Driving License / Passport Renewal

pontious

Have just renewed my 5 year driving license at Pattaya. 15 minutes for everything !!

My passport expires next year so I asked if I have to replace my license when I get a new passport number?

The officer said no - no problem.

When I said the number on the passport and driving license would not be the same they replied ''change it then - up to you''

Anyone know the correct answer or what you did on passport renewal?

P

Have just renewed my 5 year driving license at Pattaya. 15 minutes for everything !!

My passport expires next year so I asked if I have to replace my license when I get a new passport number?

The officer said no - no problem.

When I said the number on the passport and driving license would not be the same they replied ''change it then - up to you''

Anyone know the correct answer or what you did on passport renewal?

P

I thought about this one long and hard when I changed my passport about 3 years ago and eventually decided against changing the licence, mainly due to idleness and an aversion to the queues down at the Highway 36 office. Then again, my licences also have my previous address on them, (my fault) my wrong date of birth and a misspelling of my name (both their fault), I have only been asked to show them once each (car/motorbike) and no problem. I'm hoping to get the right details recorded next May when the 5 years runs out!

This doesn't really answer your question but for general use it doesn't really seem to matter, however, I suspect the real answer is yes you should change it and in the event of an accident you could possibly have difficulties.