Chalong Lights: Another Terrible Decision.

flamingtodd

I've been through several times today already--mid-morning, lunchtime, mid-afternoon. Tailbacks each time. Lights are working, and they've taken the cones out of the central portion, but there are no lane markings, so some people are still driving around as if it were a circle, others are going straight through... The situation is much worse than I've ever seen it on an ordinary day. It's to be hoped that this is just an adjustment phase (sigh).

Hey guys and gals.

Post in the other, older Chalong Circle thread.

1 fred enuff.

LOL, Zpete, you the forum traffic cop now? :D

Since the intersection-formerly-known-as-Chalong-Circle is chaotic, why shouldn't our various forum threads and postings reflecting the madness we're living? :o

Hallo, went through 3 times yesterday. At around 10 a.m. traffic lights on, long tailbacks on Patak Road coming from Kata, long tailbacks on Viset Road coming from Rawai. Could drive cross the "circle".

At around lunch time policemen put cones on Patak Road to divert traffic into ChaoFa West Road and then U-turn to come back to "circle". Put cones back in the middle of the circle to make it "round" again.

In the evening traffic lights off, back to "normal" circle. No tailbacks!

Today, back to "normal" see above. No tailbacks.

Best news I've heard all day (turning off the lights and putting cones back in a circle)

At least the cops are doing something, aye?

A real bummer about the daytime mugging on the other thread though.

I'm getting madder and madder at these cops although i realize the Chalong circle change was most likely not their doing.

But ignoring muggings or never solving them is getting on my nerves.

How a cop would rather direct that traffic mess or stand in the sun at that circle to bust farangs rather than try to solve a real crime is just beyond me.

And what is the final result of all the ballyhoo about Chalong Circle:

Traffic lights off (as of today) and the fountain replaced by some more or less (rather less I would think) red-white plastic cones. TIT!

ABSOLUTELY! I drive thro every day from Rawai to bypass road before 9am and back at 11.30am and same times pm in evenings and have not noticed any traffic lights on. Still use it as a roundabout with no hold-ups at all. Straight thro every time

BUT: wait til it really starts working and traffic from the pier has to do U-turns thro the Sunday morning market!

Traffic lights off (as of today) and the fountain replaced by some more or less (rather less I would think) red-white plastic cones. TIT!

ABSOLUTELY! I drive thro every day from Rawai to bypass road before 9am and back at 11.30am and same times pm in evenings and have not noticed any traffic lights on. Still use it as a roundabout with no hold-ups at all. Straight thro every time

BUT: wait til it really starts working and traffic from the pier has to do U-turns thro the Sunday morning market!

I'm puzzled;yesterday went through twice, no hold ups either way;

Today,around 11.30, again straight through.

Maybe you guys were in Koh Samui!

I'm puzzled;yesterday went through twice, no hold ups either way;

Today,around 11.30, again straight through.

Maybe you guys were in Koh Samui!

Yeah, see there everyone, not only are you on the wrong forum, but you can't get straight which island you live on.

This has been another priceless nugget of information brought to you by my senior member (it got a lot older this past weekend).

This is Thailand, longtime doing nuffin, then as nuffin was investigated, TOTAL HASH

Be back to my fave drinking hole in Chalong, 20 days, will see and try it out on me scooter..........LOL

10 days...........