Weird Happenings In Bkk

girlx

i was sitting on my bed surfing the web, and suddenly i heard from outside my window a guy screaming for help in thai ("chuey duey").... it totally freaked me out, so i went to my balcony and looked down, and there is this young boy, who is still screaming at the top of his lungs, being wrestled to the ground by 3 older men who looked like taxi drivers or shopowners or the like. they didn't seem to be hurting him, but they tied his wrists together and started trying to drag him down the street while the kid was still sobbing and screaming for help. lots of people stopped to look but no one did anything, no police came or anything. it was really disturbing! i probably would have called the police myself but i can't remember the number, and i can't speak enough thai to explain what was going on! what would you do? my thoughts were that he was either on yaba and totally delusional, or that he had done something wrong and these guys had caught him for it, but he seemed so scared! i can't believe no one would step in but i suppose they were worried for their safety...

anyway, the things you see when you live on a busy city street- reminds me of the good old days back in san francisco (crazy stories from that time).

mmushr00m did you see it from your place?

I think he had done smth wrong but didnt want to admit.

My friend's friend was stabbed on the way to the dorm after midnight around the market near here.

I was wondering if he was drunk and had a fight or there was someone tryna kill him

oh well .... bangkok todays

In answer to your question what would I have done if I had been sitting at my balcony looking down, and there was this young boy screaming for help at the top of his lungs, being wrestled to the ground by 3 older men who looked like taxi drivers or shopowners or the like. but didn't seem to be being hurt, and then having his wrists tied together and being dragged down the street while still sobbing and screaming for help, I would have immediately reported it on ThaiVisa.

anyway, the things you see when you live on a busy city street- reminds me of the good old days back in san francisco (crazy stories from that time).

Frisco? You're from NYC right? The craziest shit I've ever seen has been in NYC (Atlanta comes a very close second). Anyway, might be worth making some low-key enquiries amongst your neighbours, assuming you're on speaking terms with any of them... If not, don't see there's that much you can do...

i have lived all over but the two major cities were SF and NY... SF was much crazier than NY! but this was like 8 years ago and i lived at 6th and market, where about a zillion crackhead prostitutes, pimps, and weirdos also lived. i saw people overdose and have seizures, people selling their kids(!), a guy get beat nearly to death with a baseball bat, a guy pull up on the curb and fall out of his car dead, a guy who got evicted so he put on ninja gear and went around attacking everyone, a homeless guy eating a napkin with ketchup on it ( :o ), a guy who died on the floor beneath me and the body wasn't discovered til about 2 weeks later when it had swelled and exploded and smelled putrid, etc. etc. etc. fun times.

Sounds pretty similar to my experience of living in Atlanta. I lived near the midtown 'trap' (the 4th ward around Boulevard/Ponce de Leon if anyone knows Atlanta). Lol, yeah 99% of the craziness in that area was directly crack/pimp/prostitute related. Makes me laugh when people talk about Bangkok being crazy. It's nursery stuff here in comparison (at least as far as inner-city drama goes). A kid I knew from the block was 15 when I met him, still in school, very bright, could have had a good future, ended up on a 3rd strike (for something trivial like driving without a licence) after being pinched twice in the same week for firearms possession (first time a Tech-9, second time an AK-47). He was 17 by this point. It was certainly eventful and I know exactly what you mean by 'fun,' but the stress levels in that kind of environment eventually make you feel like you're going completely mental...

On Sukhumvit road between soi 3 and 5, saw a small plain van pull up and 3 non-uniformed men tried to aggressively and hurriedly drag an elderly male beggar into it. A middle-aged lady came out of nowhere and persuaded the men to let the elderly beggar go who walked off cursing the men. The van drove off.

girlx, if you can't speak the language there's not really much you can do to find out what's going on. I'd grab your mobile and video it just in case the kid was innocent, then show the video to the local police. Even if they ignore it at least you tried. I did this on a couple of occasions in Soho when I lived there and saw seemingly innocent people getting beaten up by East European mafia types or dealers. Police showed appreciation there but here it will depend on the particular bobby you show it to.

i have lived all over but the two major cities were SF and NY... SF was much crazier than NY! but this was like 8 years ago and i lived at 6th and market, where about a zillion crackhead prostitutes, pimps, and weirdos also lived. i saw people overdose and have seizures, people selling their kids(!), a guy get beat nearly to death with a baseball bat, a guy pull up on the curb and fall out of his car dead, a guy who got evicted so he put on ninja gear and went around attacking everyone, a homeless guy eating a napkin with ketchup on it ( :o ), a guy who died on the floor beneath me and the body wasn't discovered til about 2 weeks later when it had swelled and exploded and smelled putrid, etc. etc. etc. fun times.

