What Is The Best Sim To Go With For Pay By The Minute In Thailand And Sms To The Usa

damian5000

I'm using 1-2-GO GSM right now, but just realized an SMS to the USA costs 10baht. Unacceptable. Any suggestions for a good company for cheaper international SMS rates and decent within Thailand phone call rates? Thanks!

ummm...nobody has a suggestion for a SIM card with decent international SMS rates?

The sim you are using is the cheapest for me to call the UK, Australia and Singapore.

When in Aus or the UK I always use my Vodafone sim, in Thailand use it to confuse GF that I have not yet arrived. 555 555 555

Can the network your sms is (calling) to charging you a premium since its not a partner?

I'm using 1-2-GO GSM right now, but just realized an SMS to the USA costs 10baht. Unacceptable. Any suggestions for a good company for cheaper international SMS rates and decent within Thailand phone call rates? Thanks!

ummm...nobody has a suggestion for a SIM card with decent international SMS rates?

The direct equivalent of a One-2-Go pay-as-you-go phone in the US is the AT&T "Go Phone". There are other pay-as-you-go phone services in the US, but they are all fairly similar. Both One-2-Go and the Go Phone have no contract; you just top up as needed. The DOMESTIC rate for an SMS with the AT&T Go phone is 20 cents a text message. In the US and Thailand text messages are much cheaper per text if you buy a long term contract, but by buying the long term contract you end up paying much more in the long run unless you send 20 or more texts a day like a teenage girl. Ten Baht at 34 Baht to the US Dollar is slightly over 29 cents. So you are paying a whopping 9 cents more for an international SMS with 1-2-GO than you do for a domestic SMS in the US. Unacceptable to you perhaps. But unless you are willing to buy a Thai phone with a long term contract I doubt if you will find a deal that is too much better.

Edited by Groongthep

DTAC is 5 baht a text to the UK, maybe the same to US??

Finally...someone with a brain. :o

HAPPY DTAC is the one that you need. the HAPPY SIMPLE SIM card is 49 baht in many branches of 7/11 and Family Mart. Calls around 5 baht to the USA using prefix 004 1. International SMS; 5 baht. http://www.happy.co.th/en/low/17_service_idd01.php

ok..thanks for the info... i'm assuming that works for international SMS also? ??

and will putting 009 in front of a local/thai number reduce rates at all???

and just so i'm getting this straight..to send an sms or make a call with the discounted 1-2 rate, an international call/sms would read something like this -

009-country code-area code-phone number... yes??

Thanks in advance

Edited by damian5000

ok..thanks for the info... i'm assuming that works for international SMS also? ??

and will putting 0091 in front of a local/thai number reduce rates at all???

TIA

You're asking me questions I can't answer. I would suggest calling them.

and will putting 009 in front of a local/thai number reduce rates at all???

and just so i'm getting this straight..to send an sms or make a call with the discounted 1-2 rate, an international call/sms would read something like this -

009-country code-area code-phone number... yes??

Thanks in advance

No.

No.

No.

Use, up the credit, throw the thing away and get the HAPPY SIM as instructed.

004 1 for calls to the USA

+1 for SMS

No prefix for Domestic calls

http://www.happy.co.th/en/index2.php

HAPPY SIM is designed for those who want to keep the same number. You can change the tariff in order to get cheaper Domestic calls by dialling *1003

Didn't I say that 12Call was crap? HAPPY DTAC is much more foreigner friendly.