Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

Mia tell me that The PAD will leave the airport as early as tomorrow but certainly within 3 days, she is quoting, http://www.manager.co.th/ But I cant read Thai so I cant confirm

P.A.D. don't know themselves, there will be a meeting of top brass tonight.

PAD Leaders to Meet Tonight to Discuss PAD’s Next Move

TOC UPDATE (approx 2:20 pm)

The People’s Alliance for Democracy has cheered and clapped wildly after the Constitution Court had ruled this morning to disband the People Power party. The leaders are scheduled to meet tonight to discuss the PAD’s next move.

The People’s Alliance for Democracy protesters are to remain at Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi airports even after the court has ruled to disband the People Power party. The PAD hosts have told the protesters that their fight isn’t over even after the brief victory this morning.

The next step is for the MPs to convene to nominate a new premier. With most People Power party MPs escaping the political ban, they will most likely vote for another People Power party sponsored candidate. Some of the names which could be nominated to replace former PM Somchai Wongsawat are Chalerm Yoobamrung and Mingkwan Saengsuwan.

also:

Chaovarat becomes caretaker PM

No-1 Deputy Prime Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul will become caretaker prime minister pending a meeting of the caretaker Cabinet, former PM's Office Ministers Sukhumpong Ngonkham said Tuesday.

He said the caretaker Cabinet would make a former decision as to who should be caretaker prime minister replacing disqualified prime minister Somchai Wongsawat.

There are several leaders in the PAD and they often don't agree with one another. It is hard to say what they will do at the moment.

The non banned PPP members will move to the Puea Thai and form the new "PPP" government there. They will still have the majority to do so.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't come up with this vote buying crap again as most ALL parties do it but it appears that only the winners get penalised in this crazy system.

True - most all parties have been involved in vote buying, BUT the reason for the dissolution is because an EXECUTIVE of each of the 3 parties bought votes, and as a result the whole party suffers. Had it been a lesser person only he/she would have been thrown out.

Hey nick --- I think you are wrong here --- one of the very questionable rules being applied here is that if a member any party is "red carded" then the ENTIRE PARTY can be disbanded. This rule has received wide spread criticism from around the world.

Imagine if applied world wide ---- a corrupt member of parliament and then the whole party is disbanded .....

There would be no governments anywhere left intact..... corrupt politicians..... :o

I do not believe that any of the banned executives were "carded" by the EC for anything---- please correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree something was needed to be done to eliminate corrupt practices--- as carried out by ALL parties -- but this is not reasonable

all the best in this mess.

What is going to happen?? My guess is that 50,000 red shirts will open the airport inside three days. This verdict is likely to push there so far peaceful opposition to PAD past a limit of acceptance. Dont forget, they were most likely holding there agression as their parties were in power. They are not any more, so what have they to loose. Expect some really messy goings on in Bangkok the next week.

50,000 red shirts, army, or police, violent or non-violent I don't care as long as who ever gets them yellow shirts out of the airports.

Yeah once the airport is completely destroyed I'm sure you will be getting a really cheap flight out. Not sure about the waiting time from checkin though.

Not looking for a flight in or out.... staying for the long haul.

What if people came to your house and decided to occupy it? you asked them to leave they said no, you went to court and court asked them to leave they still said no, you met their demands they still said no.... at some point are you not going to use force?

I would have long ago...

Got nothing to do with my personal property.

If a large group of protesters staged a sit in at a public facility in New Zealand the general outcome is they stay until they are ready to leave.

Using violence to force them to move on would be unthinkable.

If you feel so inconvenienced by the disruption to your travel plans that you would condone violence in order to save yourself the hassle of finding a new route then you are a tool.

Learn to read, I live here no FLIGHTS in or OUT i am here for the long haul..... I find it funny you can't be bothered to read yet you are the one calling me a tool?

Hey your the one suggesting that their should be a violent confrontation in order to reopen the airport when there are 1000's of people there that would be immediately affected by the outcome, let alone the risk of damage to the facility and the likelihood that it would further inflame and already tense situation. Yet you consider yourself in for the long haul.

You must be a tool. Either that or a narcissist.

The reds cut off power supplies to the court complex, judges issued an order for them to disperse of face charges of contempt of court, and they left.

Contempt of Court charges usually land the guilty party straight into jail. No bail, no appeal. Straight into a cell (just ask Thaksin's lawyers what happened when they tried to bribe a judge).

When the courts ordered the protesters to leave, they weren't facing contempt of court charges if they didn't leave. Probably Illegal Trespass charges. That gave them the option to appeal the court order, and the ability to remain where they are until the appeal is heard.

