House Complex In A Decent Area In Bangkok

Hi I'm looking for an house in Bangkok in a decent area possibly not too far, Sathorn area looks interesting as well as the other side of the river where i see many complex.

Altought it needs to be affordable (4-5 M at the most, possibly lower).

Anyone know any project or can reccomend anything?

Cheers

Did you really mean houses? or condos? You won't find a house in the Sathorn area, or anywhere near central Bangkok for anything close to 4-5 mil (unless you meant USD).

For condos, you can find some in the 100 sq mt size, in that price range. One developer, LPN, specializes in that price range.

TH

Did you really mean houses? or condos? You won't find a house in the Sathorn area, or anywhere near central Bangkok for anything close to 4-5 mil (unless you meant USD).

For condos, you can find some in the 100 sq mt size, in that price range. One developer, LPN, specializes in that price range.

TH

No no i meant house and i found plenty projects in prakard for that price range and even lower, of course not in the central area i was pointing out in my previous post but not even too far, thanks anyway.

TH

No no i meant house and i found plenty projects in prakard for that price range and even lower, of course not in the central area i was pointing out in my previous post but not even too far, thanks anyway.

Just bought a house in the Rama2 area (The Grand) and that's great, especially with the current prices, but that may be too far away from BKK for you.

Also looked a long time at other projects just across the river from Sathorn, and there are plenty of beautifull projects available, even for 4-5 million. Just take a drive and pop into some projects.

• 9 months later...

TH

Just bought a house in the Rama2 area (The Grand) and that's great, especially with the current prices, but that may be too far away from BKK for you.

Also looked a long time at other projects just across the river from Sathorn, and there are plenty of beautifull projects available, even for 4-5 million. Just take a drive and pop into some projects.

Can anyone reccomend any good project not to far from central Bangkok not over 6 milion bath?

TH

Can anyone reccomend any good project not to far from central Bangkok not over 6 milion bath?

Most new landed properties are 24km or more from downtown Bangkok. Is this too far or not?

Most new landed properties are 24km or more from downtown Bangkok. Is this too far or not?

No, in fact I'm looking for a place about 15-30 km from central Bangkok but with easy access (eg. highway).

Another important factor is that should be close to a big shopping mall.

Right now I'm searching in Bangna area.

Any suggestion are extremely apprecciated,

thanks

No, in fact I'm looking for a place about 15-30 km from central Bangkok but with easy access (eg. highway).

thanks

Bangna - probably along the outer ring road.

Srinakarin-Teparak, the soi after Carefour has a new housing project, now selling phase 2. Developer completes construction before selling.

thanks

Srinakarin-Teparak, the soi after Carefour has a new housing project, now selling phase 2. Developer completes construction before selling.

Good area, many international school around there too.

Are you or anyone else living there?

What's the name of the project?

Thanks

thanks

Good area, many international school around there too.

Are you or anyone else living there?

What's the name of the project?

Thanks

Villa Arcadia Srinakarin

http://www.villa-arcadia.in.th/srinakarin/loc.asp

Prices?

RAZZ

No idea what prices are set for phase 2. Been there to have a look at their phase 1 a few years ago and to study the design and layouts as they were done by foreign architects. Call them if you are interested.

You seem extremely knowledgeable about property. What did you think of the design, quality of construction?

I went to see some of the houses at Grand Canal a couple of weeks ago. Whilst on the surface they looked great, on closer inspection they were built pretty cheaply...especially for the money they wanted :)

RAZZ

Prices?

RAZZ

No idea what prices are set for phase 2. Been there to have a look at their phase 1 a few years ago and to study the design and layouts as they were done by foreign architects. Call them if you are interested.

You seem extremely knowledgeable about property. What did you think of the design, quality of construction?

I went to see some of the houses at Grand Canal a couple of weeks ago. Whilst on the surface they looked great, on closer inspection they were built pretty cheaply...especially for the money they wanted :)

RAZZ

LOL...there will be a difference in finishing quality done by building contractors compared with interior contractors. Most residential projects (landed or high-rise) are done by the former - bulk work at cheaper prices. A carpenter of a building contractor does not use a screwdriver, drill and screws, only nails and hammer.

There were 3 major issues with the house design or specifications of Villa Arcadia:

- no properly planned locations to conceal the air-con CDUs

- no rain water gutters at the roof

- ugly commercial aluminum framed door at the shower

post-77843-1253307261_thumb.jpg

post-77843-1253307281_thumb.jpg

RAZZ

RAZZELL,

Which Grand Canal project did you check out - Don Muang or Prachacheun?

