Work Permit With Non-o Visa

Today I was informed by a lawyer that I have to change my non-O visa with one year extension for my workpermit to a non B visa.

Now I was pretty sure that I could keep my non-o visa , and I don't like to have to do the 3 month border runs again.

I was told that Phuket Labor department only issues workpermits to non-B visa holders.

Is this true?

Edited by Khun Jack

Today I was informed by a lawyer that I have to change my non-O visa with one year extension for my workpermit to a non B visa.

Now I was pretty sure that I could keep my non-o visa , and I don't like to have to do the 3 month border runs again.

I was told that Phuket Labor department only issues workpermits to non-B visa holders.

Is this true?

Not that I know of.

Plenty of people get work permits with a Non O Visa.

What the the basis for your non-o? Marriage no problem. Otherwise maybe a problem.

Just had a post from a member that had a problem getting his work permit because immigration had not written in his passport that his extension was for marriage. So all he had to do was go to immigration and get it fixed.

Edited by ubonjoe

What the the basis for your non-o? Marriage no problem. Otherwise maybe a problem.

Just had a post from a member that had a problem getting his work permit because immigration had not written in his passport that his extension was for marriage. So all he had to do was go to immigration and get it fixed.

My non-o was on basis of marriage some years ago and my one year extensions are on basis being a father of a Thai national.

The lawyer states that Phuket Labor department only issues work permits to non-b visa holders. Have some Thai friends making inquiries about this, but I told my employer from the start that this issue would pop up. Phuket is with the immigration office also different in interpreting laws (for obvious reasons of course).

The lawyer states that Phuket Labor department only issues work permits to non-b visa holders. Have some Thai friends making inquiries about this, but I told my employer from the start that this issue would pop up. Phuket is with the immigration office also different in interpreting laws (for obvious reasons of course).

Here in Pattaya i know several foreigners who have a NonO, based on marriage and got a WP.

The important word is Phuket. I don't know about how things are handled in Phuket, but as a long term reader of this board, it is very evident that in Phuket, authorities do a lot of things much differently than the authorities in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, and even Lopbury. I don't live anywhere near Phuket and - as opposed to some regular posters, that must have a go at everything - I know I don't know a damned thing about practices at the various offices in Phuket. - (Ask me about the practice at the labour office in Chiang Mai regarding Wp's to non-O visa holders - I'm a self pronounced expert).

Sorry Khun Jack, I know I were as exactly of as little help as the rest of the replying bunch.