The Northern Soap Opera

Jockstar

At this moment in time, I'd rather be in West Ham's position than Newcastle's. I thought the Hammers were going to struggle this season but they've done better than expected. Only 3 more wins needed and they'll be safe. Zola and Clarke have steadied the ship and produced a solid team. I think your real problems could come next season or the season after unless you get rid of your Icelandic owner.

Another transfer window has closed and yet again Newcastle fans have had to suffer more lies and broken promises. From my understanding, Kinnear had to raise funds before he could spend. From the sales of Given and Insomnia, Newcastle received somewhere between 12 - 16 Million. With Lovenkrands coming on a free and Ryan Taylor as part of the swap deal with Wigan, only 4 million was spent on Nolan. So what happened to the other 8 -12 that was promised for transfers? More than likely in Ashley's pocket. While on the subject of money, what the <deleted> is Wise supposed to be doing? As director of football he should have had 2 or 3 tranfers tied up for the first week of January. But nothing. If Ashley wants to cut costs, then surely getting rid of Wise would be a start. Unfortunately he's probably on a lucrative 3 year contract that would cost millions to pay him off. :o

It looks like Kinnear has been dealt a pretty shitty hand to keep Newcastle up. The best chance of survival is to get Martins and Viduka fit and hope that key players such as Harper and Bassong remain injury free. If Newcastle do go down, the blame will have to land firmly at Ashley's door.

No different to us Spit if you change Ashley to Gudmunnson or whatever his name is, & Newcastle to West Ham & Kinnear to Zola..

The difference is we have a better Team than you currently ( i don't know how with all the $$ you spend over the past 2 or 3 years ) & a much, much better Management Team...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment in time, I'd rather be in West Ham's position than Newcastle's. I thought the Hammers were going to struggle this season but they've done better than expected. Only 3 more wins needed and they'll be safe. Zola and Clarke have steadied the ship and produced a solid team. I think your real problems could come next season or the season after unless you get rid of your Icelandic owner.
Another transfer window has closed and yet again Newcastle fans have had to suffer more lies and broken promises. From my understanding, Kinnear had to raise funds before he could spend. From the sales of Given and Insomnia, Newcastle received somewhere between 12 - 16 Million. With Lovenkrands coming on a free and Ryan Taylor as part of the swap deal with Wigan, only 4 million was spent on Nolan. So what happened to the other 8 -12 that was promised for transfers? More than likely in Ashley's pocket. While on the subject of money, what the <deleted> is Wise supposed to be doing? As director of football he should have had 2 or 3 tranfers tied up for the first week of January. But nothing. If Ashley wants to cut costs, then surely getting rid of Wise would be a start. Unfortunately he's probably on a lucrative 3 year contract that would cost millions to pay him off. :o

It looks like Kinnear has been dealt a pretty shitty hand to keep Newcastle up. The best chance of survival is to get Martins and Viduka fit and hope that key players such as Harper and Bassong remain injury free. If Newcastle do go down, the blame will have to land firmly at Ashley's door.

No different to us Spit if you change Ashley to Gudmunnson or whatever his name is, & Newcastle to West Ham & Kinnear to Zola..

The difference is we have a better Team than you currently ( i don't know how with all the $$ you spend over the past 2 or 3 years ) & a much, much better Management Team...

I agree Mate but as you know, finding a Buyer for a Prem Club isn't easy..

We're alright though, not World Beaters but we never have been, but if we are to believe what teh tripe that the Papers write, by this time 2nd Feb, we should have been stripped of all our best Players by now & heading for the Champiobship, instead we mugged City for Bellamy, got in a couple of Players ( Czech International & a Kid German International ) & are above the likes of T*ttenham & City amongst others that are so called " Big Clubs "..

Just noticed your Mob are at the Hawthornes next week, that'll be one that won't be kind on the nails i would have thought.. :D

• 1 month later...

Hughton convinced spirit will save Newcastle

March 5, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Chris Hughton is bracing himself for a dramatic end to a traumatic Premier League season convinced Newcastle can escape the drop.

The caretaker boss saw his side turn in a spirited performance to take a shock lead against runaway leaders Manchester United before finally succumbing to goals from Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov.

However, Hughton took enough encouragement from the 90 minutes to believe they can avoid relegation after wins for Stoke, Tottenham and Hull left them just a point clear of the bottom three, with a crucial trip to the KC Stadium next up.

Hughton said: "It leaves us in a fight at the wrong end of the table, and it's going to be a fight that's going to take us right through to the last weeks of the season.

"But on the back of a very disappointing result last week [at Bolton], our main object was to be able to bounce back.

"We could have bounced back in two ways: one, by getting a result, which was always going to be very difficult against a Manchester United team in such good form and with such choices; but the one thing we wanted to do was put on a spirited enough performance.

"It was a very disappointed changing room. It was a changing room that put on a spirited enough performance to get something from the game, and everybody who saw the game would admit that.'

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look good at this moment in time. 8 games left and probably 4 wins required to stay up with games including Chelsea at home and trips to Spurs, Liverpool and Villa. Staying up looks even less likely if Chris Hughton is going to be standing on the touchline with his finger up his arse. In all fairness it isn't really his fault. We all know where the blame lies. It been a series of mistakes from the top that's led to the situation that Newcastle are now currently in. :o

• 7 months later...

NEWCASTLE NEWS

Newcastle not for sale, as Hughton gets top job

Newcastle United have named Chris Hughton as their permanent manager and have confirmed that the club have been withdrawn from sale and is no longer on the market.

Hughton has guided Newcastle to the summit

The club had been trying to broker a deal with a number of prospective buyers in recent months however none of those deals came to fruition and a statement on the Newcastle official website read:

''With regard to the possible sale of the Club to Barry Moat, that particular bid has now fallen through due to the cash price of £80 million not being met. In confirming the news, Mike Ashley stated that he is totally committed to the future success of Newcastle United and will be focussing on gaining promotion back to the Premier League. Mike will put a further £20 million into the Club this week.

''Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch. The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.''

Derek Llambias, Managing Director of Newcastle United, said: "We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

New manager Chris Hughton added: "It is a very proud day for me to be named as the manager of this magnificent football club. I thank Mike and Derek for their support and will be doing everything in my power to get the Club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"Having the unequivocal backing of the players has helped me enormously and I would also like to thank Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron and the rest of the backroom staff who have never been anything but tremendously supportive to me this season."

• 3 months later...

What??? Nothing much for such a brilliant club riding at the top of the Championship and soon to be promoted back to the EPL for next season??

They won 4-1 the other night against Coventry after being 1-0 down and are now 3 points clear of West Brom and looking extremely good for promotion back to the EPL at first shot!!

On their longest ever unbeaten home run too at fortress St. James (never mind what that t*sser Ashley wants to call it).

OK, they are in the Championship, but they are playing brilliant football this season considering what an xxxxxx Ashley is and with the manager they have who is doing a very creditable job.

We'll see some of you 'BIG ??' clubs next season !! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...