Trading On Ebay From Thailand Help Please.

My friend is working as a diving instructer in Koh Samui and I have decided to go out and stay by him for a few months. I am intending to sell some thai products (thai silk handbags from the market for example) on ebay to the UK to keep a bit of an income whilst I am there, can anybody tell me how the law stands with this; visa's work permits etc. Cheers, Patch.

numerous earlier threads on this theme. have you tried scrolling back looking at topic headings and/or using relevant key words in the search engine (above and to right)

here is one recent thread i found using the term "telecomute"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Legal-Positi...ng-t199095.html

• 2 weeks later...
My friend is working as a diving instructer in Koh Samui and I have decided to go out and stay by him for a few months. I am intending to sell some thai products (thai silk handbags from the market for example) on ebay to the UK to keep a bit of an income whilst I am there, can anybody tell me how the law stands with this; visa's work permits etc. Cheers, Patch.

By law to partake in any kind of work (profit or non-profit) you require a work permit attaching to a non-immigrant visa. Also in the case of export a 7% export tax on every item sent out , plus many other restrictions including export license, e-comerce license, proper company structure, and payment of income tax.

If you are selling a small number of items low profile (no public computers) you may get away with it. But it is ilegal.