Arrival Without Visa Question

Hi,

I am planing on visiting Thailand in October. I want to stay a few days then go to Cambodia for 3 to 5 days. Then likely back to Thailand for a few more days. After that visit Myanmar 5 to 7 days. Then back to Thailand. Who knows, maybe even make it to Laos for a little bit. I was planning on getting the visa on arraval stamp each time I come back to Thailand. I think this would work ok, but I would like to ask to make sure. I would hate to end up not being allowed back in as my flight home will be from BKK. What do you guys think? Will I be ok?

Thanks a lot

Jay

Hi,

I am planing on visiting Thailand in October. I want to stay a few days then go to Cambodia for 3 to 5 days. Then likely back to Thailand for a few more days. After that visit Myanmar 5 to 7 days. Then back to Thailand. Who knows, maybe even make it to Laos for a little bit. I was planning on getting the visa on arraval stamp each time I come back to Thailand. I think this would work ok, but I would like to ask to make sure. I would hate to end up not being allowed back in as my flight home will be from BKK. What do you guys think? Will I be ok?

Thanks a lot

Jay

No Problem - providing you do not wish to stay in Thailand for longer than 15 days

each time - that is the maximum stay for a Visa on Arrival.

Are you sure you Qualify for Visa on Arrival?

Or do you really mean a 30 day Visa Exempt entry?

In which case you can enter as many times as you wish

- the limit being a total of 90 days stay within 6 months from your date of first arrival.

What passport do you hold?

Assuming that the OP is a USA passport-holder:

You do not come into Thailand on "visa on arrival", you enter with a visa-exempt stamp.

That stamp allows you to stay for up to a 30-day period, after which you must leave.

Using 30-day visa-exemp stamps, you can stay in the kingdom no more than 90 days in a 180-day period. The 180-day period starts with your first entry.

There is no limit on the number of entries using the visa-exempt stamp.

You plan will work fine.

You do not come into Thailand on "visa on arrival", you enter with a visa-exempt stamp.

That stamp allows you to stay for up to a 30-day period, after which you must leave.

Using 30-day visa-exemp stamps, you can stay in the kingdom no more than 90 days in a 180-day period. The 180-day period starts with your first entry.

You plan will work fine.

The Regulation is within 6 months - NOT 180 days.

Why do you assume the OP holds a USA passport?

Assuming that the OP is a USA passport-holder...
...Why do you assume the OP holds a USA passport?

In late August the OP wrote that he was thinking about 'initiating the K1 visa process (issued by the U.S Consulate to the fiancé of a United States citizen) for his Thai girl friend.'

So I guess that he must be a USA citizen.

You plan will work fine.

Well, in the OP's "sig", below the username, it says "From: USA"

I figured that was a fairly safe assumption, or the OP wants people to think he/she is from USA.

BTW...6 months...is that the exact months, 30-day months, what?

Assuming that the OP is a USA passport-holder...
...Why do you assume the OP holds a USA passport?

In late August the OP wrote that he was thinking about 'initiating the K1 visa process (issued by the U.S Consulate to the fiancé of a United States citizen) for his Thai girl friend.'

So I guess that he must be a USA citizen.

Well ... I wouldn't call that a Guess !!

What I would say is that I thought that I was spending toooo much time on Thai Visa

- but if you have that much time to research for the info that Posters are asked to give

- not knowing that you will even find it then ... ???***!!!

Haha

Edited by WilliamIV

You plan will work fine.

Well, in the OP's "sig", below the username, it says "From: USA"

I figured that was a fairly safe assumption, or the OP wants people to think he/she is from USA.

Well Mr Jackson ...

your original post added nothing to the info I had given already except that you seemed to be correcting my "6 Months" and I subsequently therefore pointed out that I was indeed Correct in that the Regulation is 6 months not 180 days - if YOU consider them to be the same - why did you make your original post?

Thanks guys,

Yes, I am in USA and I did  mean the 30 day stamp deal. I thought I would be ok with that but wanted to be sure I could do it a few times in about 20 days time. I will get my plane tickets Monday or Tuesday. Today I am trying to decide  how long to stay. I am off work 25 days. Mostly I need to worry about money. Hate to be hanging out in the Kingdom broke; hate to go home before I run out of money ;-)

Thanks

Jay

Thanks guys,

Yes, I am in USA and I did  mean the 30 day stamp deal. I thought I would be ok with that but wanted to be sure I could do it a few times in about 20 days time. I will get my plane tickets Monday or Tuesday. Today I am trying to decide  how long to stay. I am off work 25 days. Mostly I need to worry about money. Hate to be hanging out in the Kingdom broke; hate to go home before I run out of money ;-)

Thanks

Jay

You can ,theoretical, enter ,as a US Citizen,Thailand unlimited times, with a30day visaexempt stamp.

However you can not exceed 90days in a sixmonth period and each stay can not exceed 30days.

Meaning, you have no problem.

Have a nice trip

Correct as WilliamIV says - The regulations state that you can be in Thailand on Tourist Visa Exempt entries for 90 days in a six month period, from the first entry.

Small detail mgjackson69 - There are no 6 month combinations (Take any 6 months, starting Jan-Dec) that add up to 180 days; this includes leap years as well. :o

Correct as WilliamIV says - The regulations state that you can be in Thailand on Tourist Visa Exempt entries for 90 days in a six month period, from the first entry.

Small detail mgjackson69 - There are no 6 month combinations (Take any 6 months, starting Jan-Dec) that add up to 180 days; this includes leap years as well. :o

Fair enough, that...

But my question remains, what does "6 months" mean?

Is it, if my first visa-exempt entry is January 1, then I can stay no more than 90 days between January 1 and July 1?

For the sake of argument only...not saying you are wrong, because I do not know...

But, if "6 months" is the intent, why is a visa-exempt entry 30 days and not "one month"?

Why do those of us on extension of stay report every 90 days and not every "3 months"?

Why does a multi-entry Non-B give you a stay of 90 days, rather than "3 months"?

Just wondering about this one...

But my question remains, what does "6 months" mean?

Is it, if my first visa-exempt entry is January 1, then I can stay no more than 90 days between January 1 and July 1?

No. You can stay no more than 90 days without a visa from January 1 until June 30. The rest of the time you are free to be in Thailand with a visa.

But, if "6 months" is the intent, why is a visa-exempt entry 30 days and not "one month"?

Because that’s how it is. Incidentally, the 30-day visa-exempt entry for the nationals of some countries existed long before the Police Order with the limitation of 6 months came.

Why do those of us on extension of stay report every 90 days and not every "3 months"?

Because that’s how it is, written in the Immigration Act and Ministerial Regulations.

Why does a multi-entry Non-B give you a stay of 90 days, rather than "3 months"?

Because that’s how it is, written in the Immigration Act and Ministerial Regulations.

If you want to have fun, read the laws of your own country and I am sure you will find a lot more things to question.

--

Maestro