Democrats To Form New Coalition Government

jdinasia

i do not read thai but it was translated as saying that on a blog.

any party that joins a democrat government with seats in the north will likely face a backlash from voters next election in the north

What next election???

Anyway, if this cobbling can become even reasonably sustainable, the next election will be in the distant future, say late 2011 or in 2012.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother? This isn't really a serious forum for politics.A discussion for educated grown ups has to take place elsewhere.

so you keep staying here....understandable

Either he is not accepted in the forum for educated grownups, or I don't want to be a part of the forum where he is accepted as such.

A man without a forum.., it's worse than being homeless.

A while back, he had inquired as to what I meant when I had said he had flamed the entire forum on more than one occasion. This is another example of what I meant. It's not the first example, only the latest.

Plus's comment is a legitimate tease.Typically you omitted his coda that it was tongue in cheek.

Sadly you revert to type.Your comment that I have flamed the entire forum is a lie.I have said, which is no more than the truth, that a full political discussion cannot take place here and that for such a discussion one must look elsewhere.I have never said that the forum is for those who are not educated or grown up.

I know it is irritating for you to have to deal with conflicting views in an area you once dominated, but that's not an excuse for your lies.

Here here,

There does seem to me to be a "hunt in packs mentality" on here against anybody who posts a pro-democracy, anti PAD fascist viewpoint.

Talk about upsetting the applecart.

Additionally the LM laws do mean full discussion is curtailed on here because pro-democracy supporters are posting with one arm tied behind their backs.

And she mentioned that the government respondsible. She is famous for not being corrupt as well all the others who investigated found the same.

She started a "scientific" investigation with some conclusion. Then the next day, complete U-turn, she started pointing the finger at some political figures in a very "un-scientific" way. Very strange.

She’s a very “colorful” lady, very much appreciated by the media, less by her colleagues.

Edited by Pierrot

As this is seemingly not of the desired standards certain members keep posting about.

View the later posts on the thread above mine for reference.

Perhaps they should use there freedom of choice and post on another forum that could possibly meet their views and expectations.

Then again, just maybe you have nowhere to go as you,ve already been evicted everywhere else, for similar reasons, because..............

Seems to me flaming the majority of our members ( as i,ll exclude yourselves ) is your main objective, from which you appear to get perverse pleasure, is getting a tad boring and beyond reason. :D

IMHO as always.

marshbags :D:o

Edited by marshbags

Questions from a confused mind.....

Whatever happened to Samak's promised referendum on "New Politics"?

Whatever happened to all the promised reports on the injuries and fatalities the PAD suffered?

When someone has been banned from politics, whay are they allowed to participate in the meetings of their political party?

Why is buying an MP not unconstitutional when MPs buying votes is?

Why is a convicted criminal permitted to phone in to a political TV show?

How can a government owned TV channel host the abovementioned TV show?

What is to prevent Screaming Lord Sutch and his Raving Loony Party from contesting in any future Thai elections?

You got a valued pint there somewhere my friend and your concerns in Buddhas ears, but "Screetching Lord as such" has joined the heavenly abodes... and is playing harp since ... and he may give a dam_n to get into this mess..

And she mentioned that the government respondsible. She is famous for not being corrupt as well all the others who investigated found the same.

She started a "scientific" investigation with some conclusion. Then the next day, complete U-turn, she started pointing the finger at some political figures in a very "un-scientific" way. Very strange.

She’s a very “colorful” lady, very much appreciated by the media, less by her colleagues.

She got Kunjing for her good work, that tells much.

In the past several times Thaksin tried to remove her, or shut her mouth but failed.

She told clearly in a scientific way that it was the explosive tear gas, shoot from the police, who was ordered by the government AND the other groups appointed from the government found out the same.

Not a single one found any evidence for explosives at the PAD.

So short version: you are posting non-sense.

The guy who blew himself in his car, substandard chinese firecrackers too ?

Science can explain a lot, but now it's not science, it's science fiction. I'm watching CSI, you should be in front of the X Files.

No offence, it's a great show too.

Edited by Pierrot

The guy who blowed himself in his car, substandard chinese firecrackers too ?

Science can explain a lot, but now it's not science, it's science fiction. I'm watching CSI, you should be in front of the X Files.

No offence, it's great show too.

You like fiction and like writing it. We know.

The car that burnt up is, as it seems, isn't part of any concluded and publicized report afaik. Where do you get your information from.

