Vice-presidential Debate; Where In Cm?

sunnitimes

This topic is about Chiang Mai, Thailand (that was for the Super Moderator who closed the previous US presidential topic as being off-topic rather closing the topic because it was becoming a senseless rant. It was a great relief to know that the US elections are not an area that has any effect or bearing on cozy Chiang Mai).

Requesting information of where in Chiang Mai it might be possible for a group of US citizens who do care about the state of their country to see the VP debate live on Friday morning. I realize that the Democrats Abroad group is doing a re-run of the debates on Saturday at 4pm but was hoping to see the debate on Friday.

Any suggestions as to venues that might be open and broadcasting CNN at that hour of the morning?

Looks like a good opportunity for some enterprising cafe/bar owner with a decent-sized TV and plenty of chairs to boost his/her takings this week.

I'll be watching at home - but, sorry, I'm never ready for Joe & Jane Public at that time of day............. :o

Agree that it is early for Joe and Sarah, but at least it is not in conflict with racing or football so there ought to be somewhere looking for a bit of early morning income.

Any suggestions on locals with big screen televisions?? Tend to be an eat-at-home kind of person so am unfamiliar with the places that even could host such an event. Thoughts??

Somebody suggested that an internet cafe, such as Buddy's across from Kad San Kaew mall on Huay Kaew road, has headphones and streaming video. That is early, so early in fact that I am not sure Buddy's is open that early.

To the OP: the earlier thread went way off topic. Shall we keep this thread restricted to watching the debate at a venue in Chiang Mai?

Debate starts Thursday night 8pm CDT or Friday morning 8am Chiang Mai time.

thanks sunni. am sure there must be places that open for breakfast that'll show it if you ask them. my GF wants to see it too so if anyone knows of anywhere definitely showing it and can post it up on here, it'd be appreciated.

Somebody suggested that an internet cafe, such as Buddy's across from Kad San Kaew mall on Huay Kaew road, has headphones and streaming video. That is early, so early in fact that I am not sure Buddy's is open that early.

To the OP: the earlier thread went way off topic. Shall we keep this thread restricted to watching the debate at a venue in Chiang Mai?

Thanks for the suggestion; I will check with Buddy's this afternoon. Also agree that previous topic veered waaaaay off, as these topics are proned to do. Since I am very much interested in finding a venue in Chiang Mai will do my best to stay ON topic.

I have seen very little American TV in Thailand. That is a much better thing than bad. However, every now and then it would have been nice to catch some US Football or Baseball games. Have seen one or two beer bars that had baseball tape delayed from some network. Only saw one football playoff game, again, tape delayed.

Not living there but only visited many times, I don't know, but do wonder how flexible the TV satellite or cable selections really are. What is available for purchase or subscription?