Ex-pm Samak Has Liver Cancer

george

Ex-PM Samak confirms he has liver cancer

BANGKOK: -- Ex-prime minister Samak Sundaravej said he has received medical treatment and operation for liver cancer and will be discharged from hospital next week.

Rumour has been spread for weeks that Samak was admitted to Bumrungrat Hospital for liver cancer shortly after he was disqualified for the premiership by Constitution Court for violating the constitution.

Samak talked to Krissana Chairat, a newscaster of Nation Channel recently from his bed in the hospital for the first since he was admitted.

Krissana said he initially planned just to sign well-wishing book and left. But he was allowed to visit the former prime minister who just woke up.

Krissana quoted Samak as saying that his condition was not serious as speculated.

"I have at cancer at transverse fissure of liver as the rumours said. I have stomach pain from time to time and doctors could not find out why. After I was out of the premiership, I have thorough examination and found the cancer," Samak said.

So he was admitted to the hospital on October 2 and had an operation by using x-ray. "The operation went well and now I have physical therapy everyday. My doctors said

I can be discharged from the hospital on October 25.

"I want to go home. It is very boring to be in hospital. I asked doctors everyday to allow me to go home. But the doctors wanted me to stay at the hospital for observation," he said.

Samak said he followed up what has happened everyday by listening to radio. He still complained that his disqualification was not fair.

-- The Nation 2008-10-18

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always people get very sick a short time before they should go in jail.

Might be that it is true in this case, but just too many cases 1 month before jail, while seldom people get sick while they are minister or premier.

Classy or asssy He is right

He is right in some cases, therefore right in all cases? So we have a seer on our hands then?

I believe Samak said the operation went well and he is due for discharge soon. No need to be complete miserable b*stards all the time is there?

Well, he might have chosen an ailment with a better survival rate - Worldwide the 5 year survival rate is 7%. He's rich and they may have caught it early through regular health screening, which may help his survival (if it is indeed genuine).

He is right in some cases, therefore right in all cases? So we have a seer on our hands then?

I believe Samak said the operation went well and he is due for discharge soon. No need to be complete miserable b*stards all the time is there?

So he is sick enough to stay out of jail, but healthy enough to stay out of hospital?

I have my doubts if that is really true......Maybe a second Doctor can check that? One from USA, Switzerland or Germany?

My contributions are possibly better served on this thread via reference to another ongoing one relating to Samak.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Samak-Lines-t211586.html

Whatever he deserves is in the hands of a greater force than me.

No further comment other than to remind everyone of his non sympathetic caring and complete lack of empathy towards the lesser priviledged citizens of Thailand who suffered greatly because of his lack of ???????

Especially those who have lost loved ones ect. ect. because of it.

Being in his present state does not qualify him to be seen in a different light than what he has portrayed himself to be, over several decades.

Assuming it is kosher that is :o

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Well either it is a pre-incarceration scam.

Even Bumrungrad docs are not above a nice nest egg.

Or the last 8 months of job related stress

started something ready to go anyway,

in which case; his ego killed him early....

But I was PM, I was PM!!!

Gonna be a nice little mantra

as you push the morphine button that last few times...

All to simply the big ole wheel of KARMA

is trying to rebalance itself

as it rolls by his house.

His Karma was in major need of

a change...

Edited by animatic

a change...

And with the hatred and lack of basic human compassion displayed in this thread so far- maybe a whole lot of karmas are in need of an overhaul.

a change...

And with the hatred and lack of basic human compassion displayed in this thread so far- maybe a whole lot of karmas are in need of an overhaul.

Such as the compassion he has shown others over the years...?

He is noted for not giving a hoot for anyone 'not on his team' as that was an ANY time.

If he ~TRULY is ill, then I feel sorry for him.

He was looking very bad the last few times in public.

But that was as likely from stress he brought on himself. Sad to say.

But not as sorry as I am for the people he encouraged

or directed into actions leading to their deaths or others deaths,

and not as sorry as I am for those left behind by those actions.

He talked to the press today, and never said anything about Oct 7th,

which is something he TRIED to do himself, but the army stiffed him.

Because they foresaw how HE would do it.

You think he never saw any news papers, no one TOLD him anything.

He was silent. This man would like compassion for himself,

but is not noted for give it himself.Now or in the past.

I feel sorry for him in more ways than one.

Edited by animatic

I'd say the latter rather than the former, with triple s. Amazing how some people can be selective with vitriol, given that whoever run this joint is just as corrupt and inept. Could be that difference is how the perceive the threat to their slice of paradise?

I don't know whether this is a hepatocellular carcinoma (i.e. specific to the cancer) or a metastatic carcinoma (i.e. originates from another organ), but one thing I know is that survival rate is very low and it's a very painful illness. This is something one doesn't wish on anyone. If he is ever sent to jail, he will most likely be dead by the time his entry date arrives. If the people on this thread celebrating Samak's illness truly believed in justice, then they would hope for a recovery so he could go to jail. However, I think what I see here is just cruel pettiness.

One does not "fake" the cancer. It is one of the more common of cancers in asia, so it's not a great surprise as to the type. The abdominal pain and symptoms were there before he was diagnosed. If anything the delay suggests Samak is like a great many ex pats in Thailand where they ignore symptoms or are willing to tough it out. Hopefully, some people will take notice and attend to their own symptoms before it is too late.

