Shipping Motorcycle From Pattaya To Phuket

hendrix

As title suggests. Thank you.

hi hendrix,

best option i think is ship it through the post office,costs about 2000 baht and you can collect it at post office in phuket.word of advice,leave as little gasoline as you can in tank

pablo

Yeah post office.. remove mirrors and wrap it.. That is if its a run of the mill bike and you wouldnt be heartbroken if the indicator gets broken.

There are other option.. The PO wont ship a bike that doesnt have a book, I had one sent from CM for 3500 approx.

Why not ride it down and make a holiday of it. A lot cheaper and you could do it in 2 - 3 days max with a couple of overnight stops say in Hua Hin or something. See the country. " Get your motor runnin......head out on the highway etc etc.

Why not ride it down and make a holiday of it. A lot cheaper and you could do it in 2 - 3 days max with a couple of overnight stops say in Hua Hin or something. See the country. " Get your motor runnin......head out on the highway etc etc.

Great idea but when it's a Honda "Wave".....

Gerd

Great idea but when it's a Honda "Wave".....

Gerd

So ? I once went from Bangkok to Nong Kai then onto Ubon on a Honda dream !! A friend road his honda dream to Phnom Penh.! Believe it or not....its possible if you have just a little luggage. A honda dream should be able to cruise at about 80 - 90 so it only takes a few hours longer. You can also change the final sprocket for one with a couple of less teeth to make it easier cruising at 90. Change it back to standard when you get there. Cost about 150 baht max. Should take about 6 - 8 hours to Hua Hin. Then leave early next day. Make a 10 minute stop every hour....easy peasy. Thais do it all the time. Mind you...if you are on the large side.......gonna be a bit slower.

Alternatively. Ride to Bangkok....take it on a train with you to Surat Thani then ride it

from there. I've taken bikes on trains with me before....no worries....just get a timetable for the south. Stay 1 night in Bangkok at the Chalerm Krung hotel in Bangkok then catch the early train to Surat from the station over the road.

Thank you for all the suggestions and this confirms that shipping is very inexpensive. I'm amazed.

I enjoy driving around my little area here in Pattaya but driving my Fino along the highways would kill my butt and is potentially very dangerous. I'm thinking of trying living in both Hua Hin and Phuket for awhile. Initially just a few days each for holiday/assessment with a bike rental and then I'll come back as a more permanent move once I decide which city suits me better.

So my question then is how do I approach the post office about mailing my bike? Is it wrapped or insured? How long does it take?

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...