The Northern Soap Opera

Jockstar

I only saw the second half and it was another mistake taking Martins off instead of Owen, sooner little jockeyboy is on the way the better.

Also why put Bassong in Midfield in the second half for Taylor to fit in a CB, too much a coincidence we concede twice when hes back in the team.

We just cant seem to win a game draws arent much use in our position.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw the second half and it was another mistake taking Martins off instead of Owen, sooner little jockeyboy is on the way the better.

Also why put Bassong in Midfield in the second half for Taylor to fit in a CB, too much a coincidence we concede twice when hes back in the team.

We just cant seem to win a game draws arent much use in our position.

Two homes draws recently against weaker opposition doesn't bode well. Also to have conceded late goals in consecutive home games to former players just rubs salt into the wounds.

I'm also getting a bit bored of Kinnear throwing tantrums when things don't go his way. Just get on with it man!! :o

• 4 weeks later...

Just when you thought it was safe to stick your head up from behind the sofa and shout "mid-table safety", we witnessed one of the most one-sided Premiership games ever. The Liverpool performance was terrible and if it hadn't been for Super Shay it could have been double figures. All credit to Liverpool for a fantastic display but our defending and marking were shocking. Butt and Guthrie were totally overrun in the middle and as for Owen up front, let's take the 6 Million from Man City and be done with him. Without Martins we have nothing in attack.

Fortunately, the transfer window opens this week. Thanks to that thug, Lee Cattermole, we'll probably need a right back and a central midfielder to replace the injured players(Barton and Beye) that have been on the receiving end on one of his assaults. After yesterday, its clear that we need cover at centre half and left back. I would also go for another striker to partner Martins up front.

Let's hope Cacapa, Geremi, Smith, Ameobi and Owen can be offloaded.

Edited by Spit the Dog

Just when you thought it was safe to stick your head up from behind the sofa and shout "mid-table safety", we witnessed one of the most one-sided Premiership games ever. The Liverpool performance was terrible and if it hadn't been for Super Shay it could have been double figures. All credit to Liverpool for a fantastic display but our defending and marking were shocking. Butt and Guthrie were totally overrun in the middle and as for Owen up front, let's take the 6 Million from Man City and be done with him. Without Martins we have nothing in attack.

Fortunately, the transfer window opens this week. Thanks to that thug, Lee Cattermole, we'll probably need a right back and a central midfielder to replace the injured players(Barton and Beye) that have been on the receiving end on one of his assaults. After yesterday, its clear that we need cover at centre half and left back. I would also go for another striker to partner Martins up front.

thought kinnear was incredibly naive yesterday, or perhaps just stubborn. after 20 minutes of gerrard having about three acres to play in you'd think he'd have changed it and dropped a defensive midfielder in there in front of the defence. he didn't and gerrard could just run riot.

thought kinnear was incredibly naive yesterday, or perhaps just stubborn. after 20 minutes of gerrard having about three acres to play in you'd think he'd have changed it and dropped a defensive midfielder in there in front of the defence. he didn't and gerrard could just run riot.

He had Butt and Guthrie as defensive midfielders or dont they count? they played crap and Butt was taken off because of this he should also retire but will get a new contract, it isnt Kinnears fault he inherited a sh7te squad.

He had Butt and Guthrie as defensive midfielders or dont they count? they played crap and Butt was taken off because of this he should also retire but will get a new contract, it isnt Kinnears fault he inherited a sh7te squad.

he was playing a flat 4-4-2 against a 4-5-1 and watching it get ripped to shreds. he could and should've changed it.

I think the talentless Ameobi is going to get a new contract as Vidukas finished and Owens off, though i hope we get a new forward to partner Martins, someone who can hold the ball up, but that would be too much like thinking forward.

We need a hard tackling midfielder who can pass a ball and an experienced attacking central midfielder, a LB a right sided central defender who can cover at RB. but why the <deleted> would you give a temporary manager 10-20 million to get them in, surely now Ashley is staying he has a top quality long term manager lined up and that it wasnt just another quickfire decision to change his mind about keeping the club.

he was playing a flat 4-4-2 against a 4-5-1 and watching it get ripped to shreds. he could and should've changed it.

Duff was playing off Owen and infront of the midfield, if you want to be technical it was 4-4-1-1, Butts a defensive midfielder always has been always will be, he is sh7te thats why Gerrard could do as he wished, no tactics in the world can change this.

Duff was playing off Owen and infront of the midfield, if you want to be technical it was 4-4-1-1, Butts a defensive midfielder always has been always will be, he is sh7te thats why Gerrard could do as he wished, no tactics in the world can change this.

yeah they can. you can man-mark gerrard or you can detail a player to sit in the hole in front of the defence to stop gerrard enjoying so much space. west ham did it a treat against us at anfield. kinnear should've seen that.

