Retirement Visa Extension - Financial Requirements

Initially I used the 65K baht/month minimum requirement but over recent years have reverted to the 3 month seasoned 800K baht as the basis for an extension to my retirement visa.

I have heard some talk that now you cannot chop and change the method of your financial qualification each year? Is this correct?

With the 30+% depreciation of the A$ recently, I am loath to transfer a lump sum re my retirement visa extension, hence my seeking clarification that I can (or cannot) revert back to the 65K/month method for my next application. Will appreciate some clarification as I have heard nothing re this posible change.

What you heard is wrong. When the time comes for your next application for retirement extension you can without a problem change back to the basis of income or a comination of income and money in the bank.

--

Maestro

What you heard is wrong. When the time comes for your next application for retirement extension you can without a problem change back to the basis of income or a comination of income and money in the bank.

--

Maestro

Thanks for the clarification Maestro. I sure did not want the significant loss associated with a lump sum using the current exchange rates.