Reliable Travel Agent Pattaya To Book Airtravel ?

Kees5

>Amadeus.net ? Why bother with an agent?<

Are they eliable, and trustworthy? Never dealt with them before.....

I have to travel a lot, I book all my tickets online and have done for a few years, a lot easier than going thru an agent, Amadeus is huge, find flights then either go to the airlines "site' or book through Amadeus, with e tickets there is no reason to use agent.

good luck

I've used Massic on 2nd Rd (near the Bangkok Bank) a few times and never had a problem. Don't know if they're the cheapest in town but they've never ripped me off and have always been quite helpful. Having said that, I'd also suggest checking the airline's online fares. I flew from London with Etihad recently and the fare I got directly from their website was better than any of the travel agents I tried.

^ You must be! I just tried, works ok, there are 2 ways to search, "availability", this is the one I like, and "best price", click on what is most important to you. When you have found about what you like try another site, ie the airline to compare, takes a lot less time than messing with travel agents.

Any recommendations?

ALL SEASONS TRAVEL, South Pattaya Road, Pattaya.

Dead opposite the Friendship Supermarket. Have used it for years and they have done me proud.

Run by two Thai/Chinese sisters Amy and ? and they speak superb English. Very in the know about latest deals.

They are very efficient and fast. Long established and used by many regular/long term Mongers in Patts.

I too use the Internet and find that sometimes this Agent can beat the quote.

And NO I don't have any affinity to the owners - though I'd love to "know" Amy better!!!!!!!!

Good Luck whatever.

Two recommendations:

Lucky on soi Buakhao and Narin's on 2nd Road, opposite Thai Military Bank (TMB).

Narin advertises that he is cheapest in toen, bur I have always found cheaper places.

I usually use Bri'n'joy - lately for convenience I have been using the travel agent near my home (east end of Soi 17) and they are now a branch of Bri'n'joy. I don't use on-line agencies because I don't have credit cards. Also when I have checked prices against some local agents, I find the agents cheaper.

Any recommendations?

ALL SEASONS TRAVEL, South Pattaya Road, Pattaya.

Dead opposite the Friendship Supermarket. Have used it for years and they have done me proud.

Run by two Thai/Chinese sisters Amy and ? and they speak superb English. Very in the know about latest deals.

They are very efficient and fast. Long established and used by many regular/long term Mongers in Patts.

I too use the Internet and find that sometimes this Agent can beat the quote.

And NO I don't have any affinity to the owners - though I'd love to "know" Amy better!!!!!!!!

Good Luck whatever.

Agreed in every respect, although there is an agent in Bangkok who can even beat their prices. But there again, you have to go there, so for convenience you'll be lucky to find better than All Seasons in Pattaya.

Amadeus sounds interesting.

Any recommendations?

I would recommend " Nok Visa & Travel. " Myself and friends have used

them for the last 3 years now. Passport renewals, visa's, travel arrangements

to Phuket, Koh Chang, Vietnam, Cambodia etc have all been arranged with a

minimum of fuss. I have always found them fast friendly and efficient and

reasonably priced. You can contact Nok on 08 9252 5003. Central Pattaya

in Soi Arunotai near Carrefour.

post-17620-1222096934_thumb.jpg

I've used Massic on 2nd Rd (near the Bangkok Bank) a few times and never had a problem. Don't know if they're the cheapest in town but they've never ripped me off and have always been quite helpful. Having said that, I'd also suggest checking the airline's online fares. I flew from London with Etihad recently and the fare I got directly from their website was better than any of the travel agents I tried.

Last month someone I know needed an URGENT flight to the UK (meaning within the next 2-3 days) We called around a few shops to get a quote. She ended up paying 62,500 baht for a flight to Manchester with Cambodia Inter. Massic Travel quoted us 70,000 baht for the exact same flight (Checked the date and times and it was exactly the same at the 62,500 she ended up purchasing from Cambodia inter) So, Massic Travel is definitely not the cheapest in town! Large price difference of 7,500 baht between the two shops :o

Last month someone I know needed an URGENT flight to the UK (meaning within the next 2-3 days) We called around a few shops to get a quote. She ended up paying 62,500 baht for a flight to Manchester with Cambodia Inter. Massic Travel quoted us 70,000 baht for the exact same flight (Checked the date and times and it was exactly the same at the 62,500 she ended up purchasing from Cambodia inter) So, Massic Travel is definitely not the cheapest in town! Large price difference of 7,500 baht between the two shops :o

Yes Cambodia Inter did get me my urgent flight I needed for the UK, unfortunately i was going for my Fathers Funeral Who had died suddenly, if I would have had longer time to shop around, i maybe would have got it cheaper somewhere else - Cambodia Inter's customer service was not really up to scratch so I dont intend to shop there again unless i really have to.

