30 Day Visa Exemption

Hi, I am new to this forum as it was recommended by a friend as an invaluable source of info, so I hope someone can help me with the following questions.

I have lived in Thailand for 3 years staying on multi entry non immigrant O visas, which I obtain from the UK. My latest visa expired in October. I have been in Malaysia for the last month, and am due to fly back next week, but it suddenly occurred to me that I may have a problem trying to enter the country on a one way ticket with no visa.

I have read that some people have been refused permission to board with no visa and no return ticket. I just wondered what experiences any of you may have had with this scenario. I am not sure what I am going to do when I get back - maybe a 30 day run in Dec, followed by a double entry tourist from Vientienne or such like, heading back to the UK for another non-o in June/ July when the weather is a bit better.

I am not really in the same situation as the average tourist entering without a visa and onward ticket, and wondered if they would look at the visas and stamps in my passport and realise that is the case. If not what are my options? The simplest seems to buy a return ticket, but I don't want to do that and find I needn't have bothered.

Thanks in advance, any pointers gratefully received.

You had better get a return or onward ticket. The airline can refuse boarding and immigration can refuse you entry.

It might be wise to consder getting a tourist visa before you leave Malaysia.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks, I thought that may be the case. I am thinking of travelling back up to Kuala Lumpur before I return - currently in Johor Bahru, but no consulate here.

Anyone with any experience of the KL embassy for tourist visas? Everyone who comes to Malaysia for a visa seems to go to Penang.

Thanks

Thanks, I thought that may be the case. I am thinking of travelling back up to Kuala Lumpur before I return - currently in Johor Bahru, but no consulate here.

Anyone with any experience of the KL embassy for tourist visas? Everyone who comes to Malaysia for a visa seems to go to Penang.

Thanks

I easily got one in KL a few years ago. A question I would have these days is if KL, Penang, and Vientiene Laos require that you show any kind of air ticket out of Thailand when applying for a tourist visa. When I got mine there, they didn't.