The best thing to do at the Grand Canal projects is to buy a bare land plot and build your own house on it - one good thing about Grand Canal is that at least they will let you buy bare land, and not force you to buy the regular cookie-cutter houses if you so wish. The bad thing is, as you mentioned, prices... pretty darn high - and then you have to go find yourself a good builder, etc. etc... which in itself is not worth the hassle for many people (who just end up settling for the sub-par build quality to avoid the potential headaches).

trogers, in the picture above, is that a door from the shower to the outside of the house? Is there some kind of outdoor "rain shower" or is that door there just in case one needs to take a piss and can't be bothered to put up the toilet seat so you just piss on your plants? :D

Also agree going with Land and House, also Sansiri, especially if maintaining their neighborhoods AFTER they are completely sold out is important to you. Too many of the new companies just pack up after the last home is sold and move on to their next project... leaving some shakily set up neighborhood organization to run the show, if any at all.

:)

I went to see some of the houses at Grand Canal a couple of weeks ago. Whilst on the surface they looked great, on closer inspection they were built pretty cheaply...especially for the money they wanted :D

RAZZ

RAZZELL,

Which Grand Canal project did you check out - Don Muang or Prachacheun?

The best thing to do at the Grand Canal projects is to buy a bare land plot and build your own house on it - one good thing about Grand Canal is that at least they will let you buy bare land, and not force you to buy the regular cookie-cutter houses if you so wish. The bad thing is, as you mentioned, prices... pretty darn high - and then you have to go find yourself a good builder, etc. etc... which in itself is not worth the hassle for many people (who just end up settling for the sub-par build quality to avoid the potential headaches).

trogers, in the picture above, is that a door from the shower to the outside of the house? Is there some kind of outdoor "rain shower" or is that door there just in case one needs to take a piss and can't be bothered to put up the toilet seat so you just piss on your plants? :D

Don Muang.

The houses for about 7m were ok...but 28m? :D:)

I can't wait for the "canals" to end up in someone's living room when it rains :D

One guy had built a very big, very nice house on his land. According to the saleswoman the plans have to to be "approved" to make sure they "fit in" with the other designs...and they have to be completed in 1 year.

On the plus side I like the security of the estate and most of the buyers seemed to be well to do Thai's.

On the minus a long way to the centre of BKK. If I was going to live that far out I might as well go to Pathamthani and save a lot of money.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Hi RAZZ,

I say go check out Grand Canal Prachacheun. IMO it's the better project. You've got the SportsCity complex and a Villa Market basically connected to the property so perfect. And the drainage is good, Prachacheun is more above sea level than other parts of Bangkok and you have lots of reserve drainage in the giant Klong Prapa across the road that runs all of the way up and down Prachacheun.

There are a few vacant plots left. Most people that built on the vacant plots (especially the ones right up on the canal behind the SportsCity driving range are huuuugeee houses... You can see one house, a beautiful giant glass structure... from the driving range... My guess is 2 million USD + easy. But yes, I see your point about moving a bit farther out and saving money - but GC Prachacheun has the ace in the pocket by having that Sportscity + Villa right there. Never need to leave the complex if you don't want to. Speaking of further out, has anybody every checked out the housing projects along Rama5/Ratchapreuk? I remember maybe 4 years ago I went to go look at a Noble (Noble Wana something maybe) out there and they had the show house for sale at 11 million furnished. Ratchapreuk is a nice big road but you get bottle-necked coming into Bangkok at the Rama7 bridge or the other side coming into NgamWongWan.

Wow I didn't know they had houses at the Don Muang Grand Canal for 28 million??!?!? <deleted> I would never buy a cookie cutter house for 28 million. I'd rather buy a second-hand house built to expat standards by an expat from say 10 years ago or so for that money... (Bang Na has some of those neighborhoods, very much like a nice American neighborhood, but I just don't like Bang Na).

trogers, in the picture above, is that a door from the shower to the outside of the house? Is there some kind of outdoor "rain shower" or is that door there just in case one needs to take a piss and can't be bothered to put up the toilet seat so you just piss on your plants? :)

In the photo that shows the air-con CDUs, you can see a center wall on the 2nd floor with some timber at its top. That's the balconies of the two bathrooms connected back to back. The balconies are just for some planting to simulate a feel of Balinese style. No open air shower. Problem is that they should have spent a bit more and used tempered glass, similar to the one separating the shower with the toilet.

