It Was Gold ..... Now It Isn't

G54

Sorting through some things before my trip back to the UK next week, I found the gold ring the last long term g/f threw at me when we broke up. It had been laid in a drawer since then. I decided I might as well weigh it in and get some small amount of cash back.

:o No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Makes me wonder how long she had been wearing this fake gold ring as I did not bother to look too closely.

Have you checked on your g/f / wifes gold lately???? :D

Sorting through some things before my trip back to the UK next week, I found the gold ring the last long term g/f threw at me when we broke up. It had been laid in a drawer since then. I decided I might as well weigh it in and get some small amount of cash back.

:o No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Makes me wonder how long she had been wearing this fake gold ring as I did not bother to look too closely.

She sold it right after you went back to the UK the last time.

It’s not an unusual story and one ive heard a few times in my 12 years of living here.

A mate of mine over a period of time bought a few items of gold for his tilac.

One day whilst doing some dusting he needed to remove his tilac’s gold off the dresser only to find it had no weight, on closer inspection he found it to be little more than gold coloured plastic.

And the plonker forgave her after hearing her “family have problem” sob story.

My advice to anyone is to make yourself aware of as many scams as possible before entering a relationship with a Thai female or like this unfortunate guy you will be cheated.

If you buy gold for your tilac, check it out at least once a month.

:D No chance of that. The little minx had taken her ring off her finger and thrown it at me but it was not the ring I had bought her. Not even gold plated!!! Must have cost her 50 Baht at the local market. Makes a change from a lady 'losing her mobile phone' :D

Similair story...Thai gf gives engagement ring back in original box along with envelope containing 300THB. Sends me SMS message later saying "gold" ring was bought at market for 50THB and 300THB is to pay for my bar fine for a <deleted> dog in the street! Ouch! :o All I could think of was the quote, "Revenge is best served cold!"

I have a story for the boys,

I am a jeweller and a mate of the guy I was working for at the time was splitting up with his wife, a very nasty divorce, he bought in her engagement ring and had us swap the diamond for a cubic zirconia, I would have loved to have seen the look on her face 6 months later when she was standing in a pawn shop trying to sell it.

what i am going to say may not apply to the OP but is just some general knowledge which i think all should know .

--

you are 50 she is 23 , what do you think she love you for your look or cos you are a romantic guy .

alot of people choose to lie to oneself about love ... and had alway look at it the wrong place ..

- i am not saying you can't find love at a bar or club or some joint flooded with gold digger.

look at it this way .. if you want to give thing away why cry over spill milk ..

-

gold or not gold . you give it away . only made you look bad .

i had heard far more story . if you truely love someone then you should not be on this thread even if she leave you .. an dif you are just looking for a cheaper sex option then a daily rate switching to monthly or yearly rate you should not complain ..

- and if it true love . one small gold ring . is worth the gamble

i jolly well throw alway 10 to seek true love ..

i am a very lucky person when it come to love .

so i wish the same for everyone out there .

.. be brave but don't lie to yourself when it come to love .

the chances of a young girl half your ages loving you in thailand is 5% and the chances a girl half your ages running away with your money is 70% the rest is just odd couple fighting it out now .

I am a jeweller and a mate of the guy I was working for at the time was splitting up with his wife, a very nasty divorce, he bought in her engagement ring and had us swap the diamond for a cubic zirconia, I would have loved to have seen the look on her face 6 months later when she was standing in a pawn shop trying to sell it.

Classic...... :o:D:D

what i am going to say may not apply to the OP but is just some general knowledge which i think all should know .

--

you are 50 she is 23 , what do you think she love you for your look or cos you are a romantic guy .

alot of people choose to lie to oneself about love ... and had alway look at it the wrong place ..

- i am not saying you can't find love at a bar or club or some joint flooded with gold digger.

look at it this way .. if you want to give thing away why cry over spill milk ..

-

gold or not gold . you give it away . only made you look bad .

i had heard far more story . if you truely love someone then you should not be on this thread even if she leave you .. an dif you are just looking for a cheaper sex option then a daily rate switching to monthly or yearly rate you should not complain ..

- and if it true love . one small gold ring . is worth the gamble

i jolly well throw alway 10 to seek true love ..

i am a very lucky person when it come to love .

so i wish the same for everyone out there .

.. be brave but don't lie to yourself when it come to love .

the chances of a young girl half your ages loving you in thailand is 5% and the chances a girl half your ages running away with your money is 70% the rest is just odd couple fighting it out now .

You work for the Bank of Thailand don't you?

DR FACT IS KNOCKING AT THE DOOR!

It was not the right thing to do so it was done on the quiet.

But yes we all had a large chuckle over it.

It’s not an unusual story and one ive heard a few times in my 12 years of living here.

A mate of mine over a period of time bought a few items of gold for his tilac.

One day whilst doing some dusting he needed to remove his tilac’s gold off the dresser only to find it had no weight, on closer inspection he found it to be little more than gold coloured plastic.

And the plonker forgave her after hearing her “family have problem” sob story.

My advice to anyone is to make yourself aware of as many scams as possible before entering a relationship with a Thai female or like this unfortunate guy you will be cheated.

