Weather Next Week

WindGuru is predicting 77mm of rain, 9 ft waves and 27 Knot winds next Tuesday. If they keep this prediction going, things should get very interesting.

You know, you have to take these predictions with a grain of salt. Last week they were wrong.This week so far spot on.

WindGuru is predicting 77mm of rain, 9 ft waves and 27 Knot winds next Tuesday. If they keep this prediction going, things should get very interesting.

You know, you have to take these predictions with a grain of salt. Last week they were wrong.This week so far spot on.

We shall see! Just a "heads up" and a chance for WindGuru to redeem itself as far as accuracy goes. Most of its forecasts have been a crock, of late. Although in this case I would prefer them to be wrong!

It is November and to be expected but I don't want to take the boat out of the water unless I really have to.

Surat Thani residents have been warned of possible flash floods and landslides in 149 high-risk areas, including national parks and tourist attractions. Provincial governor Pracha Terat said the warning was issued in tourist destinations such as Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Khao Sok national park.

source: bangkokpost

well the weather is not to good again today, and the rain yesterday did not stop!!.... what happen to the sun we had last weekend !

Its the rainy season. Its going to rain. Without it the island won't have any water for the dry season.

hi guys

living in europe (belgium) where winter starts, and I am longing for some sun and hot temperatures (summer is in july and august and it sucked). so seriously, i am travelling to krabi (railey, ko lanta) next week on wednesday. don't tell me that rain is likely !!!???

Ellen

hi guys

living in europe (belgium) where winter starts, and I am longing for some sun and hot temperatures (summer is in july and august and it sucked). so seriously, i am travelling to krabi (railey, ko lanta) next week on wednesday. don't tell me that rain is likely !!!???

Ellen

Krabi is on the other side of Thailand from Samui and as such, can have different weather. However, if there is a big storm, it will cover the entire southern Peninsula. So, only advice I can give you is to keep an eye on the weather maps. But, its not so bad, its not a cold rain :o

Krabi is on the other side of Thailand from Samui and as such, can have different weather. However, if there is a big storm, it will cover the entire southern Peninsula. So, only advice I can give you is to keep an eye on the weather maps. But, its not so bad, its not a cold rain :D

Uhm....accuweather.com on Samui is green (rain) for the next 15 days....

The first half of december is very good on the island because there are no turists but if it rains... :o

Wow, look at wind guru for Sunday evening

That's a lot of rain...!

Time to rent out kayaks? :o

The tide is very high now, too.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/list_warning.php

Warning

"Severe Weather in Thailand Gulf and the South"

No. 5 (418/2008) Time Issued : November 20, 2008

The strong northeast monsoon over the South and the Gulf of Thailand intensifies and a low pressure cell covers the lower South. These cause torrential rain and down pour in various areas over the lower south. People in risky areas of Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, Trang and Satun provinces should beware flooding condition during 1-2 days. Meanwhile, wind-wave strengthens in the Gulf until 22 November. All ships should proceed with caution and small boats should keep ashore.

Besides, the surge of intense high system over Thailand remains and causes a decrease in temperature by 2-3 °C in the upper portion together with mainly cool and windy.

Issued on 20 November 2008

On 5.30 p.m.

Weather Forecast Bureau, Meteorological Department

Ministry of Information and Communication Technology

It's changed though, when I posted the link they were predicting about a 54mm of rain in 3 hrs, plus another 50mm in the three hours before and after. Now that is a lot of rain...

That's a lot of rain...!

Warning

The strong northeast monsoon over the South and the Gulf of Thailand intensifies and a low pressure cell covers the lower South. These cause torrential rain and down pour in various areas over the lower south. People in risky areas of Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, Trang and Satun provinces should beware flooding condition during 1-2 days. Meanwhile, wind-wave strengthens in the Gulf until 22 November. All ships should proceed with caution and small boats should keep ashore.

Besides, the surge of intense high system over Thailand remains and causes a decrease in temperature by 2-3 °C in the upper portion together with mainly cool and windy.

On 5.30 p.m.

It's changed though, when I posted the link they were predicting about a 54mm of rain in 3 hrs, plus another 50mm in the three hours before and after. Now that is a lot of rain...

That's a lot of rain...!

Warning

On 5.30 p.m.

Until a few weeks ago I had great faith in the Wind Guru forecasts. However over the last couple of weeks they have been consistently inaccurate.

Still, I think that they may have a chance of getting it right this time as the info correlates with the Met Dept and Buoyweather info.

November, the month with the strongest rainfalls per year, is almost over. And this year, it was harmless.

Streets were flooded, but with pumps at the major problematic streets the Thessaban did a real good job, combared to the years before.

November, the month with the strongest rainfalls per year, is almost over. And this year, it was harmless.

Streets were flooded, but with pumps at the major problematic streets the Thessaban did a real good job, combared to the years before.

Agreed. Surprisingly good job. The maenam flood where bigger than previous years but it didnt take the more than a few days to get the big pump there and fix it. Same in bophut crossing. Samui seem to hve a community that works better than ever.

Hopefully it will have stopped when i get there next saturday :o any city fans watching the derby next sunday? :D

Hi Busy Bee,forecast for next week here, but anything can change.With your arrival ,you should be bringing sunny conditions :D

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397

But there is also a current warning issued this morning,check here: