Tourist Visa To Married Visa

I am here on a tourist visa and got married two weeks ago (pre-planned). Is there a way to extend this visa by more than the regular 7 days and without leaving the country?
When you mention a tourist visa, do you have a 60 day stamp or a 30 day stamp?

If you have a 30 day stamp, then you are on a Tourist Visa Exempt entry and can extend at your local immigration dept by 7 days.

If you are on a 60 day stamp, then you can extend by another 30 days.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. If she is Thai.

7.23 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse

or child: Permission

will be granted for a

period of not more

than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship; and

(2) In the case of a spouse, their

marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Copy of household registration

certificate

4. Copy of the national ID card

held by the Thai concerned

5. Copy of the marriage/birth

certificate

Edited by Lite Beer

It all depends on your visa/entry status. If on 30 day exempt entry you must have 21 days remaining to extend your visa for anything more than 7 days.

If on tourist visa as said above you can extend for 30 days.

If you meet the requirements (40k per month income) for a one year extension to support your wife you can also go that route if you desire.

Also the 60 day visa to visit your wife is an option.

But it still depends on having 21 days left on any visa except for the tourist visa extension.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR A FAMILY MEMBER OF A THAI (APPLICABLE ONLY PARENTS, SPOUSE OR CHILD.

In case of no children, the application must be submitted 21 days before visa expiration and Overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=service#

I don't think you can extend a Visa exempt entry for 60 days since their is no visa.

The same for a tourist visa the most it can be extended is for 30 days.

It requires a change of visa status. They issue a 60 day non-o visa in this case.

Edited by ubonjoe

I don't think you can extend a Visa exempt entry for 60 days since their is no visa.

The same for a tourist visa the most it can be extended is for 30 days.

It requires a change of visa status.

They issue a 60 day non-o visa in this case.

There is no such thing.

You believe what you want to believe.

I give up.

Now, now.

You have presented two different options.

It is up to the OP to decide if he wants a change of visa, with the chance of a one year extension later,

or just a simple 60 day extension.

I disagree with that as that they are talking about to different options, which indeed there are. But Ubonjoe seems to think that for the 60 day extension based on visiting your Thai wife you need to get a change of visa and at least 21 days left on your permission to stay stamp. I side with Lite Beer that that is not necesary.

I disagree with that as that they are talking about to different options, which indeed there are. But Ubonjoe seems to think that for the 60 day extension based on visiting your Thai wife you need to get a change of visa and at least 21 days left on your permission to stay stamp. I side with Lite Beer that that is not necesary.

Mario. You are 100% correct.

The OP was asking about an extension other than 7 days. The 60 day extension should suit him fine.

I would like to confirme that for a 60-day extension of stay to visit Thai wife it is not necessary to have 21 days left on your permission to stay. I suggest that the OP should go for this extension. Bring your wife along to the immigration office as she may have to confirm that you are visiting her.

--

Maestro