What Are All The Options With Getting Thai Gf 2 Oz

I have considered this Visa for my thai gf. I have have several thai gf over the last few years & have always taken them back to Oz on a 3 or once when lucky a 6 month tourist visa. I guess I am sick & tired of them not being able to do anything in Oz- work\study\etc. So as I work- all they can do is housework & cook. Being boring for them. I wish I could get an ETA Visa that we can with many nations of the world for 12 month periods.

Problem with pre-marry Visa is whilst they can work\study\use medical services\etc you MUST marry them. This no good for me- it like the Aussie Government push you into a permanent relationship even if u not really want right now.

I already sponsored a girl from Thailand when I was 20yo on defacto (Big Mistake), as she was miserable in Australia in Winter & she could not adapt to the culture and\or me. I would love to have 2-3 years with a thai girl in Aussie to see if she can adapt to the culture & my family. Otherwise I would never take the chance again & be pushed into marriage.

I am sick of tourist visa's & not wish to sponsor another on a permanent visa until I am sure 100% that Australia & me is right for her. As I can only sponsor 1 more girl in my life from anywhere in the world & still I am only 28yo. I do not want to use up my final sponsorship at this time.

I am very close to current gf of 2 years yet I will never give a PR until we together at least 5 years & happy & I the one for her & vice versa. I think would she offer her last sponsorship to me & the answer is 'no', so why is their no other option. U cannot help who u fall n love with 100%. Any advice by the very experienced would be greatly appreciatated.

Regards

jayinoz :o

TROLL ?

Troll----What that is- player or barfly or wha :D t? Nice advice to simple Qs mate...

Anyway it is a real life Q, that I am sure many would like to know;

What are our options in taking our gf back to Australia?

Why sponsor on PR if culture\me\life in Aussie not right for the girl?

Must we continuously organize a 3 month visa until we sure she be happy, which will take years to be sure? What she do in the meantime whilst she on holiday Visa?

Surely some option exists to give us half a chance in Australia without committing 100% from start?

Troll that... It sounds nasty but I feel the above are valid.

Regards

Jayinoz :o

Every country basically has the same visas in place. The difference is the conditions that must be satisfied for each country's version of that visa. These visas are basically fiance/marriage, spouse, student, work, holiday. So, that's your choice. You appear to be looking for a magic visa that doesn't exist. Her only choice outside a marriage/visit visa would be work or study. If you can't get her a job & work sponsor or a place at a uni/college then you've had it.

She cannot get a non sponsored work visa being 125 pts & may just squeeze the 100pts as a Thai cook. Yet needs to prove 3 years from 4 full time employment to get to 105pts. She only has a year plus thai cook certificate from a school the 4\5 star Chefs in Bkk get. In terms of a restaurant sponsor in Oz- I know 4 x farang\thai couples with retaurants together in Oz. Two of them told me they only sponsor thai family, mostly. I am reluctant to ask anymore and put my friends under any pressure. As there is a limit to how many sponsors they may have at any one time based on the size of their biz.

Yet I know another guy who has a small Machanic shop & he set his girl up in a Thai Massage shop in Oz under his business. I have been told that she must have had family in Oz already for her to have enough points to get the Work Visa. My girl does not have existing family.

I have heard that Rudd has upped the 'Holiday Working Visa's' for Thais? Appartently 10 fold, does anyone have any details on this?

Last year they only offered 100 of these Visas & they were snapped up in the first few days. As I asked about it after a month from release & they said 'sorry no more are being issued this year'. I said it only been 1 month; they replied it lucky if those Visas are available at the end of the first week. Yet still they only cut off any more application after they receive 10 times that amount to access to best 100 to give the Visas too.

So basically I am screwed unless I wish to keep getting her 3 month Visas 4ever & even the officers in the Embassy are asking me when I am going to sponsor a PR for her. I state I cannot as I have never seen her fully adapt or accept the culture and we have had brief break ups during the last 2 years. If it was a stable & happy 2 years maybe I would think differently. I am a lot more cautious after my first thai wife. As we only broke up because she did not like Australia...And I wish for the girl to adapt to my culture- not me adapting to their culture. I tried that with my x-wife in a final attempt to make it work, so we both did not accept the others culture. I took our child back to Oz where we are perfectly happy & my X has the house that cost me 20K to build in North Thai. So I got out of the marriage far better off than if I married an Aussie. 3 years we run our Guesthouse in Thai & we broke down in the first year of running this together. I did not like the thai culture & could not adapt, as she could not for the 2 years in Oz.

In my case, if they cannot adapt there is no point- u will fail. In the brief break ups with current girl I dated yet it difficult to give up on someone simply over politics. Yet I know the politics are here for a reason & wished I had of been as cautious first time around. But we all live & learn.

