Marriage Visa Re-up

Does anyone know if I need to bring a new set of photos of the spousal unit and myself around the house to re-extend my marriage visa if I gave them photos last year at immigration? I don't want any surprises that will force me to go home and then back to Soi Suan Ploo to satisfy their annually changing requirements.

Thanks to anyone that answers.

Edited by skooldaze

Does anyone know if I need to bring a new set of photos of the spousal unit and myself around the house to re-extend my marriage visa if I gave them photos last year at immigration? I don't want any surprises that will force me to go home and then back to Soi Suan Ploo to satisfy their annually changing requirements.

Hi

I have never needed or been asked to provide any photos at Kap Cheung immigration, so I would think it safest to phone Soi Suan Ploo before you travel there?

Dave

It depends on the whim of the immigration officer or if he can't find the photos in your file, but mostly it has not been asked for repeat extensions.

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro. I'll bring copies just in case. You never know if they're still in my file there. They're filing system is not the most modern.

Take 'em! When in doubt, take 'em. What's cost if you have to print new ones at baht 4 each, 30 photos for baht 120?

Mac

Just an advice make new photo ... From my last year experience, it doesnt work if they find out it s the same. So I wouldnt risk it if i were you, just make photo with a digital camera and print them at there. Not very ecological to print stupid picture / xeros document every year :o

Also I went there on monday at 13h45-14h and couldnt access the room , the lady at the front desk handing ticket said it was full. It seems it s full everyday since noon, so try to be there early (I m talking about the bkk office.)

Good luck

Just an advice make new photo ... From my last year experience, it doesnt work if they find out it s the same. So I wouldnt risk it if i were you, just make photo with a digital camera and print them at there. Not very ecological to print stupid picture / xeros document every year :o

Also I went there on monday at 13h45-14h and couldnt access the room , the lady at the front desk handing ticket said it was full. It seems it s full everyday since noon, so try to be there early (I m talking about the bkk office.)

Good luck

Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond to this post. It helps a lot.

Hi

I have a retirement/ marriage VISA which is extended every year. I do not think that you will need the photos but why not be safe and take them. Do not forget to take a photo copy of your passport as well, as that will hold things up if you dont have that. If you need a statement o fincome take your Docs to the British Embassy and for a small charge they will confirm your income and (I hope)lack of criminal record. I stopped using outside people two years ago and do it all myself. I download the form off the net and note all the requirements and go wth some sandwiches and wait for my turn to come up in the queue which iof you do not get there early can take a few hours.

Yours

bryan

Hi

I have a retirement/ marriage VISA which is extended every year. I do not think that you will need the photos but why not be safe and take them. Do not forget to take a photo copy of your passport as well, as that will hold things up if you dont have that. If you need a statement o fincome take your Docs to the British Embassy and for a small charge they will confirm your income and (I hope)lack of criminal record. I stopped using outside people two years ago and do it all myself. I download the form off the net and note all the requirements and go wth some sandwiches and wait for my turn to come up in the queue which iof you do not get there early can take a few hours.

Yours

bryan

There is no such thing as a Retirement/Marriage Visa.

I think you mean that you have an Extension of Stay based on your Marriage OR Retirement.

Criminal record check is not needed.

Edited by Lite Beer