Better still is to do away with the 2 balconies, and use it to place and hide the CDUs.

Edited by trogers

In the photo that shows the air-con CDUs, you can see a center wall on the 2nd floor with some timber at its top. That's the balconies of the two bathrooms connected back to back. The balconies are just for some planting to simulate a feel of Balinese style. No open air shower. Problem is that they should have spent a bit more and used tempered glass, similar to the one separating the shower with the toilet.

Better still is to do away with the 2 balconies, and use it to place and hide the CDUs.

That's strange design IMO - so can you walk from one shower to the other?!?!?!? And those doors are brutal - they remind me of doors all around bangkok that, once you pull to close from the 90-degree "sticky part," they come flying at your face at high speed until they get to about a few inches from "closed," at which point they slow down... just bad design. Those doors scare me.

And yeah those CDUs are an eyesore for sure. The design just seems like typical Thai - going well enough for 80% and then crapping out for the last 20%.

edit: just went to that moobaan's website posted above:

"Villa Arcadia is situated in the up-market enclave of Srinakarin, yada yada yada." :)

Edited by jcon

Baan Patra (www.baanpatra.com) has single family homes that run from about 4 - 7+ million baht. It's 12 km from the On Nut BTS and 7 km from the new airport. The area seemed secure with a community pool, fitness, etc. I'm no expert so I can't speak to the build quality, drainage, etc.

there are tons of moo baan around onnut but becareful though. In onnut, near prawet intersection is where bangkok's only dumpsite is located. yeah, the only or rather central dumpsite for the entire Bangkok!!!!

The stench can be very overwhelming sometimes. i live in one of LH's project near the site and if the wind direction blows towards the airport, we have to close up the windows and put on the aircon. Only happens during wet season, cold and hot season, it's fine.

The outer ring road between Rama 9 and Bang Na has loads of projects in the price range you mentioned.

Another plus for LH is that, they don't sell any units until it's completed. So no silly "pay as they build" kinda scheme.

Prices?

RAZZ

in their website mortgage calculator it says average price for Type A is 5.59 M

Type B 6.40 M

Type C 7.41

Type D 9.53

Type E 11.92

Looks interesting i will certainly go to have a look.

Don't be fooled by the map-there is no BTS line along bangna trat or MRT, maybe in 20 years.

Baan Patra (www.baanpatra.com) has single family homes that run from about 4 - 7+ million baht. It's 12 km from the On Nut BTS and 7 km from the new airport. The area seemed secure with a community pool, fitness, etc. I'm no expert so I can't speak to the build quality, drainage, etc.

there are tons of moo baan around onnut but becareful though. In onnut, near prawet intersection is where bangkok's only dumpsite is located. yeah, the only or rather central dumpsite for the entire Bangkok!!!!

The stench can be very overwhelming sometimes. i live in one of LH's project near the site and if the wind direction blows towards the airport, we have to close up the windows and put on the aircon. Only happens during wet season, cold and hot season, it's fine.

Now that you mention it, there was an odd smell out there... I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, probably because the wind kept changing direction.

The BTS extension out to Bangna is well under construction. It will end a bit past the BITEC convention center. Looks like it will be ready late this year, early next.

Unfortunately whilst the line looks almost ready it will not be opening until late 2011, some civil servant responsible for the procurement of the signaling equipment hasn't done so yet. It would seem that he or she is due to retire shortly and didn't want to make the wrong decision so left it on hold - and none of his superiors noticed.

It seems they have project in different location.

The one in Ramintra seems very interesting and in a good location, i will certainly go to have a look, no prices in the website though.

The BTS extension out to Bangna is well under construction. It will end a bit past the BITEC convention center. Looks like it will be ready late this year, early next.

Unfortunately whilst the line looks almost ready it will not be opening until late 2011, some civil servant responsible for the procurement of the signaling equipment hasn't done so yet. It would seem that he or she is due to retire shortly and didn't want to make the wrong decision so left it on hold - and none of his superiors noticed.

I saw that in the Post the other day, that is really sad, but not surprising, Its actually a fallout from the fire truck scandal, as the city clerk that signed off on that got fired, so the replacement didn't want to sign anything.

TH