Glad to see I'm not the only one yakking on about this. I have bought gold for a few of my darlings & for most of them it counted for zero in sentimental value. It is one of the first items they ask for. These women don't do themselves any favors with this and numerous other scheeming antics.

Have to admit I admire her in retrospect. She knew the relationship was rocky. Still a bit of a shock at the time.

And for those who keep insisting this is bar girl tricks :-

She has never, ever worked in a bar.

I guess she will have got about 3,500 Baht for the ring itself. Not so much the money as the way she did it and fooled me. She must have had a good laugh on the sly at that one.

Glad some of you got a laugh from it too :o:D

I fail to see why. :D

If I give something to someone it is theirs. No matter how our relationship turns out over time.

So that person is free to sell it if they want.

However, having sold something like a given gold ring might not be too good for our relationship. :o

Edited by Radius

laughing apart , is alway sad to see people break up deal to lack of understanding , or just simple blinded by love of the moment .

and i got to say that thai girl have a way of being really nice . compare to girls from other country .

-

the dump and ditch story of thailand if written into book can form a libary itself .

just some serious advice for everyone ..

-

if you out for fun .. don't talk about love .

i am not saying there is no such thing as love at first sight ,

i know cos i ask my wife to marry me just 6 days after i know her .

and we are now happily married and we just pass our 1 years mark knowing each other some 11 days ago .

The very fact of loving someone grow up from a totally diffrent culture is already one that is not easy .

the ability to comminucate and understand each other needs is no smame task .

so don't expect everything to solve itself by kissing and hugging .

try to love her for who she is .

if it don't work out . and if you are not married . MOVE ON >

life is but an adventure don't weight one moment in life too hevay that is stop you from moving on to discover more adventure .

after all when the time come , everyone leave without anything , but memory in others .

my best wishes to all who is looking for love in thailand .

if you need serious advice , i can help you , contact me for standard RATE .

whhahahahhahahahahaa

i;m serious

If I give something to someone it is theirs. No matter how our relationship turns out over time.

So that person is free to sell it if they want.

Agree that when you give someone anything, you should not check if it's still with them.

Anyway, she should have thrown away the fake ring instead of throwing it to the OP.

Well there's a guy worth admiring :o

Have to admit I admire her in retrospect. She knew the relationship was rocky. Still a bit of a shock at the time.

Glad some of you got a laugh from it too :D:D

:o

I'd be willing to bet my fake Rolex that there are places BGs can go to get cheap copies of jewellery made in exchange for the real thing + cash-back :o

If not, I think I have found my future business... :D

Yeah, I've heard of these places. They're called jewelers.

:D

Methinks you have been hanging around in the wrong places, zorro.

Some of us are hansum & sexy enough to pull proper birds :D

It was not the right thing to do so it was done on the quiet.

But yes we all had a large chuckle over it.

Farang cheats a Thai girl and it's classic, priceless and worth a chuckle, it's let's all pat ourselves on the backs time, hip hip hooray !

Thai girl cheats a Farang they are devious lying vermin worthy only of Farang scorn.

Pitiful.

I have bought gold for a few of my darlings & for most of them it counted for zero in sentimental value.

That's because you meant nothing to them, so why would any of your offerings hold any sentimental value ?

Some of you guys who have continuous relationship problems in Thailand ain't got a bleedin' clue. :o

i consider your question an insult. you selected a bitch. but that does not necessarily mean everybody else was as stupid as you.

I guess she will have got about 3,500 Baht for the ring itself. Not so much the money as the way she did it and fooled me. She must have had a good laugh on the sly at that one.

Glad some of you got a laugh from it too :o:D

How do you know that you purchased a gold ring in the first place, maybe the seller saw you coming and passed you some copy gold.

She eventually realises that relationship is on the rocks, goes to a goldshop to try to sell it, is told it's worthless, goes back to see you, throws it at you for insulting her with copy gold, and moves on to better things.

Logs into a Thai forum and slags you off for cheating her with copy gold.

The other Thais agree that you're a bad person , and they warns other Thais to inspect their gold at least once a month to make sure the devious Farang hasn't switched it to fake gold. :D

As far as I'm concerened, in the deviousness olympics, the Thais are trailing well behind Farangs in the medal table.

Edited by Maigo6

Methinks you have been hanging around in the wrong places, zorro.

Some of us are hansum & sexy enough to pull proper birds :D

Since when does a proper bird pawn her ring ? and then buys a sucker ring :D

Farang cheats a Thai girl and it's classic, priceless and worth a chuckle, it's let's all pat ourselves on the backs time, hip hip hooray !

Thai girl cheats a Farang they are devious lying vermin worthy only of Farang scorn.

Pitiful.

i consider your question an insult. you selected a bitch. but that does not necessarily mean everybody else was as stupid as you.

Lighten up guys! The OP was laughing at the whole thing. Look at his emoticons. This is not a serious get-upset post but one to give us all a chuckle. And other posters are laughing at both the Thai woman with the gold and the man with the diamond (in fact, with the diamond, we don't even know if either the man or his wife was farang, Thai, or whatever.) So I am not sure how you can take this as an insult, and I certainly don't know how you can construe this as an anti-Thai/pro-farang post or the responses "pitiful.".