Marriage Affirmation Letter

Digitalbanana

The http://www.thaivisa.com/305.0.html page states : Names and addresses (references) of two persons you know in your home country, who are not your

family are required on this letter?

Unfortunately I didn't read this earlier and went through whole process inc UK embassy stamp and Chaeng Wattana stamps only to be rejected at BangRak registry becuase I only had one reference, not two. The importance of this wasn't mentioned at the UK embassy using their downloadable letter template and it wasn't mentioned when they took my 3250B fee. They have said I could get it redone maybe for free when I return to Thailand.

At Bang Rak they never mentioned it couldn't be family I could use as references, so I was thinking of adding my brother, I only read it on Thai Visa web site. My question now is since I don't know anyone else in my home country (I haven't been or worked there for 25 yrs) what are my options?

I done mine at the British Embassy in Bangkok about 5 weeks ago, put my friends name in the UK and my sisters name as references. I then took it to chaeng Wattana after it had been translated. Got married at Dusit the same day.

I never had any problems with the names that i gave for references.

Generally such references are not checked in any way, I used one within Thailand and one overseas - both people were choosen as honorary positions and were most thrilled when I informed them that they had had a small 'offical' part in the wedding.

Thanks guys, I plan to use one friend in Australia and one in the USA instead next time. Hopefully I can do it for free at the UK embassy but I am sure the Chaeng Wattana will want another 800B.

They don't check. Don't believe write down the following as witnesses...

Mr. D.I. Vorce

and

Mrs. R. U. Monogamous

Things have chenged in the last ten years, then.

I had to produce the original of my divorce papers, plus birth certificate - but no other references.

Are you still registered with a doctor in the UK? Most people do not cancel their NHS registration and this is still traceable through your Social Security number - so the doctor would still have a file on you.