Rubbish

Asmerom

When I took over this house in Mae Rim the landlord said just take your black bags and put them in the green or yellow bins you'll see on the roads. In Mae Rim I've seen one, outside Seven Eleven. So the first lot I used that, but I don't thnk for a minute its purpose is for household rubbish. The next bag I carried all the way to Chiang Mai on my motorbike (15kms) and I didn't see a single likely bin anywhere enroute, so I just put it into a yellowbin outside someone's house. On the next trip, I encountered a couple of rare street cleaners and gave it to them.

In Pattaya there are armies of streecleaners constantly sweeping the streets all day long, admittedly along the miles of beach road and there are green and yellow bins every 20 metres. No problems disposing of household rubbish there. But what do you do in Chiang Mai? I never see those big rubbish collection trucks followed by half a dozen sweepers and no bins at all. Even places like Tesco only have a tiny waste bin outside the door. And are there none of those re-cycling places in Chiang Mai?

And yet CM seems quite a clean city. Strangely, I did see, yesterday, three sweepers walking along the 1001 highway sweeping dust to the side of the road. Its all very mysterious.

Edited by Asmerom

When I took over this house in Mae Rim the landlord said just take your black bags and put them in the green or yellow bins you'll see on the roads. In Mae Rim I've seen one, outside Seven Eleven. So the first lot I used that, but I don't thnk for a minute its purpose is for household rubbish. The next bag I carried all the way to Chiang Mai on my motorbike (15kms) and I didn't see a single likely bin anywhere enroute, so I just put it into a yellowbin outside someone's house. On the next trip, I encountered a couple of rare street cleaners and gave it to them.

In Pattaya there are armies of streecleaners constantly sweeping the streets all day long, admittedly along the miles of beach road and there are green and yellow bins every 20 metres. No problems disposing of household rubbish there. But what do you do in Chiang Mai? I never see those big rubbish collection trucks followed by half a dozen sweepers and no bins at all. Even places like Tesco only have a tiny waste bin outside the door. And are there none of those re-cycling places in Chiang Mai?

And yet CM seems quite a clean city. Strangely, I did see, yesterday, three sweepers walking along the 1001 highway sweeping dust to the side of the road. Its all very mysterious.

Perhaps you burn it?

Same question for Saraphi.

On a previous thread in September Bill97 said, " Fiscalist solved this problem for everyone on a previous thread" I cannot find this previous thread and I'd love to know what the "Solution" was.

Edited by Asmerom

You put a label on your rubbish bag called "Political Party" and eventually it will be dissolvedicon6.gif

[quote name='whatawonderfulday' date='2008-12-02 12:27:09' post='2376036'

You put a label on your rubbish bag called "Political Party" and eventually it will be dissolved.

OK, Now we've had a good laugh, the question remains ; What do you do with your rubbish? I mean where on earth do all those half-eaten hamburgers, apple pies, and butter filled cookies end up? Rubbish isn't likely to be as high up on the agenda as apple pie but it does demand a certain amount of attention. PLEASE!!

Where oh where is Fiscalist.

Edited by Asmerom

Mae Rim, go to the Tesaban (Mae Rim District Office on the road between Mae Rim and Mae Joe) speaking Thai and they will arrange for their truck to pick up the trash for a small fee after you fill out a one page form giving them the address and a bit of other information. They say that it is the same for San Sai and other districts if you go to the respective district offices. This is not usually the case if you live in a development like Land and House where the development office is the place to contact because they take care of it inside the development.

Mae Rim, go to the Tesaban (Mae Rim District Office on the road between Mae Rim and Mae Joe) speaking Thai and they will arrange for their truck to pick up the trash for a small fee after you fill out a one page form giving them the address and a bit of other information. They say that it is the same for San Sai and other districts if you go to the respective district offices. This is not usually the case if you live in a development like Land and House where the development office is the place to contact because they take care of it inside the development.

Saved ! Many thanks. I'd almost given up hope of a sensible, helpful reply. I'm not on a development so that sounds like the ideal solution and I'll soon be trotting off to my District Office.

It still doesn't solve the riddle of what the thousands of inhabitants do with their household rubbish. It doesn't seem to get collected. But maybe I'm being too persistantly curious and after a few year's residence will find the answer by accident. For now, I'm very content to have my little problem well on the way to a resolution. Thanks again.