Are Thai Women Generally Attracted To Muscle In Men?

Svenn

Don't ask the board, ask Thai women you know if they like the old body builder types - ask any woman, almost all will say they do not.

This is no mystery - and I doubt it is lost on the body builders themselves - but are they bothered?

Not likely, its all a bit too boys together in the gym for them to be concerned about what women think of their bodies.

Edited by GuestHouse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, but you have me laughing my head off here. There are plenty of non-wimpy non-white Thai men who actually have girlfriends and spouses, so somebody must consider them attractive. But I guess its easier to see only what feeds your own stereotypes and prejudices and so therefor assume that all thai men must be wimpy and small. :o

Honestly I don't hang out much with Thai men, other than my Father in Law who is Old School and a hard ass, I like him allot. But I'm just saying look at the image they push and the face they show to the world via the media they control as opposed to our (US) Immages, I mean you can turn on the TV and see fat people, thin people, black and white, young, old hispanic, ect ect all portaied in different lights from positive to negative. Yes there are some biases sure, but compaired to Thailand it looks like a utopia. Here you almost ONLY see that softy "lady boy in training" look. I mean even their tough guys are sweet... remeber beautiful boxer? how about this new one "E tim?" with the boxer with the pink gloves and the blond died hair? hel_l even the dude from Ong Bak (which was awsome) got nose surgery too get with the program.

So all sterotypes aside, thats the immage as a whole that they want their people to accept. Thats not us (forgen guys) at all, sure mabey if you get up allot closer than I think most of us would like too, you can find some normal guys. But thats not whats commonly portied or seen or talked about by their women.

no, no I totally agree with you. What the media pushes and portrays is certainly not masculine, and I know alot of girls think this is what they should find attractive but then they end up marrying the normal guys so it can't be all that bad

when I was boxing and the leanest I have ever been my girfriend said it was too much, she prefers me to look fit and healthy but not ripped to shreds.........but now she says my belly is too big so maybe she will never be happy ha ha

I don't think they prefer traditional masculinity in their men.

i agree that this is because thai guys (and thai people in general for that matter) are very androgynous. i remember reading a quote from an explorer who arrived in early siam and commented that he couldn't tell the difference between the men and the women (can't find it now).

there are some exceptions though, like tony jaa.

personally, i don't like overly built guys. athletic is good, but musclebound is not. and like one of the girls said above, to most girls, looks are not as important as chemistry and personality, and for some people, money anyway.

p.s. i totally am at odds with what the normal thai girl finds attractive. the nerdy farangs i see with gorgeous thai girls make me laugh. and the nerdy, white skinned, preppy thai boys as well.

Edited by girlx

Let's stop beating around the bush. Let's call a spade a freakin spade.

Most musclemen are doped up on steroids. We ALL know the most dominant side effect of steroids - there is one muscle they most certainly do NOT grow.

* waggles little finger to illustrate his point *

I'll get my coat

Most musclemen are doped up on steroids. We ALL know the most dominant side effect of steroids - there is one muscle they most certainly do NOT grow.

I'll get my coat

Why o why did you go down this road bender, you are a man of the world , been around the block so to speak, baiting the steroid crowd and those who are just 'naturally' big, will only make this thread go spiraling down hill.

Too late I guess.

All of the Thai women I have met do not care a jot what a farang looks like so long as the money is forthcoming.

The trick they do have compared to farang women is the inscrutable come hither smile.

Beats working for a living - good luck to them

Scotwoman pity you never meet me that why my money is forthgoing.

Edited by thesunset75

Fair comment perhaps - but publish and be damned I say

By your own logic concerning racial stereotypes, you yourself are therefore, presumably, a drunken, aggressive, penny-pinching Highlander, who speaks in an unintelligible accent?

Fair comment perhaps - but publish and be damned I say

By your own logic concerning racial stereotypes, you yourself are therefore, presumably, a drunken, aggressive, penny-pinching Highlander, who speaks in an unintelligible accent?

Sorry off-topic, wrong thread.

There is only one muscle that is important, and like every other muscle, it can be over or under worked, stretched to the breaking point, or under-used to point of shrinking to near non-existent.

I am of course, referring to the "generosity muscle". Some mistakenly (or poetically) claim this muscle forms a part of the larger heart muscle, but in fact, it is located in portion of the brain seldom used by many people.

Experience has shown that repeated use of this muscle can improve one's popularity significantly, especially amongst members of the opposite sex. Under-use of the muscle can lead to one being referred to as "khee nio" or "Cheap Charlie" and inversely decrease one's attractiveness to the other gender(s).

Some people have shown an inability to use this muscle properly, which has lead to it being abused by others, resulting often in loss of assets and occasionally leading to a new found desire to experience free-fall parachuting (without a parachute).

