Where To Go For Extension

What is the true?

The school ( they take care of the extension) of my son goes always to Nong Khai.

It turns out that the immigration officer told the staff of the school, that next time

everybody has to go to his own region,

this means for us living in Mahasarakham that we have to go to Mukdahan.

Is this a change for everybody or only ED visa?

What about NON O ?

( the best way ( to drive) for us is Korat or Nong Khai

Greetings

What is the true?

The school ( they take care of the extension) of my son goes always to Nong Khai.

It turns out that the immigration officer told the staff of the school, that next time

everybody has to go to his own region,

this means for us living in Mahasarakham that we have to go to Mukdahan.

Is this a change for everybody or only ED visa?

What about NON O ?

( the best way ( to drive) for us is Korat or Nong Khai

Greetings

I was in Nong Khai Immigration this week and they gave me a hand out advising where to go for extension of stay in conjunction with the province you live in in the North East region , i will try to attach to this reply

post-36432-1222357085_thumb.jpg

I cannot see any mention of Korat Immigration office on those lists. Apart from people living in Korat.

I will still be going there from Khon Kaen and see what they say.

Nakon Ratchasima is on list that is Korat.

Give them a call and see what they say.

I live in Sriracha but make my extension based on retirement in Pattaya. I have read in other posts that Sriracha do not accept pension income, only 800,000 baht deposit, but this is not an option for me. Will I still be able to go to Pattaya in future or what can I do?

Well, maybe the change has actually gone into effect,but I haven't heard stories of people being turned away from other immigration offices yet. Not time to panic - let's wait and see. The document merely shows which offices are responsible for extensions in their respective areas. It doesn't say any more than that.

I plan to apply for my annual extension in Bangkok, as usual, next week. I guess that will be a pretty good test, don't you think?

Well, maybe the change has actually gone into effect,but I haven't heard stories of people being turned away from other immigration offices yet. Not time to panic - let's wait and see. The document merely shows which offices are responsible for extensions in their respective areas. It doesn't say any more than that.

I plan to apply for my annual extension in Bangkok, as usual, next week. I guess that will be a pretty good test, don't you think?

With you living in Udon that would indeed be a test. Good Luck.

I shall continue going to Korat until they tell me different.

The thought of dealing with Nong Kai would give me sleepless nights. :o