Thai Neigbor Kicked My Cat

HorseDoctor

My neighbor, who built his house AFTER I was already in my home , out of the blue walked up to me and my cat while standing on the public road between our properties and kicked my cat. As as she ran away he picked up a rock and threw it at her

( he throws like a "girl, " so I laughed...( Cat was OK ) .

I think he would have shot me then if he's been armed.

This is the police chief of Cherng Telay , whom I think feels frustrated I didn't obey his barked order one day order to remove my ugly barbed wire fence keeping neighborhood kids fond of terrorizing horses out of my stable- where they could get killed from panicked horses stomping them.

Or that I'm American and have little automatic respect for Police...

He has no walls on his house and I guess one of my many cats has gone over there and according to a friend who conversed with his wife, makes new baby sick in some way . ) Gee, maybe if he stopped picking his nose or burning plastic refuse, it might help with the family's ailments...

I have the other neighbor's ( Cops too, but neighborly, from Thalang Station ) dozen or so cock fighting roosters, chickens and dogs crapping all over my 2 rai property , that's the way it is here, you put up with sh8t..My Pen Rai.. The Cats aren't ...peeing or crapping in his house...a house with no walls .

His house ( again, that he built AFTER I moved in ) is but 20 meters from my house. He often to burns his garbage so the smoke enters my home . ( Isn't burning household garbage illegal yet in Thailand , not that having a law means anything... )

Really just want to publicly document this behavior of his...

Edited by endure

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the police chief of Cherng Telay

that means connected and you should be real careful..............

I appreciate your comment but fortunately he's not a drinker and I'm betting has a lot to lose with pettily motivated violence on a legally residing foreigner

Tomorrow when I have a helper, I'll try to remedy the cats getting off of my property .

I just want readers to know what kind of infants are in charge in this province.

I appreciate your comment but fortunately he's not a drinker and I'm betting has a lot to lose with pettily motivated violence on a legally residing foreigner
Not necessarily violence, but he can make your life very difficult, and there is nothing you can do about him terrorizing your cats, you with burning his garbage or anything else, playing music all night long next to your bedroom, etc.

This is the police chief of Cherng Telay , whom I think feels frustrated I didn't obey his barked order one day order to remove my ugly barbed wire fence ...

Whether you had your house there before him doesnt matter ... he's Thai and your not ... pi$$ing off the local plod is VERY risky ... make amends ASAP or MOVE ...

My neighbor, who built his house AFTER I was already in my home , out of the blue walked up to me and my cat while standing on the public road between our properties and kicked my cat. As as she ran away he picked up a rock and threw it at her

This is the police chief of Cherng Telay , whom I think feels frustrated I didn't obey his barked order one day order to remove my ugly barbed wire fence keeping neighborhood kids fond of terrorizing horses out of my stable- where they could get killed from panicked horses stomping them.

He has no walls on his house and I guess one of my many cats has gone over there and according to a friend who conversed with his wife, makes new baby sick in some way . ) Gee, maybe if he stopped picking his nose or burning plastic refuse, it might help with the family's ailments...

I have the other neighbor's ( Cops too, but neighborly, from Thalang Station ) dozen or so cock fighting roosters, chickens and dogs crapping all over my 2 rai property , that's the way it is here, you put up with sh8t..My Pen Rai.. The Cats aren't ...peeing or crapping in his house...a house with no walls .

His house ( again, that he built AFTER I moved in ) is but 20 meters from my house. He often to burns his garbage so the smoke enters my home . ( Isn't burning household garbage illegal yet in Thailand , not that having a law means anything... )

Get your housekeeper/stableboy, whomsoever, so long as they are a Thai national, to go buy you a gun and shoot 'im.

Easy podge.

OP, you do have a tough situation as it sounds like you love your horses and cats, and your big boss police guy neighbor does not.  You're in a tough situation and I don't see an easy way out as I know it's not easy to find a decent property to keep your horses, but I'd definitely be looking if I were you as you don't want to one day wake up to some serious trauma and drama if you know what I mean.

It sounds as if you are fairly stressed out. Do you have any friends you can either go to stay with for a few days or who can come and stay with you for a little while and let you take your mind off things. Things are never as bad as they can seem. But you need toget a break I think.

Move.

And don't bother getting another cat OR live next door to the police if you don't respect them

I don't think it's fair to accuse the OP of not respecting his neighbour. After all you have to earn and deserve respect. I do however agree that best option would be to move and make a fresh start somewhere else. No matter how unfair it seems, in a situation like this you will never come out on top, and I would go as far as to say your life could well become a misery. The copper has obviously got a ' This town ain't big enough for the both of us' thing going on and I doubt he'll let it go. Things like this can eat you up inside and make you very bitter and twisted. Move on, fresh start, stay happy. Good luck mate.

Maybe the cat has been in his house, maybe the child is an asthmatic and allergic to cats, maybe the cat pissed around his house and the smell lingers.

And anyhow what's " he built his house after mine" got to do with anything. Have you passed puberty yet?

Maybe the cat has been in his house, maybe the child is an asthmatic and allergic to cats, maybe the cat pissed around his house and the smell lingers.