I don't know whether this is a hepatocellular carcinoma (i.e. specific to the cancer) or a metastatic carcinoma (i.e. originates from another organ), but one thing I know is that survival rate is very low and it's a very painful illness. This is something one doesn't wish on anyone. If he is ever sent to jail, he will most likely be dead by the time his entry date arrives. If the people on this thread celebrating Samak's illness truly believed in justice, then they would hope for a recovery so he could go to jail. However, I think what I see here is just cruel pettiness.

One does not "fake" the cancer. It is one of the more common of cancers in asia, so it's not a great surprise as to the type. The abdominal pain and symptoms were there before he was diagnosed. If anything the delay suggests Samak is like a great many ex pats in Thailand where they ignore symptoms or are willing to tough it out. Hopefully, some people will take notice and attend to their own symptoms before it is too late.

I recall: Rich people never go in jail in Thailand. And I think this is one of the rich one.

If he really has cancer, than I am very sorry for him, even he might be a mass murder, but I don't wish it to anyone.

But all, Pinochet gets sick, Concentration Camp leader get sick, all just a few days before something happens, and some recover just after a few hours....

Sadly, his history is filled with incidents where he caused people to suffer terribly.

He threw more daggers, and more widely, than I ever could or would.

That was my ONLY point in the talk of karma. He is Buddhist isn't he? It applies.

As noted by another he likely DID ignore the early signs, while hanging on

to his last hurrah as PM. Stress is a BIG factor in making cancers metastasize.

I would highly regret having clung to position only to then find that was what did me in.

Noting that fact isn't a dagger either. It isn't wishing this on him.

ALL cancer is a horrible way to go.

Both my parents and most of their siblings all went from cancer.

I have a close family member who just announced he has it now also.

So I have a pretty darned good idea what this means.

And where it comes from and how to make it worse in early and late stages too.

I will also likely go this way.... But I don't control Karma.

So really, you can take your condecending attitude and shove it.

Edited by animatic

I recall: Rich people never go in jail in Thailand. And I think this is one of the rich one.

If he really has cancer, than I am very sorry for him, even he might be a mass murder, but I don't wish it to anyone.

But all, Pinochet gets sick, Concentration Camp leader get sick, all just a few days before something happens, and some recover just after a few hours....

You're rambling... again.

If you've ever had the misfortune to be close to someone who's cancer-stricken you'd know you'd never wish it upon your biggest enemy.

Take off your PAD-tainted glasses for just a moment and try to show some compassion.

Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery. I never did care for him, but I don't wish anything bad on him, especially something like liver cancer.

No doubt this is from consumption of too many Toksins.

So he is sick enough to stay out of jail, but healthy enough to stay out of hospital?

I have my doubts if that is really true......Maybe a second Doctor can check that? One from USA, Switzerland or Germany?

Has there been any independent statements made from his FIRST doctor? Has there been ANY corroboration or verification of Samak's "medical statements"???

Given his long-standing and well-known propensity for telling bald-face lies, eg. "only one died at Thammasat"....

nothing he says should ever be taken at face value.

It may seem cruel to question the validity of his self-diagnosis... but that's the cost of someone whose entire reputation has been spoiled by his own deceit for years and years....

This man can't be trusted any further than one can throw him... and given his significant girth, that's not very far.

Edited by sriracha john

a change...

you flake the man and his taksinisity has ruined millions of lives...........burn baby burn :o

How anyone can compare the premature suffering and deaths of innocents with what this evil individual represents and offer it in the same context relating to the Karma we allegedly will inherit, is beyond my comprehension.

Samak if it is true, is suffering from a naturally accepted part of our lives, especially when reaching old age, especially when sadly, it is usuall caused by self inflicted over indulgence in certain habits.

Yes, i to have witnessed several cases of liver cancer and yes it is a horrible way to die, but Karma is in this case appropriate as i consider the balances between his infamous past and his present illness.

If he has / had been suffering fo some time he would not have stayed the course, indeed he would not have been in a position to do so, again going on the long term suffering this awful disease brings on.

I for one do not accept that he deserves a feeling that he for so many years was incapable of showing, indeed once again he displayed contempt, along with an unbelievable and inhuman pleasure of indifference to it all.

It is as i said in my previous post, in the hands of a higher authority, as indeed it is for all of us.

In my case i stay in my usual mindset regarding what goes around comes around, with those who did not afford the same compassion to others.

If this makes me as bad, thinking they deserve what,s coming to them, then i look forward to meeting my maker and being judged accordingly.

Go on Thaksin, make my day, god willing, that is, especially for the EKJ,s and the Southern inhumanities you oversaw while in priviledged office as the premier of the beloved Thai people and the country.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Hi All.

So maybe this man has cancer, he is in his 70's and millions of people in this world die of cancer but it is probably linked to his 2 year prison sentence, the scenario will probably be, He wins his appeal and soon after is seen to make a miraculous recovery. TIT.

phupaman.

hey. give the guy a beak would you

Across the world, 7% of people diagnosed with liver cancer will be alive 5 years later.

Does that mortality death rate also apply to people who "say" they have liver cancer... or is it only for those whose doctors actually say the patient has liver cancer?

Edited by sriracha john

The reporter later confirmed Mr Samak's illness to local media,

but quoted him as saying his condition was "not as serious as suspected"

Seems like he has already allowed for being in that 7%...

It is not without sympathy for ANYONE that has liver cancer,

that receiving this announcement of potential terminal illness

is tempered with cynicism when considering the long term veracity

of the only source, and that sources near term future prospects.