Gunshot Near Rama Viii Bridge

sunsamourai

I live in Phra Nakorn District, near Rama VIII bridge.

Less than 10 min. ago, missus and I heard various gunshots and a couple of blasts coming from somewhere near the river. It could be coming from ASTV building.

It all ended after an automatic weapon gunfire (M16 ?)

(Couldnt post this in news section...)

Sorry to state the obvious but this situation is getting very dangerous. The generations of resentment between the Chinese-Thai hiso and the Lao-Thai farmers runs very deep and these groups have been wanting to go head to head for years. This only serves as the vehicle. I really think the point of no return has already been crossed. The trouble in the South... that's another battle for another time.

Sorry to state the obvious but this situation is getting very dangerous. The generations of resentment between the Chinese-Thai hiso and the Lao-Thai farmers runs very deep and these groups have been wanting to go head to head for years. This only serves as the vehicle. I really think the point of no return has already been crossed. The trouble in the South... that's another battle for another time.

Are not Thaksin and almost all of the PPP/TRT/PPD MPs SinoThai? (I think you are missing something HUGE here)

Wouldn't surprise me if it kicks off today as all red shirts are heading towards the protest.

???? Can you document this?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pro-governme...-S-t226053.html

I thought you meant "On The Move" ... not ... planning on a rally tmw (later)

Misunderstanding I guess, I ment if they are all going to the demonstration, chances are that there will be confrontations, police doesn't seem to be able to handle big crowds very well :o

from what i see this is a war tactic put in motion ,

is to take out the info command center .

there should had take it out long along . is flooded with lie everyday and people at the protets only listen to all their mocking .

you can see the true self of one when you are in face of danger .

good or bad .. you can see it like a paper

BANGKOK, Nov 30 (Reuters) - A grenade blast wounded 34 anti-government protesters in Bangkok, Thai television stations reported on Sunday, the latest escalation in the country's increasingly violent political crisis.

The blast occurred around midnight at Government House, where thousands of supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), who have occupied the prime minister's compound since August in a bid to unseat him, were attending a rally.

Channel 3 television showed footage of the wounded being rushed to hospital in pickup trucks.

"I had come down from the stage about 30 minutes before the grenade dropped into a crowded area," PAD leader Suriyasai Katasila told Channel 3.

He blamed pro-government supporters for the attack, which came hours after the PAD tightened its grip on Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport, attacking police checkpoints set up to stop more people from joining the blockade.

So , are the diehards still convinced there are not enough ongoing problems with violence in Thailand , on top of the airport closure and failure of the powers that be to do any thing about it , to make tourists change their minds about tourism ? Thailand is showing itself world wide as a lawless , third world country that is not about to be considered SAFE any time soon , with little to no concern about security . Look outside of the little box you have installed around your head , that you need to convince yourself you made the correct decision to settle here , and try ( I know that is difficult for you) to see it from a visitors point of view , you even have a huge problem seeing other expats points of view AND THEY LIVE HERE ALSO . Wait , time will tell , already looks like it is about to escalate to a higher level of disruption , but then , there are those amongst you that would raise cheers if they blew up both the airports and the docks , because , as you say , IT WILL MAKE OUR LIVES MORE PLEASANT , selfish bunch of morons .