Get To Pattaya From Phuket , Avoiding Bangkok?

miksguevara

Bus - from Phuket town to Bangkok. From Bangkok you can thendecide: another bus or a taxi to Pattaya.

ok thanks for all your helpful posts

:o

So much for "avoiding Bangkok" eh ! (It's like Rome, all roads lead to Bangkok)

With the chaos at U-Tapao I'm not sure what the regional flights would be like.

Does anyone know if there is a ferry, or charter service, that you could use to cross the gulf to say, Samui or Surat Thani, then pop over to Phuket to catch a flight ?

Bus - from Phuket town to Bangkok. From Bangkok you can thendecide: another bus or a taxi to Pattaya.

ok thanks for all your helpful posts

:o

So much for "avoiding Bangkok" eh ! (It's like Rome, all roads lead to Bangkok)

With the chaos at U-Tapao I'm not sure what the regional flights would be like.

Does anyone know if there is a ferry, or charter service, that you could use to cross the gulf to say, Samui or Surat Thani, then pop over to Phuket to catch a flight ?

No there is no ferry service. I believe there once was, many many moons ago and the idea is mooted every few years but there is no need. The only need is to be able to fly to more destinations from Pattaya. Hua Hin, North and South Thailand and some visa run destinations on an occasional basis would probably go down well. However, regional flight prices in Thailand are actually very high in comparison to the available alternatives. Buriram from Bangkok for example is Bt2700 one way for what can be a 25 minute flight.

If you take the bus from Phuket to Bangkok you will arrive at the Southern Bus Station in Pinklao

There is now a direct bus from that bus station to Pattaya so you can avoid the hassle of fighting your way through the traffic of Bangkok to Ekami or Morchit