The Northern Soap Opera

Jockstar

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal at St James' Park.

Ameobi, whose existing contract was due to expire in the summer, has inked a three-year extension to keep him on Tyneside until 2012.

The 27-year-old looked to be on his way out of the club last season after spending a spell on loan at Stoke.

However, Ameobi has regained his place in the side under Joe Kinnear, scoring three goals in 14 appearances this term.

Ameobi, who has come through the ranks at Newcastle, was more than happy to pledge his long-term future to the club

"I'm delighted to sign a new deal and commit my future to Newcastle United," Ameobi told the club's official website.

Fantastic!!

It great to see that Newcastle are showing their true amitions. With quality like Ameobi I'm sure we'll have no difficulties finishing mid-table in the Championship next season. :o

Great news, will Ameobi be playing tomorrow ?? :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't normally do that well up in Scotland since you Fire Bombed us back in the 80's ( That did help with the Frost Bite though & helped de thaw people so some told me who were there as it was <deleted> freezing :o ) but if ever there's a better chance of gettign a win at SJP for us, then this is surely it..

Think i'm gonna go for a score draw though, 1-1..

NUFC: to follow...Nicky Butt sits this one out, after receiving an automatic one-game ban following his fifth booking of the season, incurred at Hull. Jonas Gutierrez is one booking away from a one-game ban.

Charles N'Zogbia is expected to be OK after limping off at the KC Stadium with a dead leg, but there's an illness doubt over Danny Guthrie, with Cacapa on standby.

Barton, Beye, Gonzalez, Martins, Smith & Viduka remain sidelined, while Ameobi, Cacapa and Xisco aren't expected to feature - whether named on the bench or not....

JFK has given Andy Carroll a belated 20th birthday present by confirming that the striker will be in his starting XI - only his third ever competitive senior start for Newcastle and his first on home soil.

Great news, will Ameobi be playing tomorrow ?? :D

More than likely. Yes. :D

As for the game today, I always worry when a fully fit Bellamy comes up against Newcastle. He's always got a point to prove. The more the Newcastle fans boo him the better he seems to play. In my opinion I wish we could resign him again. I would have him any day before Owen.

My prediction is Newcastle to play shit but win 2-1. :o

Good Game that, entertaining too..

There was soooo much space for both Teams, could have been 6-6..

Happy with the point though overall even though we could have won it with a braver Ref ( Bellamy/Bassong Penalty ), that got cancelled out with the dissallowed Goal..

Spoke to one of my Pals at the Game at HT & he said he'd never been so cold at a Game in his life than he was yesterday.. :o

Good Game that, entertaining too..

There was soooo much space for both Teams, could have been 6-6..

Happy with the point though overall even though we could have won it with a braver Ref ( Bellamy/Bassong Penalty ), that got cancelled out with the dissallowed Goal..

Spoke to one of my Pals at the Game at HT & he said he'd never been so cold at a Game in his life than he was yesterday.. :o

2-2 was a fair result. I thought Jonas had scored in the last minute of injury time but there was a great block from Upson.

If West Ham play like that until the end of the season, they definitely won't be relegated. Newcastle still look like they need a couple of additions to the squad to ensure their top flight status.

Oh my goodness gracious, surely not ???

From The Mirror today...

Newcastle ready to snap up West Ham midfielder Nigel Quashie

Nigel Quashie is set to become the latest bargain buy at cash-strapped Newcastle.

Scottish international midfielder Quashie, 30, is approaching the end of a three-month loan from West Ham to Championship Birmingham.

Quashie’s loan expires after this weekend and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear wants the combative ace, who is available for around £500,000.

Oh my goodness gracious, surely not ???

From The Mirror today...

Newcastle ready to snap up West Ham midfielder Nigel Quashie

Nigel Quashie is set to become the latest bargain buy at cash-strapped Newcastle.

Scottish international midfielder Quashie, 30, is approaching the end of a three-month loan from West Ham to Championship Birmingham.

Quashie’s loan expires after this weekend and Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear wants the combative ace, who is available for around £500,000.

Doesn't Quahie hold the record for having the most relegations? :o

Hillarious, and adds more to the Newcircus saga.

This from the Wacky World of Football website. :o

Nigel Quashie had the unenviable reputation of being relegated with four teams in his first seasons with them -

Queens Park Rangers 1996-1996 - relegated from Premiership

Nottingham Forest 1998-1999 - relegated from Premiership

Southampton 2004-2005 - relegated from Premiership

West Bromwich Albion 2005-2006- relegated from Premiership

Nigel Quashie had the unenviable reputation of being relegated with four teams in his first seasons with them -

& how he didn't end up getting relegated that Season for us was only due to the fact that he broke his Foot in March, otherwise he would have kept playing & even our little Carlitos's magic wouldn't have been able to save us then... :D

& how he didn't end up getting relegated that Season for us was only due to the fact that he broke his Foot in March, otherwise he would have kept playing & even our little Carlitos's magic wouldn't have been able to save us then... :D

just checked some UK websites, the odds on Castle been relegated just dropped.

