One-two-go To Resume Operations In October

george

One-Two-Go to resume operations in October

BANGKOK: -- Embattled One-Two-Go Airlines plans to resume its domestic flight operations with a full-fledge inflight service in October, later than its original planned date on September 15.

The airline has been grounded by Thailand Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) since July 22 in violation of safety regulations and substandard operations, until all safety measures, operations and human resources are found to be up to standards.

The airline's founder and CEO, Mr Udom Tantiprasongchai, said the airline was working to meet all standards required by DCA in order to resume domestic flights in October as a "full service" carrier.

Initial routes will be from Bangkok to key regional cities - Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket and Krabi. The airline is set to operate using an upgraded fleet of six Boeing 747s, which are wet leased to be delivered between early next year to 2013 to replace the MD80 aircraft.

-- TTG Asia 2008-09-23

Initial routes will be from Bangkok to key regional cities - Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket and Krabi. The airline is set to operate using an upgraded fleet of six Boeing 747s, which are wet leased to be delivered between early next year to 2013 to replace the MD80 aircraft.

-- TTG Asia 2008-09-23

So they're not going to use those clapped-out 747s currently operated by Orient-Thai then ?

How can they hope to profitably fill Jumbos, on these routes, even Thai with all their internationally-fed customers only use their 744s occasionally or at peak public-holidays, on domestic routes ? Can the runways & handling-facilities at Chiang Rai or Krabi even handle a 747 ?

Somehow I suspect a certain amount of pipe-dreaming is being indulged-in here. :o

BANGKOK: -- Embattled One-Two-Go Airlines plans to resume its domestic flight operations with a full-fledge inflight service in October, later than its original planned date on September 15.

The airline has been grounded by Thailand Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) since July 22 in violation of safety regulations and substandard operations, until all safety measures, operations and human resources are found to be up to standards.

-- TTG Asia 2008-09-23

Any idea is the airlines employing Indonesian pilots....need to be on the safe side.. :o

-- TTG Asia 2008-09-23

So they're not going to use those clapped-out 747s currently operated by Orient-Thai then ?

How can they hope to profitably fill Jumbos, on these routes, even Thai with all their internationally-fed customers only use their 744s occasionally or at peak public-holidays, on domestic routes ? Can the runways & handling-facilities at Chiang Rai or Krabi even handle a 747 ?

Somehow I suspect a certain amount of pipe-dreaming is being indulged-in here. :o

No, the Orient Thai planes have been grounded (for the 3rd time in a row) by flight authorities; see the recent posting in the Phuket forum. This is why the comptetent Mr Udom could not restart his fleet on Sep 15, as serious maintenance issues were still found.

Any idea is the airlines employing Indonesian pilots....need to be on the safe side.. :o

Yes, all their farang pilots left, over a couple of years.

No, the Orient Thai planes have been grounded (for the 3rd time in a row) by flight authorities; see the recent posting in the Phuket forum. This is why the comptetent Mr Udom could not restart his fleet on Sep 15, as serious maintenance issues were still found.

Thanks, I'd only seen the TNNB press-releases, which only spoke about One-Two-Go, not Orient-Thai.

I would hope that Orient-Thai would be back operating soon. While the operations side was a bit messed up (flight) the maintenance side was pretty well organized.

I was there 2 years in a row doing some troubleshooting training and Aircraft Inspection Training. Some pretty nice people I met.

As far as the 747 go I think it is a mis print and should have been 737.