Ilr Or Flr

Hi,

To cut the story short, my wife came home the other night absolutly mow from a xmas work party.

We had abit of an argument that night and she went crazy in our home, throwing things every where.

Someone must have called the police and she was taken away after hitting me with a pok pok stick.

My wife spent a few hours in the cell to sober up and was cautioned, and I was just wondering if this could cause a stumbling block in her application for ILR or FLR?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please note she was not charged

Scotty

Hi,

To cut the story short, my wife came home the other night absolutly mow from a xmas work party.

We had abit of an argument that night and she went crazy in our home, throwing things every where.

Someone must have called the police and she was taken away after hitting me with a pok pok stick.

My wife spent a few hours in the cell to sober up and was cautioned, and I was just wondering if this could cause a stumbling block in her application for ILR or FLR?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please note she was not charged

Scotty

Whats a pok pok stick

Tell her she is not in Thailand anymore, and to put her head in or you will wack it off with a pok pok stick and send her back to Isan.

Its like a roling pin, many thais use a pok pok to crush garlic, chillies etc

Anyway, I was after some advice on the post, not smart remarks thanks

Scotty

Fair enough .... thanks for the answer. As for yours am not sure, maybe the scouser or thai visa express might know. If she wasnt charged, then surely there would be no record. Good luck anyway.

No probs,

Yes, she was not charged.

I have looked on the ILR application set m form I think it is, and it asks if you or any of your dependents have any criminal convictions.

I cant realy see a caution as a conviction, hope im right

Scotty

You should be ok. Was she given an official police caution? Even if she was, although it does result in a criminal record, it's not a criminal conviction, so she can safely tick the no box on any form asking if she has been convicted of a criminal offence.

A police caution lasts depending upon the type of offence committed; these are "stepped down" after a particular period of time like (5 to 10 years). A police caution is more like an official warning that is given to an adult who has committed some sort of offence. If the accused refuses the caution then he shall be normally prosecuted according to the normal ways of the offence.

Though the police caution is not officially classified as a conviction it can be considered by courts if a person commits more offences.

Scotty, as the above quote states, it is really just an official warning, it most definitely isn't a conviction, but beware, if there is persistent breaches they can be considered by the courts.

I wouldn't worry about this instance if I were you, regarding ILR.

Good Luck

Moss