I agree that tactically Liverpool were far superior. Rafa always likes to play Babel and Beayoun with two solid midfielder and with Gerrard playing off a frontman. He's done this on the last few ocaissions against Newcastle and it always works. It's up to Newcastle to change their tactics. In all fairness to Kinnear he didn't really have any options. Butt and Guthrie are fine when we are playing the lesser teams but against the top teams they just ain't good enough.

Kinnear and Ashley plot Newcastle future

December 29, 2008

Comment

Email

Print

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear will sit down with owner Mike Ashley to thrash out the way forward after seeing his side ripped apart by title-chasing Liverpool.

The deficiencies of Kinnear's squad, further depleted by suspension and injuries, were cruelly exposed by the rampant Reds as they increased their lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League table to three points.

That painful lesson came hours after Ashley announced his decision to take the club off the market, and the manager he appointed back in September will seek an early meeting as he attempts to recruit at least four new players during next month's transfer window to help pull away from the relegation scrap.

Kinnear said: ''It is a positive move. He wants to look forward and what we are going to do now is sit down and see where we can strengthen the side and see what sort of money is available.

''That hasn't been made quite clear yet, but there will be money available, for sure. We have suggested players to Mike that I would like and now it's really wait and see what price they are.

''(Executive director (football)) Dennis Wise and the rest of the people are finding out just what the prices are.''

Newcastle's problems were brought into sharper focus by the gulf in class between Kinnear's side and the one Shay Given almost single-handedly kept at bay for 31 minutes.

The Reds were simply irresistible and had it not been for the Irishman, who made seven fine saves, they would have won by a cricket score.

As it was, they claimed the three points at a canter, Steven Gerrard and Sami Hyypia easing them into a 2-0 lead before David Edgar reduced the deficit in first-half injury time.

Liverpool made sure in the second period through Gerrard's second and goals from Ryan Babel and substitute Xabi Alonso's 76th-minute penalty.

Gerrard was once again their heartbeat to the delight of a watching Rafael Benitez, who left Robbie Keane sitting on the bench despite the continued absence of Fernando Torres.

Kinnear said: ''I probably saw the best performance from a player I have seen in a long time from Gerrard. He was magnificent.''

Liverpool's superiority was such that, even had their hosts been able to field the suspended Sebastien Bassong or the injured Habib Beye, Joey Barton, Obafemi Martins or Mark Viduka, it probably would have made little difference.

However, Benitez's number two, Sammy Lee, was measured in his assessment.

He said: ''We are pleased, but we will analyse the performance and the nature of this football club is we will have a look at what we need to improve upon - and there are elements of the game that we need to improve upon.

''We have had our critics this season, but we know our job, we know what we have got to do, we know there is improvement to be had even on this performance, and we will be working very, very hard to make sure we do improve certain elements of our game.''

Is everyone still asleep? Where's all the sh*t flying about Given wanting to go? Come on now troops, even Blue Kipper is full of it.

Here it is ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/7805887.stm

Seems like the Club is in dissaray once again by the looking in from the outside..

The Happy Hammers will be looking for all 3 Points next weekend too up on a very cold Tyneside...:o

Is everyone still asleep? Where's all the sh*t flying about Given wanting to go? Come on now troops, even Blue Kipper is full of it.

Here it is ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/7805887.stm

Seems like the Club is in dissaray once again by the looking in from the outside..

The Happy Hammers will be looking for all 3 Points next weekend too up on a very cold Tyneside... :o

Who can blame him for wanting out, the performance against Liverpool was what he does every week for the last 10 yrs, if he goes for 15 million it would give Dennis the geezer Wise much needed funds to blow on some talentless cr4p , he wouldnt go to Spurs though theyre as sh7t as us and are badly run. Steve Harper the reserve keeper is almost as good as Given, and would be the England keeper if he had left a few years ago, so weve a replacement aswell as the Dutch U21 keeper.

It shows how bad we are when West Ham who are full of our rejects and are crap are optimistic about 3 points, might have to be a 6 a side game the rate our clubs are looking to off load their best players.

I would be disappointed if Shay went but I don't blame him for wanting to leave. He deserves be playing at the highest level and not fighting relegation with Newcastle season after season.

Steve Harper is an ideal replacement. He isn't as good as Given but he's always been a reliable deputy when called upon. Also the young lad Tim Krul must be coming of age and would make an ideal deputy for Harper. In saying all that, I've still got my fingers crossed that Given will stay.

It shows how bad we are when West Ham who are full of our rejects and are crap are optimistic about 3 points, might have to be a 6 a side game the rate our clubs are looking to off load their best players.