Who care what party is dissoved or not. Who cares who is Thaksin or Sondhi.

Can you please open Swampy now. I have a flight to catch TONIGHT.

Minimum 1 week after mutts leave the airport before it reopens.

Thai PBS showing a group of people in GREEN T-shirts marching and protesting through the fields of Phichit in northern Thailand.

Will there be any colour left that is free of political meaning by the end of the month?

Wear Tartan i say - that should bamboozle everybody

Oh please, every political party in Thailand "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking government official "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking police officer "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking military officer "breaks the law". And quite frankly, the judiciary of Thailand has never been without its dirty laundry and it too has always been under the influence of one political faction or another. What has changed is that Sondhi has used his media power to demonize the opposition and so now we have the pawns of both megalomaniacs, Thaksin and Sondhi, wearing their gang colors avowing to destroy the opposition. So the chess game will continue. All that has happened is that one side got some leverage over the judiciary who then threw the board up in the air to mix up all the pieces and start anew. But the stalemate will continue. There is no good news here for the Kingdom and the Thai people.

Sadly ---Johpa is correct. The hypocrisy of PAD is illustrated in the decades of criminal and murdering activities of just one of their leaders General Pallop Pinmanee ---- for those who imagine that PAD fight corruption- murder-intimidation---simply have a quick look at this guys record.

This guy is a stark raving maniac ---- heaven help Thailand if he and his ilk actually get to hold sway !!

Panlop or Sae Daeng take your pick.

Both loose cannons,

but Panlop clearly the smarter, quieter.

But I have only heard of Panlop's 'saying' he has anything to do with PAD,

he's not a PAD leader, no name on roster.

Last heard from he was golfing with Thaksin...after PAD stiffed him.

But he has known Chamlong for decades,

and he has known Thaksin for decades too.

And doesn't seem to be someone with allegencese to much of anyone with out a title.

Edited by animatic

Hey your the one suggesting that their should be a violent confrontation in order to reopen the airport when there are 1000's of people there that would be immediately affected by the outcome, let alone the risk of damage to the facility and the likelihood that it would further inflame and already tense situation. Yet you consider yourself in for the long haul.

People are occupying the airport illegally and have been ordered by the courts to leave. They have not left, they got what they were asking for the PPP to be dissolved, they are still not leaving.

we have three options:

1. let them stay and ignore them

2. keep meeting their demands, until they run out of things to ask for

3. force them to leave.

In my opinion

#1 is not an option as every day those airports are closed the Thai economy suffers, and they are their illegally.

#2 is not an option, because they already got what they were originally asking for.

#3 is the only option left.... Now whether or not it turns violent when the police, army, or red shirts turn up to evict them is entirely up to the PAD is it not?

Last but not least although I have a tool, I myself am not, just ask your wife about my tool.

Anyone know for sure if the PPP, after a process of metamorphosis, can just re-emerge as the XXX party and take over as government or do they have to rerun the election as confirmation?

At least Somchai can now step aside having saved face by having not resigned. An honourable Thai solution.

Any right thinking person (leastaways one from a developed country) would consider resigning as the best option rather that be thrown out "which must be an absolute loss of face"

Of course I am not viewing from a Thai person's perspective :o

Edited by john b good

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

we need adolf hitler

We certainly do NOT need an Adolf Hitler..... but we could use a Saddam Hussein right about now. Can you imagine the Kurds taking over Baghdad airport and sitting there for weeks intentionally destroying the country? Most countries wouldn´t stand for it, democratic or otherwise. And the thought of PAD being "peaceful protesters" is bullsh**. Hijacking an international airport along with the entire economy is not peaceful, and the airport is simply not theirs to take. Apart from tear gas, water cannons, etc..... every PAD supporter needs to be bitch slapped and then forced to learn about how democracy works..... of which they have no idea.

Big surprise, the P.A.D. won't be leaving! :o

Ever wondered why most civilized countries don't negotiate with terrorists?

Now you get your answer.

PAD are not terrorists. Save that word for real terrorists such as in Mumbai.

Redshirts murdering people with bombs, what would you call them?

There was no negotiation with the courts. The courts ruled how they were going to rule. What was negotiated exactly?

The PAD have not achieved what they want. The Thaksin forces are just going to rebrand and install another Thaksin puppet/relative.

Edited by Jingthing

I'll tell you why the PAD can't leave. As soon as their supporters leave, their leaders will get thrown into jail for all the laws they have broken and for the billions in damages they have created. They have only one way out now, which they have stated all along, which is "fight until death".

Now you get your answer.

There was no negotiation with the courts. The courts ruled how they were going to rule. What was negotiated exactly?

