Online credit card processing, for thai businesses

We are constantly hearing about the growing potential of online businesses and the riches that can be earned from the ever-increasing number of eager Internet shoppers. One difficulty for Thai entrepreneurs is that many of the Internets established card processors will not offer services to Thai companies. And those that do make it nearly impossible to get a facility if it’s a startup, sole trader or low capital venture.

I’m sure some of the Forum members are involved in online businesses and that many a member has at sometime had what might be a viable idea, maybe some are seriously considering getting involved.

Can anybody recommend companies offering Merchant Services to Thai Businesses?

I see that many of the Thai Banks are now offering services, has anybody been able to setup a facility and what have been your experiences?

If you've used a 'worldwide' provider have you had any experiences you can share with the forum?

Thanks George, here's a little something to get them started...

Dear AsiaDebit.com,

I've looked at your website, there are a few important topics not discussed:

1. Charge Details, Initial Setup Costs, Transaction Fees and any other ongoing costs?

2. A brief overview of the criteria for acceptance as an AsiaDebit.com merchant. Are start-ups, Sole Traders, low capital ventures acceptable?

3. Policy and procedure of 'chargebacks'. Are any guarantees required to cover chargebacks? Or do you withhold a percentage  of monies to cover for chargebacks?

James

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem in that a Thai friend of mine wants to sell her hand made jewelry on eBay and is having a dickens of a time handling funds.  It seems her bank wants to charge more than the transaction was worth.  Hope this solution will help her.  Thanks for posting the link.  Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. :o

Thanks again.

Dear James,

1. We have launched a new service that makes it easier for SME's to obtain payment facilities with minimum requirements. This new service is called Payzip and our rates can be found at http://www.payzipmerchant.com

We also have other types of accounts with lower discount rates for larger companies. Please contact [email protected] for more information.

2. Our main criteria is basically a legally registered company (any country) as we look more to the business model than the company itself when we approve an application.

3. We usually keep a standard 10% rolling reserve for 180 days as chargeback protection.

I would like to add that we do not support any high-risk business such as adult, gaming or ebay transactions.

Best Regards,

Michael Jenselius

Asiadebit.com / Payzip.com