Well we're not actually that crap though, we've been above you for the last 18 months in the League, T*ttneham too except for 2 days a couple of weeks ago... :o

given's what, 32? still got a good five years left in him then so can't really blame him for wanting to spend them at a big club. he doesn't owe newcastle anything.

Well as Newcastle are a big club he might aswell stay put, he would more then likely go to Man City as Arsenal have said they arent interested ...... Man City are a rich club and in terms of supporters and history are IMO a similar sized club to Newcastle.

But as youre a glory hunting idiot who keeps on refering to Newcastle as a small club for the sake of a wind up, can you go to the Man U board to post ..... this is a really big club far superior to Liverpool one that even when they were doing far worse then Liverpool for many years got bigger crowds and their supporters didnt cry about sacking managers or demanding overseas investment just so they can compete.

Are you even a scouser? if so why dont you support Everton like all good scousers do.

Edited by spiderman2

Well we're not actually that crap though, we've been above you for the last 18 months in the League, T*ttneham too except for 2 days a couple of weeks ago... :o

I thought we werent that crap until 2 games ago, if Martins is out you stand a better chance if he's back i cant see us losing.

How is Parker doing as he's being linked with a 15 million quid move to Man City which if so means Givens worth even more, he must have learned to pass the ball forward since leaving us.

Edited by spiderman2

I thought we werent that crap until 2 games ago, if Martins is out you stand a better chance if he's back i cant see us losing.

How is Parker doing as he's being linked with a 15 million quid move to Man City which if so means Givens worth even more, he must have learned to pass the ball forward since leaving us.

Parker's a good Player, good Midfielder & i'd be sorry to see him go to be honest but for 15m ??

Bwahahahahaha

Same applies to Bellamy, both of them are due to be injured soon & everyone seems to forget that when they talk about these ridiculously inflated figures & say how much we'd miss them if we sold them... :D

Martins is the one that scares me, the only one probabaly..

Is Viduka out again long term, i could have swore i read something like that this week ??

Well as Newcastle are a big club he might aswell stay put, he would more then likely go to Man City as Arsenal have said they arent interested ...... Man City are a rich club and in terms of supporters and history are IMO a similar sized club to Newcastle.

But as youre a glory hunting idiot who keeps on refering to Newcastle as a small club for the sake of a wind up, can you go to the Man U board to post ..... this is a really big club far superior to Liverpool one that even when they were doing far worse then Liverpool for many years got bigger crowds and their supporters didnt cry about sacking managers or demanding overseas investment just so they can compete.

Are you even a scouser? if so why dont you support Everton like all good scousers do.

aww bless, you're one of those barcode fans still labouring under the disillusion that you're a big club. i probably should've worked it out from the insularity of your posts. i actually sympathise.

far from all scousers support the blues as it goes. everton's fans come from north wales, liverpool's from norway. didn't you know that?

now toddle off and follow your pretend club.

aww bless, you're one of those barcode fans still labouring under the disillusion that you're a big club. i probably should've worked it out from the insularity of your posts. i actually sympathise.

far from all scousers support the blues as it goes. everton's fans come from north wales, liverpool's from norway. didn't you know that?

now toddle off and follow your pretend club.

As you didnt answer a question that was clearly written i am taking it that youre not a scouser, and the Liverpool thing is a lifestyle choice, fortunately for me i was born in Newcastle so supporting a really big but sh7t club was a birth right.

As for insults read back you start them and you came on the Newcastle thread to throw them, im guessing youre a poverty ridden teacher so i shouldnt retaliate, i can send you some money if youre short to say sorry.

If Liverpool had gone 50 odd years without winning a domestic triophy they wouldnt have the fans they do, a few years ago Anfield wasnt even full every week, but you had gone a few years without a trophy then so the lifestyle stopped suiting those true Reds.

As for calling Newcastle the barcodes that shows youre a Skysports fan, now toddle off back to the Liverpool board.

And please stop responding to my posts, lifestyle boy.

Lads i have asked you before and i'm asking again. Please keep it civil.

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

If true, this shows why Dennis Wise should resign right away, relegation will be guaranteed for Newcastle in the next 2 seasons, if we sell the players listed in this article, to buy Diop and Ferguson who himself said he wasnt Premier League standard.

Keegan resigned for having Xisco bought against his will, now 4 months later theyre trying to sell him, you couldnt make this up. (Plus where is the 12 million for Milner?)

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-22600377/

NEWCASTLE boss Joe Kinnear has been told he must sell Spanish flop Xisco before he can buy in the January sales.

And Kinnear fears that failure to find a buyer for the striker and other unwanted fringe players will tempt United owner Mike Ashley to accept an imminent bid from Manchester City for Shay Given.

While being asked to finance his own spending this month, Kinnear — who is eyeing Portsmouth midfielder Papa Bouba Diop and Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson — last night reiterated that prize assets Michael Owen and the unsettled Given are “untouchables”.

