Wedding Plans

Greenside

Anyone been to the Maha Naga restaurant recently? Perfect for a romantic dinner for the happy couple or can you suggest anywhere better by the river or with a spectacular view? The food's got to be top notch though.

A good location for an informal civil ceremony in or around town. Beautiful, spiritual or just interesting.

Places to take someone new to town to wow them. Travel time max 30 mins each way.

Anyone have recent experience with a wedding supplier for clothes, make up, hair etc and a ball park figure for a budget if that's possible?

Hi my friend used beachaffaire to organise his wedding. They did everything from sorting out the paperwork, flowers, clothes, accomm food etc. I think he said the girls name was Kaz. Try dropping her an email or check out the website. I know its Samui based but they cover the whole of Thailand. Mates still happy so cant be that bad :o

Do you mean the ceremony or the evening 'do'?

I thought most ceremonies take place early morning (auspicious) at the bride's house.

The Maha Naga is beautiful and the food is great but it is very expensive.

How many people will attend the party? The Empress has a really nice Lanna-style function room for around 100 people. They have a larger room but it's not so nice. My wife's friends had parties at the old Sheraton (now Holiday Inn) and the Imperial Mae Ping. Both have wedding packages with fixed costs per head. I'm sure the newer hotels have similar deals. Consider your wife's social background as well. If she's from a village, a large and expensive restaurant or hotel may make her and her family uncomfortable (puu yai/ puu noi thing).

It's for a couple coming to CM. They wanted to have a ceremony in some romantic and/or interesting place and are not planning a party - that's what the Maha Naga date is in place of.

Glad to hear the restaurant is good - as long as the experience is wonderful, I don't think the price is that important.

I'm still hoping someone here can come up with an interesting and unusual location or two: romance is what you make of it. Anyone been through the shark walk thing at the new aquarium? :o