Man Who Was Caught On Camera Being Beaten By Pad Guards

dave9988

my thai friend just told me this but i cant find anything in the Western news (but god nows how selective the english language newspapers are about what gets reported in english)

does anyone have any news on this story?

he was wearing a white tshirt in the photos and they were posted on this forum

can someone who reads thai give a brief summary

I don't have time to read it at the moment but the opening word, ยิงทิ้ง, means he was shot and abandoned.

Since there appears to be credence to the OP's post, off topic and accusatory posts have been deleted.

first para of news read as follows:

PAD victim shot, thrown in water

man in white shirt resurfaces again...in critical (almost dead) condition

the man who was dragged away by PAD guards and later in the night shot through his neck was stripped and thrown into a canal (? or some similar sort of water) near the cargo area of the airport.

rescue team found him (doesnt say what rescue team) and sent him to hospital. It was revealed before being beaten he was trying to run to a reporter to seek help, as he wanted to leave. He had come from Phitsanulok to support the protest, but wanted to leave when he started to feel it was unsafe, but the guards wouldnt let him, and later beat him.

(statements above are not directly from the victim, but from reporters in the van that he tried to run and seek help from)

police are yet to get statement from him as hes still unconscious. it is believed he is the same person as the guy in white shirt seen on footage being beaten by PAD guard, but it can only be confirm once the victim is able to give statement

lots of other details, but above is the essence

first para of news read as follows:

PAD victim shot, thrown in water

man in white shirt resurfaces again...in critical (almost dead) condition

the man who was dragged away by PAD guards and later in the night shot through his neck was stripped and thrown into a canal (? or some similar sort of water) near the cargo area of the airport.

rescue team found him (doesnt say what rescue team) and sent him to hospital. It was revealed before being beaten he was trying to run to a reporter to seek help, as he wanted to leave. He had come from Phitsanulok to support the protest, but wanted to leave when he started to feel it was unsafe, but the guards wouldnt let him, and later beat him.

(statements above are not directly from the victim, but from reporters in the van that he tried to run and seek help from)

police are yet to get statement from him as hes still unconscious. it is believed he is the same person as the guy in white shirt seen on footage being beaten by PAD guard, but it can only be confirm once the victim is able to give statement

lots of other details, but above is the essence

That's horrific.

Something seriously not right with this kind of group mentality. Surely one of the PAD guys, with some sense, could have tried to stop the attack before it got out of hand.

can someone who reads thai give a brief summary

I don't have time to read it at the moment but the opening word, ยิงทิ้ง, means he was shot and abandoned.

Since there appears to be credence to the OP's post, off topic and accusatory posts have been deleted.

Yes, its a long article and I also don't have time but briefly :

The injured man is believed to be the same man as shown wearing the white shirt. His name is Chaiwat Malila , 26 , from Pitsanuloke province. He was ' arrested ' by the Pad guards near the cargo terminal who believing him to be up to no good , beat him, stripped him, and shot him in the neck before leaving him in a ditch. He is now recovering in Noparat Rachtanee hospital. He has been unconscious and police are waiting to talk to him to confirm he is the man in the white shirt. It appears the PAD guards thought he was some kind of spy.

This is only a brief summary . It was on the Thai news tonight so will probably appear in English soon.

has anyone some real evidence?

Maybe we can arrange an interview with the victim when and if he comes around. Why do you protect the PAD at every opportunity? They use violence and that has been proved not just in the instance, but on several occasions.

It's sickening to see this kind of brutality.

Cheers, Rick

You think the photos were PhotoShopped? :o

CNN also showed the footage on their news couple of nights ago. (one angle looked like they were secretly filming from across road)

what was visible is the guy in white tshirt running carrying a yellow tshirt in hand

no one could figure out what was going on...as report was saying he might be pro government, but didnt quite make sense...as pro govt couldnt have got in given the PAD guards had check points (even police couldnt get in), and the guy in white ran from direction of inside airport, running out.

observation based on footage shown on CNN :D

CNN also showed the footage on their news couple of nights ago. (one angle looked like they were secretly filming from across road)

what was visible is the guy in white tshirt running carrying a yellow tshirt in hand

no one could figure out what was going on...as report was saying he might be pro government, but didnt quite make sense...as pro govt couldnt have got in given the PAD guards had check points (even police couldnt get in), and the guy in white ran from direction of inside airport, running out.

It was reported (not front page as I recall) in the hard copy of one of those ntorious pro government rags- the Nation or the Bkk Post. Unless they were just trying to take pot shots at the PAD. Kind of doubt it though.

The worst thing for any group is for the other side to see is dissatisfaction among the ranks. PAD have been over confident for a pretty long time knowing that the cheques that they have been receiving cannot ever bounce. With that in mind being filmed means nothing to them, you either serve a cause or you are an enemy. One must understand that even the women, children and those that looked well past it may have come for a look see but no chance would they be able to leave. They took the Devils silver and now they are stained and knowing that they could not leave. Those guards were not there to keep people out they were there to keep people in.

Thailand must for it's own self respect prosecute all those that have taken an opportunity to exceed their powers, in a time of war we would classify those individuals as war criminals.

However we expats now have a duty to try and restore Thailand to the way we have know her to be the Land of Smiles not to stamp on her and moan about the next 5 years, those and I mean those that have decided that she is our home because of our wives must try and mend this mess. If not we are just as mad as the nutters that have disgusted our screens.

It is not easy but we have to dig deep into our hearts and realise that we must hold onto our own sanity and not get carried away with lynching the wrong doers.

We are not vultures and should be a source of understanding and consolation for the society that is in turmoil, as I said this is for those that Thailand is our home not just a fishing ground.

Wonderful that people will try and sue a cloud for that is what PAD is a loose net of worthless air bubbles that have hoodwinked a whole nation by acts of terrorism, what is important is that any re-enactment is squashed by a bullet in the right quarter by authorised personnel fulfilling their roles

So, he was not a reporter and is not dead. topic title edited to reflect changing information.

You might want to recheck the title SBK.

Cheers, Rick

why? did I get it wrong? I merely removed the word "reporter" from the title and the question if he was dead. Spelling mistakes are the fault of the OP :o

So, he was not a reporter and is not dead. topic title edited to reflect changing information.

Cheers, Rick

why? did I get it wrong? I merely removed the word "reporter" from the title and the question if he was dead.

Should read "Man who was caught", "Not man who has caught". :o

Cheers, Rick

why? did I get it wrong? I merely removed the word "reporter" from the title and the question if he was dead.

Should read "Man who was caught", "Not man who has caught". :o

OP's spelling mistake. Guess I shall be kind and fix that too. :D