As much as I feel for my girl I guess I must accept I must give her up if she cannot get a Work sponsor. Even then she fails the Work experience test & it would need to be exaggerated. Maybe it a kiss goodbye & chok dee to her- it will be difficult to make this decision but i must n the best interest of my family I guess. I pity my girl far more than myself, as she does not get the chance. Yet she will get what she wants from another. If she was the first one I met I would have married & given her a PR within the year. :D

Hope others have better luck & to the other younger guys out their considering a thai- I advise you take your time & see if she educated enough to get into Australia with very little help. It great if the girl does not need to be so dependant on you- bring her on a tourist Visa then Work\Study. If she on a Work\Study & u not the sponsor & all is good. You know u on to a good catch. Otherwise the pressure of their dependancy on you will drive u crazy and put a lot of pressure on your relationship. To the older guys I say you know the score when u purchase a girl over 20 years ur junior. I do see the arrangement as help for help and u should not be disillusioned by this. Yet us younger guys must understand- whether we young\old good looking or not to many who speak english in Bkk they will be the harder girls to please. As some have grown up in a family that educates them to manipulate to get a much as possible, yet I see all girls in this fashion. Only in Thai u do not look for the signs of stability as much as you do in a farang to farang relationship, it harder to judge. Just because we are younger than many of the guys with the young girls in Thai means nothing. Take ur time & select wisely. Some want to play, some want to play & have a GIT money(Generally older man who pays monthly amount to spend time with them) and then the very few who maybe ur match. My 2 cents. :o

^^^^^^

Big post and a good read for someone in a similar situation. I am 25 and plan to bring my thai girlfriend to Australia on a 3 month tourist visa end of Dec or early January. It is playing on my mind if she can adapt to life in Australia, because if she can't I know there is no future for us.

^^^^^^

Big post and a good read for someone in a similar situation. I am 25 and plan to bring my thai girlfriend to Australia on a 3 month tourist visa end of Dec or early January. It is playing on my mind if she can adapt to life in Australia, because if she can't I know there is no future for us.

Look at it as an investment if u are genuinely interested to give her half a chance. You pay for her holiday for 3 months- maybe that is 10K in expenses to you. Depending on how much u spend... 3 months is not fair to judge whether she can adapt- look for how much she is willing to study more English? What does she want for the future- yes I know most will say 'To be happy'- dig deeper?

Remember many in Thai have been taught that the Farang man does everything? They live an easy life. If she expects this then it is your choice whether u take that responsibility. If u more like myself & expect them to work as hard as us & be apart of our family then she will be a rare thai girl & u are very lucky.

Check out her phone- how many Farang names in her book? Any English speaking callers? Where u meet? How long have u been with her n thailand?

To put this in perspective I have taken a very pretty thai girl to Aussie on 4 tourist visas in the last 15 months. Did she adapt? No. Did I give her enough time? Arguably yes. She has no other Farang calling her & totally loyal to me. Do I give her another Visa before committing- I think she had enough time at 30K + expense to myself. Their is nothing much more I can do for her unless she can pull her weight in Australia- on a tourist visa the Thai restaurants are afraid to hire her. So she saids... She had her run. I will visit her in thailand again but i never disillusion myself that she will stay loyal to me. I will not send her money- as the girls will make up a reason to cheat anyway as they become lonely. Think long- think hard- if u rolling in money----why not.... If not will the 10 K investment be worth it? That for u to judge- the pressure after 3 months passes will come on both of u. She will be unsure of her future upon return.

If in doubt- move on or stay on in thailand if u & learn thai\whatever. Even then how do u know she will adapt to Australia... How independant is she? Does she ask u for money? Does she dream of working in Oz? Many think we live a fantasy life- then are very disappointed after a couple of months. Sponsorship is a costly experience and thus the reason u see most men are over 50yo whom sponsor a girl to Oz. Get us younger guys tend to give them short holiday experiences & then that is it. I have know many guys around our age that regret the experience & waste of time\money.

They always their for u when u wish to return but more than likely she will remain ur holiday fling\s. As time passes expect far more Aussie\UK\USA\etc names to be on her phone. If she willing to change her number that is good but have the number changed to your name in the AIS\etc office, many will never do this. Also they can have tricks with two phones, multiple internet addresses but at the end of the day it is your choice. If u meet n a bar\club u should know the score- no chance. If in a course at Uni\library\she running a shop- better chance. My 2 cents again.

^^^^^^

The Asians on the whole are very adaptable...If your relationship is strong then she will adapt.

Try looking positively at the situation, If you are constantly watching her to see her reaction neither of you will enjoy yourselves and relax.

Make sure that she has access to Thai/asian foodstuffs, some Thai contacts and maybe a good Thai video/dvd shop.

this is a very interesting topic for me. I am 26 and currently aabout top bring my gf over on a tourist visa. I really wonder how it will work out, how she will adapt, how I will feel paying for everything. thankfully she is educated, and runs a shop back in bkk; she is always willing to work (obviously not on a tourist visa) ..but I would like to see how long that will lasts when she realised she doesnt have to.