Any chance we can all 'grow up a little', stop hunting in packs (both sides), telling folks to F'off elsewhere and trying to get folks banned because they don't share your viewpoint.

Back to topic. I reckon that Abhisit will be the new PM on Monday, and I hope he grows a pair of balls and runs the country well. He has the potential. :o

Additionally the LM laws do mean full discussion is curtailed on here because pro-democracy supporters are posting with one arm tied behind their backs.

Many of the posters you are refering to speak in defense / support of Thaksin, and the only type of democracy he was interested in was one he could meddle and interfere with, and be able to control. Pro-democracy? I don't think so.

to add some gossip: a couple of years ago, it was her haircut, that caused some bitching. between clerical paper office ladies and labratory levels in the department. her boss at this time, smile somchai wongsawat spoke some propitiate words. the clerk ladies got new office room at the other more far away side of the floor, did meant it to be sooo serious anyway, and smile somchai also complimented pronthips personality. bitch case closed.

Questions from a confused mind.....

Whatever happened to Samak's promised referendum on "New Politics"?

Whatever happened to all the promised reports on the injuries and fatalities the PAD suffered?

When someone has been banned from politics, whay are they allowed to participate in the meetings of their political party?

Why is buying an MP not unconstitutional when MPs buying votes is?

Why is a convicted criminal permitted to phone in to a political TV show?

How can a government owned TV channel host the abovementioned TV show?

What is to prevent Screaming Lord Sutch and his Raving Loony Party from contesting in any future Thai elections?

You got a valued pint there somewhere my friend and your concerns in Buddhas ears, but "Screetching Lord as such" has joined the heavenly abodes... and is playing harp since ... and he may give a dam_n to get into this mess..

OK, Screaming Lord Sutch died a few years ago, but is he necessarily disbarred by this from participating in Thai politics ?

Not as part of the famed USA graveyard-vote of yore, but through having been reborn again, as a Thai national !

I rest my case ... it's too heavy. :o

Any chance we can all 'grow up a little', stop hunting in packs (both sides), telling folks to F'off elsewhere and trying to get folks banned because they don't share your viewpoint.

Back to topic. I reckon that Abhisit will be the new PM on Monday, and I hope he grows a pair of balls and runs the country well. He has the potential. :o

he doenst just need balls, he need experience. still a spring chicken at 44yo. ie he needs a pair of gray hairy balls.

Will he capatalize on the opportunity or squander it like he has done with other opportunities . I am looking forward to how he manages everything.

he doenst just need balls, he need experience. still a spring chicken at 44yo. ie he needs a pair of gray hairy balls.

Will he capatalize on the opportunity or squander it like he has done with other opportunities . I am looking forward to how he manages everything.

He quit being governor of Bkk recently - in a Bkk minute - when he felt some heat from an investigation (police boats, etc). I hope he'll have more resolve to deal with adversarial situations. The PM seat is hotter than being Bkk gov. Probably his first big test will be nasty demonstrations by the red shirts - maybe up in the NE / Udon Thani area. Good luck Abhisit, you'll need it. He might do well to read up on Lord Nelson at Trafalgar - for some inspiration.

PAD opposes new PM from pro-Thaksin camp BANGKOK, Dec 12 (TNA) - The anti-Thaksin People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) declared on Friday its opposition to any possibility that the next prime minister come from the Puea Thai Party or any others of the previous coalition government.

The group also lodged a dozen demands sought from the likely new Democrat Party-led coalition government.

PAD coordinator Suriyasai Katasila said the demands included calls for the new government to accelerate investigation concerning lese majeste charges against key members of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD), Veera Musikapong and Jakrapob Penkair, former minister to the prime minister's office....

Continued here - http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=7684

So, the PAD are still running the country/government and anything else they cheeos?

TiT

FF

He quit being governor of Bkk recently - in a Bkk minute - when he felt some heat from an investigation (police boats, etc). I hope he'll have more resolve to deal with adversarial situations. The PM seat is hotter than being Bkk gov. Probably his first big test will be nasty demonstrations by the red shirts - maybe up in the NE / Udon Thani area. Good luck Abhisit, you'll need it. He might do well to read up on Lord Nelson at Trafalgar - for some inspiration.

