Spray Foam Insulation

jubby

Yea you can buy it in cans in some of those chinese type hard ware stores that seem to have any thing, funny thing is they call it 'fom thapay' After me doing allsorts of hand signals and drawing nunerous pictures they exclaimed with glee Fom Thapay......foam spray

It's a great technique and works well. Unfortunately it is VERY expensive. You may find that the spray insulation will cost more than the roofing material. I got a quote of 400 baht per square meter.

It's a great technique and works well. Unfortunately it is VERY expensive. You may find that the spray insulation will cost more than the roofing material. I got a quote of 400 baht per square meter.

I am near Pattaya and had it done by a well known company in Pattaya.They sprayed in the roof space ok and it did drop the internal temperature 3 degs .However,we have a small extension which does not have a roof space and this was sprayed on the outside(foam was coloured ,same as tiles),this has given no end of leak problems and after three attempts at fixing it(bodging more like)they said sorry ,we can do no more!!The extension roof was mated to the main roof and previously had not given any problems so now we are having the roof (extension)retiled!!So yes its good on ordinary loft spaces but not others!!Cannot remember the price.

I didn't expect it to be cheap. Unfortunately I couldn't get further from Pattaya if I tried.

Just putting a bathroom in an existing area which has a low roof & dodgy Tiles, thought it would be a neat solution. Anyway, keeps the grey matter working......

I am near Pattaya and had it done by a well known company in Pattaya.They sprayed in the roof space ok and it did drop the internal temperature 3 degs .However,we have a ..........

..........The extension roof was mated to the main roof and previously had not given any problems so now we are having the roof (extension)retiled!!So yes its good on ordinary loft spaces but not others!!Cannot remember the price.

BK, how long ago did you have it done?

Any evidence of 'wildlife' moving in and making a home in your foam?

I am near Pattaya and had it done by a well known company in Pattaya.They sprayed in the roof space ok and it did drop the internal temperature 3 degs .However,we have a small extension which does not have a roof space and this was sprayed on the outside(foam was coloured ,same as tiles),this has given no end of leak problems and after three attempts at fixing it(bodging more like)they said sorry ,we can do no more!!The extension roof was mated to the main roof and previously had not given any problems so now we are having the roof (extension)retiled!!So yes its good on ordinary loft spaces but not others!!Cannot remember the price.

Hello BrownKnees ,

does it keep the temperature down in the house, whether air-conditioned or not ?

My house isn't air-conditioned, and if the foam insulation would help keep the temperature down, it would certainly be for me.

Mike

There is another one in Pattaya, Lohr Industries
I didn't expect it to be cheap. Unfortunately I couldn't get further from Pattaya if I tried.

Lohr were the first people to do foam spraying in Pattaya and possibly Thailand.

They have a branch in Khon Kaen, so halfway to your house already :o

These are phone numbers for KK off their website.

Tel.: 086-2353663 ( German ), 089-5735250 ( English )

there is a company in bangkok in phutamonthon 5 - australian called Stephen Griffiths www.coolorcosythai.com 081-649-8268

at the beginning of the year they did a good job at my house - prices from 280-320baht/m2, depending how thick the insulation.

stephen is even a member of TV, you can search for the previous threads on the subject.

However, if you are from chang mai, the best is to find a local company - probably will be cheaper than bangkok prices and no need to pay for the transport.

<br />Just wondering if anyone had come across any 'Spray Foam Insulation' here in Thailand.<br /><br />I think it would be ideal for insulating and strengthening the commonly used, cheap sheet roofing tiles, not to mention helping with waterproofness.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

You can find it in any Home depot

how thick???

how thick???

Just one centimeter. The product was never intended to be applied and exposed to the sun.

• 4 months later...
Just wondering if anyone had come across any 'Spray Foam Insulation' here in Thailand.

I think it would be ideal for insulating and strengthening the commonly used, cheap sheet roofing tiles, not to mention helping with waterproofness.

Indeed it is not cheap, to have spray foam applied, my neighbour in Hua Hin had it done for 500,-baht/sqm but his house had major roof leaks and a new roof is not cheaper and also not shure wether it is not leaking again!!

He used a company called SprayMe, who give a 10 year guarantee against roof leaks. They must have a web site so google them and you can contact them easily, I guess. Pur foam makes houses cooler as they use it alot in Spain and Italy as well, but the cooling effect depends alot on your type of window and door-frames also, as well as the thickness of your walls of course.

Just wondering if anyone had come across any 'Spray Foam Insulation' here in Thailand.

I think it would be ideal for insulating and strengthening the commonly used, cheap sheet roofing tiles, not to mention helping with waterproofness.

Indeed it is not cheap, to have spray foam applied, my neighbour in Hua Hin had it done for 500,-baht/sqm but his house had major roof leaks and a new roof is not cheaper and also not shure wether it is not leaking again!!

He used a company called SprayMe, who give a 10 year guarantee against roof leaks. They must have a web site so google them and you can contact them easily, I guess. Pur foam makes houses cooler as they use it alot in Spain and Italy as well, but the cooling effect depends alot on your type of window and door-frames also, as well as the thickness of your walls of course.

My guess is that your friend will now have a lot more leaks than when he started where all the tiles have lifted up from the foam.

Must say though it works real well at keeping the heat IN your house after a hot day and the walls are leaching heat into the rooms.

Had it installed once, cost a lot! But it cost more to have air cons try to cool down the rooms at night and all the ceilings replaced from the leaking roof ..

• 3 years later...

I had it done a few years ago by a company now called Sprayfoam(Thailand) and never had any leaks since.

They sprayed 4.5 cm (1.5 inch) of foam and they guaranteed water proofness for ten years.

Since then I recommended it to some friends who all had it done recently as well.

One of them had a small leak again and he called them and they came to fix it within 3 days, now it's fine. It's not cheap but real good quality products seldom come cheap anyway...

My house is quite cooler too but wouldn't know if the electric bills year-on-year are lower as I'm not staying there the whole year. They have a good web site so check them out on the www

You can insulate before re-tiling your extension.

Vent through roof and rockwood/fibreglass insulation to ceiling areas same affect.

My guess is that your friend will now have a lot more leaks than when he started where all the tiles have lifted up from the foam.

Must say though it works real well at keeping the heat IN your house after a hot day and the walls are leaching heat into the rooms.

Had it installed once, cost a lot! But it cost more to have air cons try to cool down the rooms at night and all the ceilings replaced from the leaking roof ..

Ieaks will break down the foam it needs to be maintained.

It does work well and so does firbreglass rolled out on ceiling areas.

It's easy to fixed a leaking roof. jap.gif