Need Help !

Gentlemen, I need your advices

I have a Non-Immigrant 0 – Retirement Visa, which expires on October 7th.

On the last 3 years I always asked for new 12 months application, doing the usual requirements like showing along other documents the Bank's letter to proof that I had 800k on my account (I don't have anymore incomes) around this time – end of September.

Unfortunately this year, due some investments made, I don't have the 800k to show, which perhaps it will be only possible in January.

As I cannot travel to my Country on this time nor be illegal in Thailand my idea is to get a normal 30 days visa at Cambodia before the dead line (7th October) and keep doing it again every 30 days until I'm able to deposit in my account the 800k again.

My question is:

Do I need a re-entry permit for not losing the Non-Imm. 0 ?

Or if I go I lose it anyway and then I have to re-start all the processes again.

Is there another way, like ask for a visa extension?

Thanks in advance for your comments or replies

Roland

In your situation you will have to start the whole proces of applying for a new non-immigrant visa again, when you meet the qualifications for that.

For now you will have to do the 30 day's border runs, starting the day your permission of stay expires. Not knowing your nationality I asume you qualify for this and can get only 90 days on this in a 6 month period. If you need more time you have to do a visa run instead and ask for a tourist visa, which will give you 60 days and can be extended by 30 days.

When you have 800,000 in the bank again you can apply for a non-immigrant visa again and at the end ask for an extension as usual.

If you can't show the 800,000 for the previous 3 months or are able to combine what you have in bank now with income

to reach the 800,00 mark you are going to loose your visa no matter what you do.

If you come up with money later it will normally have to be in the bank for 3 months.

If it does run out your best option is to make visa run somewhere and apply for a non-o visa. They might give you a multiple if you show some money in the bank or at least a 2 entry. If not then get a 60 day tourist visa with 2 entries and with 30 day extensions and a border run you would be good for 180 days.

Vientiane is a good option for the visa run.

The problem with making border runs and getting a 30 day is that you are going to go over the 90 day total allowed within 6 months.

Others may come up with other options for you.

If I understand correctly, you have been in Thailand three extensions of one retirement visa.

Have you been there a total of three years? More than? Less than?

I am asking because I think that you can apply for Residency after three extensions of one Visa. It would be a shame to have to start the three years over again. I am not sure of all the requirements, but they are on TV here somewhere.

I would check into it if I were you. May be worth looking at other options in terms of showing income.

I have a friend that "paid for" 800 k in the bank. I am not sure how.....but I am pretty sure he never came in contact with the money, nor did his bank acct.

I am interested because I am returning next month on what should be the start of three years at least, and I intend to apply for Residency

Good Luck

Edited by Canada

Roland, I think we should first clarify the basis of your current permission to stay in Thailand.

You say that you “have a Non-Immigrant 0 – Retirement Visa, which expires on October 7th”. This indicates a non-immigrant visa type O-A, obtained on October 8 last year from a Thai embassy or consulate.

Then you say that for the last three years you “always asked for new 12 months application, doing the usual requirements like showing along other documents the Bank's letter to proof that I had 800k on my account (I don't have anymore incomes) around this time – end of September.” This indicates either an annual extension of stay obtained from an immigration office in Thailand, or an new non-O-A visa obtained every year from a Thai embassy or consulate.

So which of the two is it? Before discussing anything further we should really know the basis for you current permission to stay. Is it a rectangular stamp 25 mm high and 40 mm wide that you received at a Thai immigration checkpoint when you entered Thailand (on what date?) and has the text “admitted <date> until 7 OCT 2008”? Or is it another stamp, bigger, which you received at an immigration office after applying for an extension of stay and the text says something about extension of stay etc?

--

Maestro

Roland, I think we should first clarify the basis of your current permission to stay in Thailand.

You say that you "have a Non-Immigrant 0 – Retirement Visa, which expires on October 7th". This indicates a non-immigrant visa type O-A, obtained on October 8 last year from a Thai embassy or consulate.