I called into Cambodia Inter for a price, then went home and called another travel shop for a quote. Cambodia Inter was the cheapest so i called the guy and he told me he would book it for me immediately and to call into the shop ANYTIME the next day with the payment. The next morning, the shop called me and said "please come immediately with the money or else I am not going to book it" He knew it was urgent, and he knew it was for a funeral, he told me he had booked it, but he had not, he was waiting for his money first. He was very sympathetic the day i went for the quote, but was not very sypathetic the morning after when he wanted the payment immediately.

As you can see I seldom post on this forum, but often told myself that if I saw a travel agent post I would share my story about a local agency in Pattaya that I used about a year ago.

Normally when flying domestic flights I just buy the ticket at the airport counter using Thai Air, Air Asia or Nok Air. I have never had a problem doing it this way for over seven years (except for Thai holiday periods)

I do not remember why I decided to buy from an agent here in Pattaya for a flight to Hat Yai, but I did. Paid cash and got the normal folder with the confirmation ticket stuff inside.

I arrived at the airport and presented the folder and confirmation papers to the counter lady who checked her computer and to my surprise said "we have not received the money transfer from this agency". I suggested that there must be a mistake and asked her to call the number on the confirmation "ticket" and she did.

After a few minutes the counter girl says she is sorry but the confirmation "ticket" is not valid because the agency has not deposited the funds into their account even though I purchased the ticket 3 days in advance.

The helpful counter girl suggested I go to the airline ticket counter and purchase the ticket directly, which I did and saved 500 baht. :o

After check-in I call the agency to figure out how to get my money back. Of course when the lady answered and I identified myself and asked what the hel_l are they doing taking my money and not depositing it properly to the airlines they answered in the typical losing face situation...oh never mind, you can get your money back when you come to our office.

I explained that I wasn't due back in Pattaya for about 4 months and that I want my money deposited into my bank account. She replies "oh you are farang, you have big money you can just come to our office when you come to Pattaya".

Three weeks later after calling them nearly everyday,talking to one of the two owners of this agency, the money was finally deposited into my bank.

Never a sorry sir. Never a kind word for my trouble. Only lie after lie after lie until I guess she got tired of me calling. I am not sure.

At least two things annoyed me.

1. She pulls the old FARANG HAVE BIG MONEY ROUTINE

2. What if I didn't have enough extra money with me at the airport to buy the ticket directly? Yeah I know what your thinking....just use my ATM card and don't sweat it. Well the fact of the matter is I purchased a ticket (confirmation) so that I won't have to bother with cash and waiting in lines. What if the confirmation ticket was for an international flight? Most of us don't carry $1,500 dollars cash to the airport once we have purchased our tickets at an agency. That is why I use a travel agent. What if the flight was sold out and i had a connecting flight? What if....What if.....What if.

The reason I will NEVER EVER use this travel agent again is because of her attitude toward farangs and the fact that they couldn't process the confirmation ticket after I in fact had paid.

In my opinion here is what happened. The travel agent employee stole the money and just gave me the confirmation ticket. I would have thought there would be some type of security system in place where a confirmation ticket cannot be issued until confirmed by the airline. NOT SO HERE IN THAILAND.

As usual........BUYER BE AWARE

To keep things legal I will not name the company, but I think it is safe to say that printed on the folder where they put your confirmation ticket they boast of 21 offices in Pattaya.

So what have we learnt here???

First I must have way way way to much time on my hands....no doubt I do. :D

Secondly, after my experience and learning that confirmation does not actually mean confirmation, if you use a travel agent in Thailand and after you get the so-called confirmation ticket, I would make a call to the airline to make sure your ticket has been paid for by the travel agency, especially if you are purchasing an international flight.