The PAD have not achieved what they want. The Thaksin forces are just going to rebrand and install another Thaksin puppet/relative.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist

they fit the definition

The PAD are domestic terrorists. Even though they are not a political party, they are becoming a proxy government themselves. How come airplanes now need approval of the PAD to leave the airport? How come the PAD needs to approve the next government? This is nothing short of a terrorist organization.

The PPP and two other parties have been disbanded over vote fraud and many MP's banned from politics for 5 years. How come other members of the same party - now under a new party name can be allowed to form a government. Do they expect anybody to take that seriously ? :o

great so now we swap yellow terrorists for red terrorists ?

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see if those posters calling for PADs blood will continue with their hard line towards the Red...as they all clame to not the pro-PPP.

(Besides what, 2 users that are madly in-love with Thaksin. Even thought he...ehh...has nothing to do with PPP...or so they say...it all gets very confusing when they try to justify their irrational postings. :o )

If the yellows move out of the airport and reds move in, You will hear me calling for the police or army to go in and end the occupation. Red, Yellow, White, Black, Brown, Purple, Pink.... Does not matter the color of the shirt it matters their actions.

What will be interesting is if YOU will say the reds taking over the airport is ok in light of them trying to accomplish something as you have for the yellow shirt??? Hopefully we don't find out, as I would hate to see the airport occupation continue

But there you make a logical fallacy my friend, for I have never defended the occupation of the airports. But I have neither called for blood, neither yellow nor red. Unlike so many PAD-haters here (but they are not Thaksin/PPP-supporters they say), hence the interest what they say when the reds do anything, apart from always saying 'yellows deserve it' when yellows get killed...

So far the red team is playing by the rules. You can not say that about the yellow team.

The estimated cost for their actions in the last week is now getting close to 100 billion US dollars (3,500,000,000,000 Thai Baht).

For this money you could build 25 new Suvarnabhumi airports. You could buy back the part of Shin Corporation that Thaksin sold to Singapore 100 times. You could build countless new skytrain and subway lines...

Now you get your answer.

I think they'll leave before the end of the week because they will be dealing with the army rather than an impotent toothless government.

People are occupying the airport illegally and have been ordered by the courts to leave. They have not left, they got what they were asking for the PPP to be dissolved, they are still not leaving.

we have three options:

1. let them stay and ignore them

2. keep meeting their demands, until they run out of things to ask for

3. force them to leave.

In my opinion

#1 is not an option as every day those airports are closed the Thai economy suffers, and they are their illegally.

#2 is not an option, because they already got what they were originally asking for.

#3 is the only option left.... Now whether or not it turns violent when the police, army, or red shirts turn up to evict them is entirely up to the PAD is it not?

Last but not least although I have a tool, I myself am not, just ask your wife about my tool.

No they didn't. They wanted that the PPP stops, not that the PPP renames themself.

Honestly, I think the reds murderous tactics and threats are more terroristic than the yellows. I don't like either side, but I think throwing out incendiary labels is just throwing more fuel on the fire.

http://www.upiasia.com/Politics/2008/07/25...hai_style/3854/

Edited by Jingthing

Now you get your answer.

I think that by international law, taking over the international airport's control tower is an act of terrorism!

Thai PBS showing a group of people in GREEN T-shirts marching and protesting through the fields of Phichit in northern Thailand.

Will there be any colour left that is free of political meaning by the end of the month?

Hope they give black a miss or I'll have to buy a new wardrobe. :D

I've got an empty wardrobe in the spare bedroom - you can have that. :o

Now you get your answer.

they fit the definition

Love the new avitar... pm me when you have the t shirts printed.

I think that by international law, taking over the international airport's control tower is an act of terrorism!

Stop cheapening the word. PAD has resorted to radical political tactics. Isn't that bad enough? Not terrorism. If they had started to murder or threatened to murder stranded tourists (such as happened in Mumbai) THAT is terrorism. This overplaying the terrorist red herring is simply stupid and not helpful to bringing peace to Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

I think they'll leave before the end of the week because they will be dealing with the army rather than an impotent toothless government.

Here is an angle worth considering....The Army has not and will not, or they would have Obeyed already.

This is a 3D situation.

Edited by digitele

Now you get your answer.

they fit the definition

Let's say a Muslim group peacefully took over the international airport in Mumbay tomorrow. To leave the airport, they demand that the Indian government step down and hold new elections. In these elections, only muslims can vote, as the judgement of hindus can not be trusted. They are not hurting anybody, but if someone attacks them they will fight to death.

What would you call this? A legitimate protest, terrorism, or something else?