? Another Scam

Wellington

The Camelot Group UK, organizers of The National Lottery wishes to informyou that the results of the E-mail address ballot lottery internationalprogram held on the 9th october 2008. Your email account has been pickedas a winner of a lump sum pay out of Eight hundred and ninety-onethousand,nine hundred and thirty-four Great Britain pounds (£ 891,934.00pounds sterling ) Please contact your Claims Agent, from the OverseaWinners Processing Department:

ANy one else had anything similar?

I can find nothing on Snopes

Opinions welcome;

I've not replied to the email.

Congratulations, I had one of these scam emails for the first in 2 years yesterday as well. The wife got one too.

You must have picked up third prize. Mine was 13 million, hers was 31 million. :o

I've since Googled

interesting reading!

Nothing new there. I am winning about 4 lotteries every day. I have had the same emailaddress for 9 years, and because of my business my emailaddress is mentioned at lots of websites. Interesting proposals from places like Nigeria or Sierra Leone I get 2 or 3 per day.

Edited by keestha

• 5 weeks later...
The Camelot Group UK, organizers of The National Lottery wishes to informyou that the results of the E-mail address ballot lottery internationalprogram held on the 9th october 2008. Your email account has been pickedas a winner of a lump sum pay out of Eight hundred and ninety-onethousand,nine hundred and thirty-four Great Britain pounds (£ 891,934.00pounds sterling ) Please contact your Claims Agent, from the OverseaWinners Processing Department:

ANy one else had anything similar?

I can find nothing on Snopes

Opinions welcome;

I've not replied to the email.

I won same amount, as I do with all these idiot mails I fwd'd to abuse@

Remember the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is......

Do people actually fall for the Nigerian scams? I mean that seriously, since they are just so plain unbelievable?. Are there any home made scams internet wise that originate in Thailand?

BTW, is there a new con artist gang at work on Bangla? I was approached by a kid, with sad eyes, I'd say was 19-20 with dyed blonde hair trying to sell me something. Before he could get started into his sales pitch, I told him to p*s off. Then 10 m up the street I saw a scurvy looking 40ish aussie trying to pitch something. He looked so untrustworthy, I can't believe anyone would fall for it. I had a hunch kid and older guy were working together.

Nothing new there. I am winning about 4 lotteries every day. I have had the same emailaddress for 9 years, and because of my business my emailaddress is mentioned at lots of websites. Interesting proposals from places like Nigeria or Sierra Leone I get 2 or 3 per day.

Me too unfortunately. One way round it is to add your email address to your website, as a JPEG. Customers unfortunately cant click on the email addy and email you, BUT the spy-robots also cannot harvest your email and spam you.

You, yes you Farang is the winner of 10 Rai of land, free of all taxes in Thailand, no need for visa this automatic make you a citizen, please report to your local Tambom office for your Thai ID, card, then call your local Thai Immigration Office, give your ID card number and you will receive your Life time Thai Passport within 7 days all this free of any charge or Taxes(VATs) :D:D:D:o WOW!! dude WHAT A DREAM.

Edited by BigSnake