In Thailand, having a large generosity muscle, and using it wisely, can result in having a very enjoyable life, regardless of ones looks or the shape/size of their other muscles.

(A poor guy with a good heart is still poor. A rich guy with a poor heart is a lottery ticket !) :o

Most frarang in Thailand have been burned by bar girls=easyiest to hook up with. When a 60+ frarang from X, who has had bad

relationships in his home country , and comes here and a 24 yo hard body tells him she lub him too much, the other head

takes over,usually if he has assistance. An old man meeting a girl in her sexual prime, and this is love, not. It is money, saying this, i have seen it work-??

What can I say? My g/f seems happy enough with my 2 babies. She often puts her ear to my stomach to see if the babies talk Thai or English - strange, they are always silent????

Though she does seem a little concerned I might reach the 3 babies stage.

Have had enough Thai ladies fondle my stomach and at 16 1/2 stone I never had any compalints :o

Young girls East or West like the androgynous pop star type.

Think the Beefcakes do well in western nightclubs, particularly when one considers those girls have to suffer a long laborious monologue about his body and training regime before actually venturing home, as such it would be fair to say they are dead keen.

However the Asian girls don't seem to go for the roid, salivating, knuckle dragging look. Can't imagine why, as they are also missing out on a great monosylabic salute to the temple diatribe as well. I agree they like the swimmer type athletic build so often seen in Pattaya in regard to foreigners representation. (I dated a couple of dancers in the past and the "talk about me" conversation isn't much different).

But as for so many of us, we and they often don't end up with what we thought we would. :o

the men seen in thai TV and advertising campaigns are all a bit wussy for me. not my type at all.

gimme a manly man any day. dont mind chest hair, dont mind tattoos, dont mind if hes bald (as long as theres no combover).

he doesnt have to be a lumberjack, just not someone who resembles a raw chicken sausage.

:o:D:D:D

. i was in with a chance til you said combover ! :D

I'll get my coat

LOL! Looks like we hit a nerve with somebody.

Quite often ive overheard thai ladies use the words "same buffalo",with a cringe when a muscular farang man enters a place,used in a non spiteful way,but they obviously didnt find that sort of build attractive as they found it unatural???

I'm quite often surprised at the amount of thai men on tv with girly haircuts,sometimes make up & lipstick. :o Is that what the girls go for now??

While the look may get you an opportunity, personality is the closer.

Doesn't really matter what you look like as long as you have the ability to approach and be approachable.

I know this because I have zero personality and less charisma.

All of the Thai women I have met do not care a jot what a farang looks like so long as the money is forthcoming.

The trick they do have compared to farang women is the inscrutable come hither smile.

Beats working for a living - good luck to them

Heh, funny, all the Scottish women I were involved with didn't care a "jot" about where I was from, or what I did for a living, they just liked me because I'm big and Black, and not to hard to look at. Are all Scottish women like that?

Don't let the Green eyed monster out, its really not a good look.

I think they generally prefer the, soft, androgynous, boarder line gay, paper white, jappenese or korean, "My name is Rain...." type looking boys. I mean really, check out the TV and print adds, not a Vin Diesel or even a Denzel amongst them. I don't think they prefer traditional masculinity in their men.

Oh, dear - back to the drawing board :o

I'm quite often surprised at the amount of thai men on tv with girly haircuts,sometimes make up & lipstick. :o Is that what the girls go for now??

Don't be surprised

Farang girls used to love that look in the late 80's and early 90's, it was called the glam rock look.

ie:Bon Jovi,Poison,Guns & Roses, etc.....

PS: Have you ever hear of Marilyn Manson?

Well, as in just about every where media is controlled by advertising.

Everyone has to look just so, and we have the product that can make you so.

I am happily without a Tv, apart from the present company.

But I do remember there were a host of beauty products marketed at men.

It becomes a self reinforcing cycle, what we find attractive is fairly cultural; witness the rise and fall of glam rock.

I also saw some thai movies from the 70's and the ideals certainly seemed different.

As social animals we seek assurance and guidance. The social cuestick will suck you dry.

I'm wonerding if muscular men aren't seen as attractive in Thailand because pretty much every 70 year old farmer seems to have a six pack and rippling arms- i.e. maybe it's a sign of labor and poverty rather than wealth? There also seems to be a lot of very attractive women with overweight, often nerdy looking men here (talking about average people choosing mates at freewill here, not trophy wives). Obviously the man's money plays a big role, but excluding that for a sec- I'm wondering if anyone's clear on what the general threshold is- maybe the 'swimmer's build' (muscular and sturdy looking but not toned) is their ideal or if pretty much any flab is ok? Hard to know since most ads don't show shirtless men. My gf says she likes overweight, but maybe she's just trying to stop me from worrying...

You're worrying too much about this, chill out.

In Asia being slim and healthy is more important than the macho-muscle wielding machines back home :o