Good Quality Cookware?

gavstah

Meyer cookware in Laem chabang has high quality cookware. This is where circulon is made for export. However they do not make cast iron.

If you want cast iron you have to go to True Value across from Tesco on Sukhumvit. you'll pay for it though....just depends on how badly you want

it.

beachbunny

I bought an excellent set of pans at INDEX. It is a heavy duty stainless steel NON-STICK and have had it a year with no problems at all. It has about a 1 gallon soup pot, a large and small sauce pan with lids, a large and small skillet with lids. I have been cooking since I was 7 years old and this is one of the better sets I have ever used. Don't remember what the price was, but it is quality stuff.

Hi folks, whilst we are on the subject of cook wear. I use a pressure cooker a lot, same one since 1978! Mine is a cast thick walled unit. Can you get good cast aluminium pressure cookers in Pats? Will be leaving this one for the kids to use. There are cheap Chinese ones available here, but I don't like the idea of a thin walled aluminium pressure vessel or the fact they don't have a backup pressure release valve!

I bought a "Circulon INFINITE 10 pcs" set from Central Chitlom in Bangkok.

It was on sale at 11000 baht, not the same set but saw a Circulon set in the Index Pattaya priced at 7000 Baht.

Not much choice in Thailand for good cookware and dinnerware.

Meyer is a great brand. We bought several Meyer pans a few years ago when we lived in London and then discovered that it's made in Thailand. :o (Wished we'd bought it here.)

There are a couple of good shops on Pattaya South Road where we've bought stuff. Coming from Beach Road and moving towards Suk, there's one on the left with lots of good commercial equipment but some of it small enough for a domestic kitchen, and then further up on the right there's a shop that sells cheffy stuff and table linen. Both excellent shops IMO.

Hi CGW, I checked their site directory but no mention of known brands like Tefal. Am I looking at the right site???

This one?

post-63954-1223682029_thumb.png

Your looking at the right site, but its crappy, I bought some Calphalon SS stuff there + other name brands very recently, you have to look around as they are not all together. They have a large kitchen department that sells most items available on the market.

Cheers

Edited by CGW

I have not succeeded in finding any "Le Creuset" here, however you might try Robinsons in Sri Racha.v they have pyrex.

Thai cooking does not involve ovens so oven-ware is very difficult to find.

I use pyrex and earthenware for oven cooking - i bought a good casserole pot in Fly Now outlet on Sukumvit.

The shop next to Foodland may be able to order you some something like a Dutch oven/or other cast iron pot.

as mentioned above, the Mayer factiory is in Laem Chabang, and has an outlet, open only at week-ends i think. but Robinsons stock their stuff.