Combination Of Voa And 60 Day Tourist Visa

I have done this and so have many others, BUT you do have to take a quick trip out of Thailand to activate the TR.

You could also (more commonly) use the TR visa on arrival and then apply for a 30 day extension IN Thailand, so you won't have to leave Thailand during the trip.

To do this:

1. Do NOT write down your visa number on your arrival card.

2. DO talk to the immigration and politely ask him to SAVE your visa and give you a 30 day stamp; if you don't he may see the visa and stamp it used quicker than a Bangkok minute (yes he is doing you a favor, he may say no, but he probably will do what you ask)

3. To later use your TR visa, DO write the visa number on the entry card upon your next entry. The main caveat is that you need to be sure the visa will still be VALID by the date you want to actually use it

Have a nice trip.

Edited by Jingthing

I have got a 60 day tourist visa, can I opt to have a VoA when I arrive and then go onto the 60 day visa when the VoA runs out? What do I have to do to activate the 60 dayer? Will have to leave and re enter? Thanks in advance.

I think you are from UK and are not eligible for a VOA. You are asking about a Visa Exempt stamp (not the same thing)

Jingthing gave you the correct advise above.

One small thing. If you are entering Thailand by a land border you will only get 15 days without a Visa. 30 days if arriving by plane.

I have done this and so have many others, BUT you do have to take a quick trip out of Thailand to activate the TR.

You could also (more commonly) use the TR visa on arrival and then apply for a 30 day extension IN Thailand, so you won't have to leave Thailand during the trip.

To do this:

1. Do NOT write down your visa number on your arrival card.

2. DO talk to the immigration and politely ask him to SAVE your visa and give you a 30 day stamp; if you don't he may see the visa and stamp it used quicker than a Bangkok minute (yes he is doing you a favor, he may say no, but he probably will do what you ask)

3. To later use your TR visa, DO write the visa number on the entry card upon your next entry. The main caveat is that you need to be sure the visa will still be VALID by the date you want to actually use it

Have a nice trip.

This is exactly what I want to do. I'm arriving by air midway through my double entry visa next month and I want to get a 30 day stamp and activate the last entry a month later before the visa expires.

I really was wondering if it's best to ask the immigration officer, or just don't write down the visa number hoping he will just stamp me in for 30 days.

Has anyone tried this without mentioning it to the immigration officer and got the 30 day stamp? I know some people get 30 days stamps when they're expecting 60 on a tourist visa because they fail to indicate their visa number on the arrival card.

Edited by tropo