Then you say that for the last three years you "always asked for new 12 months application, doing the usual requirements like showing along other documents the Bank's letter to proof that I had 800k on my account (I don't have anymore incomes) around this time – end of September." This indicates either an annual extension of stay obtained from an immigration office in Thailand, or an new non-O-A visa obtained every year from a Thai embassy or consulate.

So which of the two is it? Before discussing anything further we should really know the basis for you current permission to stay. Is it a rectangular stamp 25 mm high and 40 mm wide that you received at a Thai immigration checkpoint when you entered Thailand (on what date?) and has the text "admitted <date> until 7 OCT 2008"? Or is it another stamp, bigger, which you received at an immigration office after applying for an extension of stay and the text says something about extension of stay etc?

--

Maestro

The second Maestro.This is the stamp that I have as it follows:

BANGKOK THAILAND

EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITED UP TO - 7 OCT 2008

HOLDER MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHIN THE DATE

SPECIFIED HEREIN.OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

SIGNED ……………………………

IMMIGRATION OFFICER

20 SEP 2007

RETIREMENT

I got my NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "O" on 28 JAN 2004 valid until 27 APR 2004, using a visa run to Cambodia in MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST and SEPTEMBER and since then, for three times (three years), the Retirement Visa.

Only once (August 13th), I went to my Country paying a RE-ENTRY at the Airport, admitted on that day and valid until October 7th 2005.

Since then, every year (21 days before the date expire), I made the usual application at IMMIGRATION BUREAU in Bangkok.

This year, due the exposed reasons (800k) I can't make it, that's why I'm thinking to re-start the visa run to Cambodia until I'm able again to get a new non-imm. "0" visa and apply again for the retirement Visa.

I take this opportunity to thanks all for your useful replies

Best regards,

Roland

In this case it’s tourist visas for you, Roland, until you have 800k in the bank again for 3 months. Then you can apply at your immigration office for a change to non-immigrant visa and for a retirement extension, and you will be back on your old retirement track. I don’t see any easier way, I’m afraid.

--

Maestro

I am interested because I am returning next month on what should be the start of three years at least, and I intend to apply for Residency

Good Luck

You will not get Permanent Residency on Retirement Extensions.

Amongst other things you need a good record of Income Tax payments.

Roland head off to Vientiane and get a Double Entry Tourist Visa.

Good Luck

You will not get Permanent Residency on Retirement Extensions.

Amongst other things you need a good record of Income Tax payments.

Roland head off to Vientiane and get a Double Entry Tourist Visa.

Thank you. Staying on a non imm "o" spouse.

Canada

FYI Married to a Thai requires 30,000 baht minimum per month average combined income for the previous two years prior to applying for a PR with tax payment as proof.

Under current visa extension rules you need to show income of 40,000 per month so it would be good to look at the tax side of things as proof for your extensions now.

Just a little info if you don't know ready.

I got my NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "O" on 28 JAN 2004 valid until 27 APR 2004, using a visa run to Cambodia in MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST and SEPTEMBER and since then, for three times (three years), the Retirement Visa.

Doesn't quite compute....

You came into Thailand on a Non Imm O single entry visa (based on the 3-month validity period), which expired the day you entered Thailand using this visa (as, by definition, do all 'single entry' visas upon use.) And after your 90-day permitted to stay stamp expired, you did 30-day border runs. Then, you got your first 'extension of stay based on retirement.' But to do this, you would need a valid Non Imm O visa -- but it is not apparent you had one.....

Anyway, nothing to do with your current problem.... but I'm curious how you got your first extension of stay, particularly since I didn't think they issued Non Imm O visas in-country back in 2004.....did you obtain another one on your last run to Cambodia?

I think I see the problem here.

What you did in 2004 won't work now because in 2006 they started inforcing the rule that you can only do a total of 90 days over a 6 month period on visa exempt entries.

Thats why you are being told to get a tourist visa.