<deleted>!! Out of the Fa Cup losing to Hull's reseve team. Another meek surrender to inferior opposition. Even though Newcastle have an injury crisis, the starting 11 should still have been able to beat Hull's reserves!!

If Newcastle lose to Fat Sam's Blackburn on Saturday, I expect all the "Cokney Mafia Out" demonstartions to start all over again. Even if we do manage to stay up this season, it's still going to be the same old shit next season unless Ashley pumps some money into the club. It's all rather depressing. :o:D

<deleted>!! Out of the Fa Cup losing to Hull's reseve team. Another meek surrender to inferior opposition. Even though Newcastle have an injury crisis, the starting 11 should still have been able to beat Hull's reserves!!

If Newcastle lose to Fat Sam's Blackburn on Saturday, I expect all the "Cokney Mafia Out" demonstartions to start all over again. Even if we do manage to stay up this season, it's still going to be the same old shit next season unless Ashley pumps some money into the club. It's all rather depressing. :D:D

Oh well, look on the bright side, at least you won't have 2,500 Millwally's up for the weekend.. :o

Kinnear waits to hear on £8 million pair

By Soccernet staff

January 15, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Joe Kinnear hopes to hear good news on two transfer window targets after Newcastle launched a joint £8million swoop.

Kinnear was giving little away about the identities of the players he wants to bring to Tyneside, but it is understood they are Rennes' Cameroon international midfielder Stephane Mbia and Toulouse full-back Albin Ebondo.

Kinnear, who also hopes to tie up a short-term deal with Denmark international midfielder Peter Lovenkrands this week, made the breakthrough after talks with owner Mike Ashley on Monday evening.

He said: "What I said to Mike was, I had identified the two players we want, I told him the price of the two players and he agreed to get them - providing they [the clubs] accept the offers.

"I am very optimistic about it. I said one of them is very crucial to us at the moment.

"He plays for Cameroon, he is a decent player. He is 6ft 2in, he has pace, he is powerful. I just thought he would add something else to us."

Kinnear's coffers could yet be boosted further with midfielder Geremi in talks with Turkish club Besiktas over a move, although new arrivals cannot come quickly enough.

Wednesday saw Newcastle exit the FA Cup in a 3rd Round replay loss to Hull City in which Kinnear, along with opposite number Phil Brown, was sent to the stands after a touchline spat.

If you sign Quashie, you are doomed. :D

No thanks. Hopefully he signs for Sunderland.

:D BTW, Is Sunderland on another Thai Visa holiday? He's been pretty quiet of recent.

He's been playing a lot of football lately. Perhaps all that running and shouting has tired him out. I'm sure that he'll resurface on Thai Visa nearer the end of the month for the Tyne Wear derby. :o

I'd be very suprised if Lovendkrans doen the Biz in the Premiership..

Do you reckon he would Jockstar after watching him for a few Years at Ibrox ??

A few years ago he was a very good player. Not so sure now. Haven't seen him play for a while. Who knows?

If Newcastle lose to Fat Sam's Blackburn on Saturday, I expect all the "Cokney Mafia Out" demonstartions to start all over again. Even if we do manage to stay up this season, it's still going to be the same old shit next season unless Ashley pumps some money into the club. It's all rather depressing. :o:D

What is even more depressing is that in the financial statement released today the payment to Allardyce and his staff totalled 4.6 million quid.Is that money well spent when you finish up with Joe Kinnear ?

What is even more depressing is that in the financial statement released today the payment to Allardyce and his staff totalled 4.6 million quid.Is that money well spent when you finish up with Joe Kinnear ?

obviously not, but not like they can get it back.

obviously not, but not like they can get it back.

I'm sure the smug <deleted> will enjoy receiving the money. No offense to Blackburn supporters, but I really hope that Allardyce fails and gets them relegated.

[

I'm sure the smug <deleted> will enjoy receiving the money. No offense to Blackburn supporters, but I really hope that Allardyce fails and gets them relegated.

You can't blame Allardyce, it's the upper management of Newcircus which is the problem. I guess those Geordies are going to enjoy that long trip down to Plymouth next season. :o

Steve Harper for the rest of the Season Chaps ??? :o

From the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/7856463.stm

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has revealed that goalkeeper Shay Given wants "a new challenge" and wishes to talk to Manchester City over a possible move.

The Republic of Ireland keeper, 32, was said to be considering his future at the club following the Magpies' 5-1 defeat by Liverpool in December.

"I have bent over backwards to keep him - I've tried to make him stay," Kinnear told the Evening Chronicle.

"He wants a new challenge and he wants to speak to Manchester City." Newcastle are set to play City at Eastlands on Wednesday.

From the BBC...

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has revealed that goalkeeper Shay Given wants "a new challenge" and wishes to talk to Manchester City over a possible move.

The Republic of Ireland keeper, 32, was said to be considering his future at the club following the Magpies' 5-1 defeat by Liverpool in December.

"I have bent over backwards to keep him - I've tried to make him stay," Kinnear told the Evening Chronicle.

