cats on the roof are usually tomcats. We have the same problem with cats from the neighbourhood - our cats don't get involved with that as they are all girls and fixed. Sterilizing the tomcats would solve the problem.

it was him indeed...hope I didn't say too much...... :D ...btw...what's a girl like you doing near the Jack Daniels shelf? Couldn't think of any other place where you could bump into KDF... :D

/edit: hope you'll join our Friday gatherings!

Thanks for that Raro, At the moment Pattaya Girl is back in the UK for a couple of weeks due to her father recently passing, But as soon as she gets back and starts feeling better we will look into the friday nights!!

See y'all soon!

I know this will be an unpopular post, but do you let your cats roam free? To $hit in the neighbors' garden? To attack the wild birds in your neighbors' trees? To catch and eat the fish out of their lotus basins?

My neighbor down the street has 20 cats, all completely unrestrained, taking over the entire soi, wreaking havoc at a number of neighbors' homes and gardens.

[While the above opinion is expressed, I agree that there are more humane ways to handle a cat-pest problem.]

In my opinion, roaming free is their nature and trying to make them stay inside just makes them miserable. We just tried to keep one cat inside or on a leash for about two months and all she did was cry and cry. We have finally given up, but don't think that she has much chance with her pea brain and traffic like it is in our soi.

In my opinion, roaming free is their nature and trying to make them stay inside just makes them miserable. We just tried to keep one cat inside or on a leash for about two months and all she did was cry and cry. We have finally given up, but don't think that she has much chance with her pea brain and traffic like it is in our soi.

Top, that was exactly my point from my post above, it the cat runs free rein then 'it's a free for all'.... Keep your pets in control if you want to keep your pets.

Ulysses, As I said I have had numerous cats in the past, all house cats. I find that it you keep them in the house from the time they are weaned then they have no problems. Let them out once and then the problems begin. Some cats will be reluctant to even want to go outside after being in the house for many years.

Well now, ever thought of the remote possibility that cats were meant to be <<baan-awk>> (country) pets, if you want them to enjoy their natural instincts? Choosing the right pet for the given environment might solve a lot of turf war problems.

Top, that was exactly my point from my post above, it the cat runs free rein then 'it's a free for all'.... Keep your pets in control if you want to keep your pets.

Ulysses, As I said I have had numerous cats in the past, all house cats. I find that it you keep them in the house from the time they are weaned then they have no problems. Let them out once and then the problems begin. Some cats will be reluctant to even want to go outside after being in the house for many years.

Put the cat in house arrest :D ..............Burmese is it? :o

Well, that is the problem. We are taking in hungry cats that have been abandoned by their owners and wander around until they starve to death, die of disease or get hit by a car. It is way too late to train them to stay inside. :o

The cat that I mentioned before is Siamese, I think.

Edited by Ulysses G.

We have three adopted kittens that have unfortunately become the local cat mafia, despite having then it'ed at the vets.

This has annoyed our neighbors a bit and rather than wait for something bad to happen; we have discussed the situation with them and given some water guns. Our cats really do not like getting wet and we found after being shot with water 10 times they decided scratching the car was bad.

the cats seem to be slowly learning, don't they always, working out what they can get away with and what they can not, our neighbors seem more content and we are not worrying.

During this process, I have got the impression that in thailand you are expected to tolerate whatever your neighbors do, however unreasonable, without complaint until it gets too much and then do something self destructive to them.

I really do not know what works in thailand, but would it worth approaching the lad and his parents to discuss what they think is a reasonable response to a flower pot being nocked over. What they think would be a reasonable response from you to having a family member killed? and look for a compromise before things get out of hand.

I know if one of my neighbors did this, I would go medieval on them

Edited by hazz

Hi,

coming home last night we found one of our cat has been shot with what I suspect is a crossbow arrow.

The cat was lucky, no serious injuries as the arrow did not go through the rib cage but the fact as such is quite shocking as it was possibly one of the neighbours.

Has anybody seen anything on the evening of August 28 in V&J Land and House? Does anybody know someone here with a crossbow?

The case has been reported to the police and we ARE serious about it.

raro

post-6036-1219979428_thumb.jpg post-6036-1219979406_thumb.jpg

absolutely disgusting. I would happliy take a crosbow to the assh#le who did that..

Well, that is the problem. We are taking in hungry cats that have been abandoned by their owners and wander around until they starve to death, die of disease or get hit by a car. It is way too late to train them to stay inside. :o

The cat that I mentioned before is Siamese, I think.

Ulysses, unfortunately Siamese cats are always notorious for crying regardless if they have been kept inside all their life. That is just the nature for most of this breed. The females are really bad when they are in heat. I have heard a Siamese before that sounded exactly like a baby crying, difficult to tell the difference.

This has annoyed our neighbors a bit and rather than wait for something bad to happen; we have discussed the situation with them and given some water guns. Our cats really do not like getting wet and we found after being shot with water 10 times they decided scratching the car was bad.

the cats seem to be slowly learning, don't they always, working out what they can get away with and what they can not, our neighbors seem more content and we are not worrying.

Water guns are a perfect cat deterrent! About the same challenge/fun as shooting a crossbow minus the serious damage it would cause if it hits. Cats HATE water and it doesn't take long for them linking getting wet with doing naughty things at neighbour's houses. I would have no problems either if a neigbour would pour water by the bucket over them, chances are the cat would never go back there.

Cats are quite quick learners and for sure not stupid. This does not mean that they do what they ought to. You can tell that by the way they look at you when you find them sleeping on the forbidden sofa.

Cats love to break rules and test boundaries. Cats are anarchists.

@ Meg: sorry to hear about pattayagirl's father passing away and yes, it is possible to join the Friday night-out crowd alone!

My friends dog, was blind in one eye, lovely little dog, very friendly, she came home one night and found the dog in a bad way, someone had tried to beat it to death. Fortunately it survived but it lost its good eye and is now completely blind. I will never understand how anyone would want to do that to an animal.

Hope you find the Bar Stewards that shot your cat, maybe you can return the favour and use the person as a dart board.

Water guns are a perfect cat deterrent! About the same challenge/fun as shooting a crossbow minus the serious damage it would cause if it hits. Cats HATE water and it doesn't take long for them linking getting wet with doing naughty things at neighbour's houses. I would have no problems either if a neigbour would pour water by the bucket over them, chances are the cat would never go back there.

Cats are quite quick learners and for sure not stupid. This does not mean that they do what they ought to. You can tell that by the way they look at you when you find them sleeping on the forbidden sofa.

Cats love to break rules and test boundaries. Cats are anarchists.

I agree with all of this and have found that water works pretty well on dogs that you don't want around also. :o

ok...they culprit admitted openly having shot the cat. He said this repeatedly in front of witnesses and the reason given was that the cat was on his compound and has knocked over flower pots in the past. I asked him whether he thinks that shooting the cat instead of informing the owner is the appropriate action and the answer was yes. Again, in front of witnesses.

More to come.

I know I won't make friends now. But what did YOUR cat do on HIS compound? Its YOUR animal and YOU should make sure YOUR cat does not bother other people. It was madness Raro that he shot your cat! But what are the actions you took now to prevent YOUR cat from bothering people that do not want YOUR cat at their property? I don't like cats at all, never can understand why cat owners let them roam free and bother people that don't like cats.

MBL