Are you talking about Apirak?

to add some gossip: a couple of years ago, it was her haircut, that caused some bitching. between clerical paper office ladies and labratory levels in the department. her boss at this time, smile somchai wongsawat spoke some propitiate words. the clerk ladies got new office room at the other more far away side of the floor, did meant it to be sooo serious anyway, and smile somchai also complimented pronthips personality. bitch case closed.

Yeah the good old communist style.....bringing some rumors without any source, with as Fidel Castro told: as more improbable they sound as easier people believe them. Such rumors can not be proofed at all and and they don't have anything to do with the bombs or the police, just meant to discredit someone.

Did Somchai also have sex with the other groups which investigate that crimes?

And is his sex so bad that professional people will lie, and so many people (how many teams with how many people found out the same facts?)?

Almost sure that you made this rumor yourself.

They look the same and both names start with the same letters....but they are (as you see) different people.

well, there is the Thailand Hippie Party that is already registered with the Election Commission.

their full name is "F... off Tak-sin Thailand hippy party". you could see them at the PAD protests, but a lot of people claiming that no one from the PAD want take part in elections.

img0082re5.jpg

Thanks for sharing that one! :o

How about deleting links but leaving the name of the organisation, i.e. "there was an article in Economist recently".

Why bother? This isn't really a serious forum for politics.A discussion for educated grown ups has to take place elsewhere.

Agreed. I found the article in the above mentioned rag to be a pretty fair summary of how things have progressed to the current situation. Nonetheless, there was nothing new in it. Thais have been telling me such things for a long time now.

Come Monday there is supposed to emerge a new Prime Minister. The current favourite is Aphisit. Nonetheless, its not over until .......well Monday evening , but a weekend is a long time forThai politics at the moment.

Still, if the Dems do get in, just in time to have a major recession break over them, at least we might finaly see the Thaksin stretch of the BTS line finished ?

I reckon that Abhisit will be the new PM on Monday, and I hope he grows a pair of balls ....

I don't know where you're come from, but in my country, either you're born with them or ...

On the other hand, I know in some other countries, when you access to some responsibilities, you have to go through some minor surgical "alteration". Actually, when you look at it this way, it really does explain a lot

Edited by Pierrot

It is amazing how many people confuse Abhisit with Apirak. Personally, I like both, but they are not one in the same.

A question bothers me. In the recent days we have heard a lot of names regarding who's going to lead the new government, people with names and people with no names ("senior figure"), but one name never appears among these power brokers, it's Abhisit. And people want us to believe he will be in charge ?

Read the news. The only thing he seems to have something to say about is the next Asean summit. Obviously the guy is out of the loop. Doesn't it bother anybody ?

A question bothers me. In the recent days we have heard a lot of names regarding who's going to lead the new government, people with names and people with no names ("senior figure"), but one name never appears among these power brokers, it's Abhisit. And people want us to believe he will be in charge ?

Read the news. The only thing he seems to have something to say about is the next Asean summit. Obviously the guy is out of the loop. Doesn't it bother anybody ?

Actually, he has made several comments as head of the Democratic party. However, his comments haven't been controversial amid so much else that has been going on so I guess you have missed them. Bottom line is that there are many who believe this coalition government, if it comes to fruition, is by far the better choice than a PTP led government. For the good of the country (and us all), hopefully he has a chance. We have seen the alternative and it isn't pretty.

Actually, he has made several comments as head of the Democratic party. However, his comments haven't been controversial amid so much else that has been going on so I guess you have missed them. Bottom line is that there are many who believe this coalition government, if it comes to fruition, is by far the better choice than a PTP led government. For the good of the country (and us all), hopefully he has a chance. We have seen the alternative and it isn't pretty.

Because you believe his statement regarding the Asean summit is controversial, the reason it made the front page of the newspapers ?

Plachon said one time I don't understand anything about thai politic. I start to believe he's right. In any other country, a leader who's going to be in charge of the country in two days time would be in the front page of every newspaper with what he's going to do, who he's going to hire .... Nothing !

Or maybe that's why he is the right person for the job. Will I be the only one who miss Thaksin ?

Will I be the only one who miss Thaksin ?

miss Who ? ? ? :D

Somehow I suspect that, despite his repeated promises to quit interfering in Thai politics, he has a couple of billion reasons not to. But he must surely have been surprised, as she too seems to have been, when his sister wasn't even nominated at the party-meeting for the leadership of PTP ?

Or was this a last-minute move of his own direction, which he forgot to mention to her, either way it was no way to treat a lady, public humiliation is nasty. :o