And while he braces himself for City to test Ashley’s resolve over Given, Kinnear is urgently trying to sell Xisco to the highest bidder in Spain, amid fears failure to offload the striker see Newcastle miss out on their own top target this month.

Jose Enrique is also being touted around La Liga, while Alan Smith is being offered to English clubs and offers for Charles N’Zogbia, Geremi and even summer signings Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez will be considered as Kinnear attempts to raise an improbable £16 million from player sales.

But while Xisco, bought for £5.7m from Deportivo La Coruna against then manager Kevin Keegan’s wishes in September, is the sale that Kinnear hopes will bankroll his first signing as Newcastle boss — but difficulty in finding a buyer will only add to the pressure to sell Given.

“If we can get back somewhere near what we paid for the player we have in mind then I could go and get another player that I want for £5m,” said Kinnear. “One deal will automatically trigger the next one.

“So I’m banging on the door hoping that they (the buying club) will make a decision because the player that I want is wanted by other teams too.

“The last thing I want is to let someone else get in there before we do.”

If he can land a left-back, Kinnear is also eager to sell Enrique, who has struggled to impose himself in English football since arriving from Villarreal for £6.3m in the summer of 2007.

But while he is insistent that Given, like Michael Owen, must not be sold, Kinnear admitted he is prepared to have to persuade United owner Mike Ashley to rebuff any bids for the duo.

“I just hope it never comes down to Mike suggesting to me that I sell Shay Given in order to free up funds,” added Kinnear. “I’d tell Mike that Shay must stay.

“Shay is an untouchable as far as I’m concerned. Shay and Michael are untouchable in January and there’s no chance I’d sell.”

Kinnear’s bid to keep Given is only further complicated by the fact that City are willing to almost double the Irishman’s wages from his current £35,000-a-week.

Edited by spiderman2

Here we go again. Things were going reasonably well for a couple of months and within a few days of Ashley reappearing the club looks like it's going to self implode again. If any of Given, Martins or Gutierrez are sold, the fans will be up in arms. The soap opera look like it could start all over again.

Here we go again. Things were going reasonably well for a couple of months and within a few days of Ashley reappearing the club looks like it's going to self implode again. If any of Given, Martins or Gutierrez are sold, the fans will be up in arms. The soap opera look like it could start all over again.

Ashley must realise they arent far away from relegation certainties, and if they do go down his 200 million pound investment will be worth a lot lot less and be unsellable if he wants a decent return on investment, so from that point of view even he must realise he has to keep and buy quality players to keep them being a saleable asset.

Sooner Kinnear goes and a long term manager comes in the better, until then theyll never attract decent players.

I thought Shepherd and the Halls were bad pilfering 10s of million from the club for all them years, and appointing Roeder and Souness giving him 60 odd million, however Ashley makes them look like well polished, one step ahead of the game, elite businessmen.

Edited by spiderman2

Brains of Britain signs new contract, despite the club trying to offload him in the last 2 transfer windows as he's <deleted>.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4758862,00.html

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal at St James' Park.

Ameobi, whose existing contract was due to expire in the summer, has inked a three-year extension to keep him on Tyneside until 2012.

The 27-year-old looked to be on his way out of the club last season after spending a spell on loan at Stoke.

However, Ameobi has regained his place in the side under Joe Kinnear, scoring three goals in 14 appearances this term.

Ameobi, who has come through the ranks at Newcastle, was more than happy to pledge his long-term future to the club

"I'm delighted to sign a new deal and commit my future to Newcastle United," Ameobi told the club's official website.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/What-a-...-for.4848136.jp

TOON striker Shola Ameobi called police to say his house had been burgled, only to phone back and admit it was not raided – it was just untidy.

The 27-year-old star had reported the theft of personal belongings from his £500,000 home in Jesmond, Newcastle, on Boxing Day.

But just days later, Ameobi contacted detectives – who were set to launch an inquiry – to say his home wasn't the victim of burglars, it was just a mess.

A spokesman for North-umbria Police said: "It appears to have been a genuine misunderstanding."

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal at St James' Park.

Ameobi, whose existing contract was due to expire in the summer, has inked a three-year extension to keep him on Tyneside until 2012.

The 27-year-old looked to be on his way out of the club last season after spending a spell on loan at Stoke.

However, Ameobi has regained his place in the side under Joe Kinnear, scoring three goals in 14 appearances this term.

Ameobi, who has come through the ranks at Newcastle, was more than happy to pledge his long-term future to the club

"I'm delighted to sign a new deal and commit my future to Newcastle United," Ameobi told the club's official website.

Fantastic!!

It great to see that Newcastle are showing their true amitions. With quality like Ameobi I'm sure we'll have no difficulties finishing mid-table in the Championship next season. :o