Where Can I Buy A Pool Cue In Pattaya

rmicheald

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a pool cue in Pattaya?

Thanks

Hi rmicheald...

Depends on what kind of cue you are after.

1) If you used to play snooker then you will be looking for a similar type of cue.

Mike Shopping Mall, 3rd floor towards the back has quite a few. Prices range from 300bt - 2000bt. Or...

Big C, North Pattaya, 2nd floor Sports shop in the corner have some reasonable sticks also. Or...

There is also a small shop in soi Bongkot that is also the HQ & main supplier/ installers of half size snooker tables to many bars here in Pattaya. IMHO their cues are far better. Similar prices but most have been hand crafted. Expect to pay anywhere from 1000 - 3000bt+ there. I have known their main craftsman for a few years and he really knows what he's doing and the company uses good quality woods in their manufacture.

2) If you are looking for an American style cue then I would highly recommend Megabreak Pool Lounge in soi Diana, opposite Mike Shopping Mall. They have an extensive range and prices range from 2000 - 16,000bt per stick. Most of these are made in Philippines. They also sell "jump cues" (for 9 ball) and other accessories.

All are good there and they look nice too!

All said and done... whatever cue you decide to buy and if you use it regularly, that will be your best cue. It doesn't have to be the most expensive one from the shelf.

Have fun finding the right one!

Me? I'm still having fun finding the right lady to polish my stick after a hard day's night hustling around town!

chrs

P

• Thanks 1

Mikes Shopping Mall was my first thought as well, the shop directly opposite the school and row of baht buses waiting to go to Jomtien on South Pattaya Road has small selection cues if I recall correctly. I think I have seen them in other shops that sell fishing gear in the area, side sois.

HTH - "180 ! - oh no that's golf isn't it ?"

• 10 years later...
On 9/19/2008 at 1:44 PM, Panyaa said:

Hi rmicheald...

Depends on what kind of cue you are after.

1) If you used to play snooker then you will be looking for a similar type of cue.

Mike Shopping Mall, 3rd floor towards the back has quite a few. Prices range from 300bt - 2000bt. Or...

Big C, North Pattaya, 2nd floor Sports shop in the corner have some reasonable sticks also. Or...

There is also a small shop in soi Bongkot that is also the HQ & main supplier/ installers of half size snooker tables to many bars here in Pattaya. IMHO their cues are far better. Similar prices but most have been hand crafted. Expect to pay anywhere from 1000 - 3000bt+ there. I have known their main craftsman for a few years and he really knows what he's doing and the company uses good quality woods in their manufacture.

2) If you are looking for an American style cue then I would highly recommend Megabreak Pool Lounge in soi Diana, opposite Mike Shopping Mall. They have an extensive range and prices range from 2000 - 16,000bt per stick. Most of these are made in Philippines. They also sell "jump cues" (for 9 ball) and other accessories.

All are good there and they look nice too!

All said and done... whatever cue you decide to buy and if you use it regularly, that will be your best cue. It doesn't have to be the most expensive one from the shelf.

Have fun finding the right one!

Me? I'm still having fun finding the right lady to polish my stick after a hard day's night hustling around town!

chrs

P

this post pretty much covers everything :thumbsup:

I bought a Lukasi (sp) from Trendy building pool shop, they have a great selection, can get expensive though and more for pool as opposed to snooker, i'm sure they have snooker ques there too.

I know it's in BKK but it's better than anything i've seen in Pattaya.