We are planning an initial 3month visit, if all goes well, a year or 6months depending on immigration..then who knows. I doubt I will want to marry after such a short time. but then again, she is a great girl. lets see.

Anyone got anymore advice for keeping her occupied once she is here?..I mean..I'll be working 9-5, and she aint gonna be going shopping everyday thats for sure.

Cheers

"I have considered this Visa for my thai gf."

Which visa is that?

"I have have several thai gf over the last few years & have always taken them back to Oz on a 3 or once when lucky a 6 month tourist visa."

Lucky them.

"I guess I am sick & tired of them not being able to do anything in Oz- work\study\etc."

As compare to highly paid professionals in Thailand.

"So as I work- all they can do is housework & cook. Being boring for them."

Are they complaining?

"I wish I could get an ETA Visa that we can with many nations of the world for 12 month periods."

I wish I would win the Superball Lottery.

"Problem with pre-marry Visa is whilst they can work\study\use medical services\etc you MUST marry them."

You mean being responsible? The horror of it all!

"This no good for me- it like the Aussie Government push you into a permanent relationship even if u not really want right now."

Or able to speak English.

"I already sponsored a girl from Thailand when I was 20yo on defacto (Big Mistake), as she was miserable in Australia in Winter & she could not adapt to the culture and\or me."

Which was worse: you or the culture?

"I would love to have 2-3 years with a thai girl in Aussie to see if she can adapt to the culture & my family."

Ah, a "trial marriage", with a renewal option. Similar to a driver's license, huh?

"Otherwise I would never take the chance again & be pushed into marriage."

Lucky them.

"I am sick of tourist visa's & not wish to sponsor another on a permanent visa until I am sure 100% that Australia & me is right for her. As I can only sponsor 1 more girl in my life from anywhere in the world & still I am only 28yo. I do not want to use up my final sponsorship at this time."

Finally, a good decision.

"I am very close to current gf of 2 years yet I will never give a PR until we together at least 5 years & happy & I the one for her & vice versa."

Very close as compared to "somewhat close but no cigar"?

"I think would she offer her last sponsorship to me & the answer is 'no', so why is their no other option."

You have this backwards, don't you? YOU offer sponsorship, she doesn't.

"U cannot help who u fall n love with 100%."

As compare to "falling in love 50%"?

"Any advice by the very experienced would be greatly appreciatated."

Vasectomy, for you. Tubal ligation, for her. Move away from mom and dad.

"Regards"

Cheers!

"jayinoz"

glyph

this is a very interesting topic for me. I am 26 and currently aabout top bring my gf over on a tourist visa. I really wonder how it will work out, how she will adapt, how I will feel paying for everything. thankfully she is educated, and runs a shop back in bkk; she is always willing to work (obviously not on a tourist visa) ..but I would like to see how long that will lasts when she realised she doesnt have to.

We are planning an initial 3month visit, if all goes well, a year or 6months depending on immigration..then who knows. I doubt I will want to marry after such a short time. but then again, she is a great girl. lets see.

Anyone got anymore advice for keeping her occupied once she is here?..I mean..I'll be working 9-5, and she aint gonna be going shopping everyday thats for sure.

Cheers

Mate, before I got married to my lovely lady, she was in Adelaide for 2 lots of 3 month stays. One word for you - Internet. She was able to keep in touch with her Thai friends via Skype and listen to Thai music etc. Let's face it Adelaide is not the most exciting town in Australia now is it. But I was lucky since I was working nights and she was not lonely as my parents would often keep her company and she could learn English off them too.

Another thing is certainly allow her to buy plenty of Thai groceries, go to the nearest Asian shop, my misses is a great cook and loved it.

Your local library may stock Thai language books too. Check that out, we did and she enjoyed reading at night curled up in bed waiting for me to come home from work! ahh memories!

Good luck!

There seems to be plenty of us guys who are keen on Thai girls, I am in the same boat I am 33 have known a girl for nearly a year and was planning on bringing her out for a holiday for a couple of months at the end of the year, I also have the same reservations in relation to how she will adapt and am very worried that she will feel isolated and not enjoy her time here.

Just a question to anybody that has applied for a holiday visa, what really are the important things to include in the application, would anybody be able to go through the process and give any pointers they feel relevant, any help advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by rick75

There seems to be plenty of us guys who are keen on Thai girls, I am in the same boat I am 33 have known a girl for nearly a year and was planning on bringing her out for a holiday for a couple of months at the end of the year, I also have the same reservations in relation to how she will adapt and am very worried that she will feel isolated and not enjoy her time here.

Just a question to anybody that has applied for a holiday visa, what really are the important things to include in the application, would anybody be able to go through the process and give any pointers they feel relevant, any help advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

read back through the forum, they are plenty of posts covering this topic