Valium/diazepam From Hospital In Bkk

WaiWai

My apologies, especially to Sheryl, for the now-closed thread asking about buying Valium over the counter. I was not aware Valium was a controlled substance here.

So, can anyone tell me which hospital would be nearest for my relative stying near Central World (which I understand is near World Trade Centre, or something similarly named) in BKK?

Thanks in advance.

I live near Central World and I still always go to Bangkok Nursing Hospital on Convent Road in Silom (Sala Daeng BTS)... but the nearby Bangkok Christian Hospital has a good psychiatrist on staff and is cheaper.

If you have a previous prescription for Valium bring it. Also it is helpful to have some medical records or paperwork showing your medication order and diagnosis if you have it. Thai doctors are very tight when it comes to prescribing narcotics of any kind. I have to get my script filled on a 2 week basis because the doc I got is skiddish about prescribing narcotics. From my personal experience narcotics are controlled on the same level whether it be Morphine or Valium. I don't believe they have a controlled substances schedule like the US or UK.

Edited by gunnyd

My apologies, especially to Sheryl, for the now-closed thread asking about buying Valium over the counter. I was not aware Valium was a controlled substance here.

So, can anyone tell me which hospital would be nearest for my relative stying near Central World (which I understand is near World Trade Centre, or something similarly named) in BKK?

Thanks in advance.

Central World and the World Trade Center are the same place. The name was changed from World Trade Center to Central World after a renovation (and a bomb on New Years Eve) a couple years ago. As for the nearest hospital, there are several good ones in Bangkok but the closest to Central World would probably be Bumrungrad just off Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nuea). I'm not claiming it to be the best, just the closest. Ploenchit is the closest BTS Station to Bumrungrad but because Suk Soi 3 is one way the wrong way it would be easier to get off at the Nana BTS Station and take a cab down Soi 11 then circle around back to Soi 3 north of Bumrungrad. There is also a way to get there by cab from Ploenchit but it involves taking a small alleyway by the Krung Thai Bank headquarters and most cab drivers aren't familiar with this route.

Reminder and clarification for those just joining this thread:

Valium (diazepam) and related drugs (e.g. xanax) are controlled drugs in Thailand now. Any pharmacy which sells them over the counter is breaking the law. And anyone who procures them without a doctor's prescription is likewise in violation of law and could be prosecuted if found to be in posession.

Discussion of illegal actuis is against forum rules, hence a number of posts have been deleted or edited.

• 3 weeks later...

You could also find a Dr. who runs a private clinic. Many Dr.'s who work out of a hospital also have private store-front clinic that they work at during their lunch hours, after business hours, and on week-ends (at least they do up here in Udon). They also dispense medication from these clinics. You will also save money on your meds, as hospitals tend to charge, sometimes double, what a clinic or pharmacy charge.