I lived in SF like 40 some years ago, and I saw things that defy belief. However, a zillion sounds like a bit of a stretch.

p.s. just last week i saw a horrible bloody, possibly fatal accident out the same window, which made me decide never to take a moto taxi again. :o

me too, right before I left Bangkok I took a moto taxi on a big street and he has one hand on the handle and one hand on his cell phone.

I saw a female street dog trying to hump the male street dog. I swear there's something in the water.

were you sober when you saw this ?

i was sitting on my bed surfing the web, and suddenly i heard from outside my window a guy screaming for help in thai ("chuey duey").... it totally freaked me out, so i went to my balcony and looked down, and there is this young boy, who is still screaming at the top of his lungs, being wrestled to the ground by 3 older men who looked like taxi drivers or shopowners or the like. they didn't seem to be hurting him, but they tied his wrists together and started trying to drag him down the street while the kid was still sobbing and screaming for help. lots of people stopped to look but no one did anything, no police came or anything. it was really disturbing! i probably would have called the police myself but i can't remember the number, and i can't speak enough thai to explain what was going on! what would you do? my thoughts were that he was either on yaba and totally delusional, or that he had done something wrong and these guys had caught him for it, but he seemed so scared! i can't believe no one would step in but i suppose they were worried for their safety...

mmushr00m did you see it from your place?

Always a judgement call, I have stepped in to one or two situations like this in my own country, but generally over here I don't think I ould although it is easy to say that until you see what is going on. I can't see that a westerner wading in would improve the situation, it is possible the kid was stealing and being taken to the police.

Nope didnt see anything. But I am on a small sub soi and nothing much happens there. I get the occasional elephant wandering by now and then but thats about it.

The most disturbing incident that I have seen in that area Soi Wattana Wong was this guy having an argument with a lady on the street (middle age, couldve been husband/wife). Screaming at each other on the street then the guy just punched her right in the head. She dropped right on the road, out cold. Blocking traffic and ppl were just looking.

I was in a store and was going to go out to help. I mean she was unconscious in the middle of the road and no one did anything but the store keeper grabbed hold of me and said no no. he said "man woman figthing you no go, no go, he fighting you" Told that to the wife later and she said, ....thats the way its seen here, what happens between a married couple is their business no matter how public it is. You do not interfere, even the police does not interefere.....

Oh, another occasion when I was eating at the "old lady". Saw a guy running down the street, then saw an elephant running after him, then a cop on a bike chasing after them......weird.

I have strange experience to share.

2x now I have gotten off the BTS at Saladaeng station to go to Tops. Both times, for some unknown reason to me, my Blackberry goes into reboot mode when I am near this area???? :o First time my battery was low so I thought maybe this caused it.

But tt did it again yesterday and my battery was full. Soon as I left the area my phone returned to normal. This has never happened anywhere else.

I have strange experience to share.

2x now I have gotten off the BTS at Saladaeng station to go to Tops. Both times, for some unknown reason to me, my Blackberry goes into reboot mode when I am near this area????

It's the government man! *Plays X-Files music*

p.s. just last week i saw a horrible bloody, possibly fatal accident out the same window, which made me decide never to take a moto taxi again. :D

Or better still, never look out of that Window again, there's only bad things out of it...:o

Well, maybe they were collecting the boy to harvest organs or perhaps he escaped from his massage parlor and the pimps wanted him back since replacement boys are getting harder to lure. One could have a field day coming up with scenarios. Last time I saw such an event a kid was being carted off for a beating over gambling debts and I was told to bugger off lest I'd be made a eunuch.