"He wants a new challenge and he wants to speak to Manchester City." Newcastle are set to play City at Eastlands on Wednesday.

Looks like Given is certain to leave. He's made his mind up that he no longer wants to play for NUFC. Can't blame him really. Harper has just signed a new contract so he will be the new number one. He's waited 13 years so he deserves his chance.

Only 4 days left until the transfer window closes. Only one signing made so far on a free(Lovenkrands). Now Owen and Barton will be out for some time after picking up injuries against City. Selling Given and possibly N'Zogbia should give us some cash. So C'mon Ashley and Wise get your fingers out and get some signings in before Sunday. Unless 3 or 4 signings are made, it looks like Championship football next season. :D

From the BBC...

Looks like Given is certain to leave. He's made his mind up that he no longer wants to play for NUFC. Can't blame him really. Harper has just signed a new contract so he will be the new number one. He's waited 13 years so he deserves his chance.

Only 4 days left until the transfer window closes. Only one signing made so far on a free(Lovenkrands). Now Owen and Barton will be out for some time after picking up injuries against City. Selling Given and possibly N'Zogbia should give us some cash. So C'mon Ashley and Wise get your fingers out and get some signings in before Sunday. Unless 3 or 4 signings are made, it looks like Championship football next season. :D

I think you'll be alright Spit, i think..

But it's been a terrible Season for Newcastle, from top to bottom & one that you just need to get over with still with your Premiership Status...

HUGE MASSIVE Game tonight Chaps but you on't need me to tell you that..

Given looks to be gione too..

From the BBC..

Given having medical at Man City

Newcastle keeper Shay Given is having a medical at Manchester City after the two clubs agreed a fee for the Republic of Ireland international.

The Magpies granted permission for 32-year-old Given to start talks with Mark Hughes' side earlier in the week.

It is thought Newcastle wanted a fee of about £8m for the keeper after boss Joe Kinnear dismissed City's £5m offer for him as "insulting".

Given was left out of Newcastle's squad for Sunday's match against Sunderland.

He has played 461 games for the Magpies since joining for £1.5m from Blackburn in 1997, but has made it clear he wants to leave the struggling Premier League team.

Given has been first-choice keeper at Newcastle during his time at the club and Kinnear is adamant the club will have to be properly compensated for selling a player he believes to be the best in his position in the country.

o.gif

On Tuesday, Newcastle keeper Steve Harper, who is a long-term second choice behind Given, signed a new three-year deal with the club.

Meanwhile, Kinnear says he is still hopeful of signing Toulouse right-back Albin Ebondo.

"We're still tied up in negotiations," said Kinnear. "The original price was £2.5m but [Toulouse] moved the goalposts and it's now £3m. We are still out in France negotiating. It's been two weeks now, so we have to wait and see."

Another transfer window has closed and yet again Newcastle fans have had to suffer more lies and broken promises. From my understanding, Kinnear had to raise funds before he could spend. From the sales of Given and Insomnia, Newcastle received somewhere between 12 - 16 Million. With Lovenkrands coming on a free and Ryan Taylor as part of the swap deal with Wigan, only 4 million was spent on Nolan. So what happened to the other 8 -12 that was promised for transfers? More than likely in Ashley's pocket. While on the subject of money, what the <deleted> is Wise supposed to be doing? As director of football he should have had 2 or 3 tranfers tied up for the first week of January. But nothing. If Ashley wants to cut costs, then surely getting rid of Wise would be a start. Unfortunately he's probably on a lucrative 3 year contract that would cost millions to pay him off. :o

It looks like Kinnear has been dealt a pretty shitty hand to keep Newcastle up. The best chance of survival is to get Martins and Viduka fit and hope that key players such as Harper and Bassong remain injury free. If Newcastle do go down, the blame will have to land firmly at Ashley's door.

Another transfer window has closed and yet again Newcastle fans have had to suffer more lies and broken promises. From my understanding, Kinnear had to raise funds before he could spend. From the sales of Given and Insomnia, Newcastle received somewhere between 12 - 16 Million. With Lovenkrands coming on a free and Ryan Taylor as part of the swap deal with Wigan, only 4 million was spent on Nolan. So what happened to the other 8 -12 that was promised for transfers? More than likely in Ashley's pocket. While on the subject of money, what the <deleted> is Wise supposed to be doing? As director of football he should have had 2 or 3 tranfers tied up for the first week of January. But nothing. If Ashley wants to cut costs, then surely getting rid of Wise would be a start. Unfortunately he's probably on a lucrative 3 year contract that would cost millions to pay him off. :o

It looks like Kinnear has been dealt a pretty shitty hand to keep Newcastle up. The best chance of survival is to get Martins and Viduka fit and hope that key players such as Harper and Bassong remain injury free. If Newcastle do go down, the blame will have to land firmly at Ashley's door.

No different to us Spit if you change Ashley to Gudmunnson or whatever his name is, & Newcastle to West Ham & Kinnear to Zola..

The difference is we have a better Team than you currently ( i don't know how with all the $$ you spend over the past 2 or 3 years ) & a much, much better Management Team...