And anyhow what's " he built his house after mine" got to do with anything. Have you passed puberty yet?

This policeman tries to show who's boss by kicking a defensless animal, and yet you try to make it sound like the OP is the inadequate one, strange. And who was there first is very relevent. If you don't like the way someone has their house, fences, or animals they keep then you shouldn't buy the plot of land next door, and if you do you have no right to complain.

Edited by WOOHOO

This policeman tries to show who's boss by kicking a defensless animal, and yet you try to make it sound like the OP is the inadequate one, strange. And who was there first is very relevent. If you don't like the way someone has their house, fences, or animals they keep then you shouldn't buy the plot of land next door, and if you do you have no right to complain.
Yes, you're right in theory.

However, him being the main police officer in the area changes things. The policeman may be the inadequate one, but the OP has really no options except move or accept.

Best remember you are in a third world country and not beverly hills,. you are a visitor in their country no matter what you think and i would say use extreme caution,if you piss off one of these types it may be more than the cat that gets a kick !.and laughing at him was not a smart move imho,.the way you describe that he lives, well that is the thai way, it will be you that is the odd one out im afraid,.did no one tell you ?

Get a bigger cat...

TV020.jpg

Ha HA this is da best !!

Wife says no cat is not peeing in the house just makes the baby sick . I think its a superstitious Thai thing . Allergies to cats come from a protein in their saliva that gets on the fur, maybe they don't watch the kid closely enough and she petted the cat.

Noticed the other day the toddler was playing at the top of the stairs with her mother on the other side of the house( remember no walls , so I can see everything like a cut out of a doll's house. Are they exhibitionists?) Thai notions of safety...Gues the future simply does not exist in this culture

tried to explain to her about dioxins in burning plastic that will make anyone sick as they constantly burn the trash.

He ain't gonna do squat... too vulnerable...he has a baby , builds a second "weekend" home and furnishes it all in within the same year and drives 2 late model cars .

Lots to hide and I bet a lot of enemies too.

Like a cockroach, small and ugly but I bet more afraid of me...

btw I have little respect for police as I find most of them are bullies who want to Lord it over others- at least in US.

My mother taught me to not even talk to them...I don't go that far and thin a few are in for the right reasons .

My other neigbors are cops too and are nice enough to me, of course their Cock fighting roosters love the worms in the horse shit compost .

Edited by HorseDoctor

I don't understand your relationship with this guy. How long have you lived there with him living next to you? This can't be your first encounter with him. He's single? If not, don't the wives talk (if your wife is Thai or not). I can't imagine my next door neighbor, "out of the blue," walking up to me and kicking my cat. You must have pissed him off before, or there's some bullshit being spread.

Also, if he was the COP, I would be looking to smoke the peace-pipe with him somehow. Don't make the mistake of being arrogant with him. You can't win, and you might get hurt. I'd be paranoid that he finds out about your post.

Edited by Shotime

I don't understand your relationship with this guy. How long have you lived there with him living next to you? This can't be your first encounter with him. He's single? If not, don't the wives talk (if your wife is Thai or not). I can't imagine my next door neighbor, "out of the blue," walking up to me and kicking my cat. You must have pissed him off before, or there's some bullshit being spread.

Also, if he was the COP, I would be looking to smoke the peace-pipe with him somehow. Don't make the mistake of being arrogant with him. You can't win, and you might get hurt. I'd be paranoid that he finds out about your post.

I wish I had a Thai wife to cook and clean for me...must be nice . Remember dear, half of us are female..

This guy should hang his head in shame.

Something has happened to y'all from living here. You .....well you've become afraid, very afraid ... of what, a cop at that with everything to lose ??

I could see if I'd ripped him off for say a hundred baht....Yeah then I'd be afraid

I plan on buying him a squirt gun, I bet I can coax a smile out of him - and today started putting up really ugly plastic mesh screening so as to be a good neighbor ..

Maybe He doesn't like me because I, a white potato, dared moved into his sphere and he's a nationalistic little runt who needs a gun to feel like a man ..Y' know a Typical PIG .

He never once said anything , just starts kicking a cat .....

Do fantasize ... Perhaps I'll let the giant T bred have a go at him , he wants to see kicking .....

If I hung my head in shame every time I said or did something that's equivalent to what I said just now, it would be scraping the fuc_king ground already.

But you're right. I would do everything I could to antagonize this man. Maybe his dick's too small. I would give you some ideas, but I'm not sure of your sexual persuasion or gender. Just starts kicking a cat, my ass.

Can i be frank here ( although thats not my name :D ) i think most of us assumed the op was a man, well its not, and at the risk of sounding chauvenistic this explains the attitude problem, and yes, i do think she has one,.i think this could end in tears, and i dont need a wager on whos ! :D ,do you have a thai husband that can talk to him, or have i assumded wrong again :o

Edited by imaneggspurt

the only thing that's not clear to me is the repeated claim "his house has no walls" :o

It's an old Thai proverb, the English equivalent of " People in glass house shouldn't throw stones".

No, if you re-read the posts clearly she states that his house has no walls. And that she can see everything they do. She mentions like a doll house where I envision one side of his house is open... Why? Maybe they are in the process of building and living in what is built as they build????