In Need Of Expat-friendly Area Inside Pattaya!

jumpstart

Ok, I first moved to North pattaya just out of walking distance of any main places to walk to. Sure, I can take a motortaxi to Big C, but concerning groceries... Am I going to do that every other day with a backpack? I'm looking for an area for me to move into that has a dense farang population and is in close proximity to a gym, groceries, entertainment (movies, etc). In other words, it's farang friendly :o Please help... I'm getting really tired of Waiters on Wheels. If you can recommend an actual condo complex or something, that would be great.

Single solution. (an the only right on)

Get your own mc, if you have the correct visa, you can make Thai driving licenses on 2 to 3 days efforts and purchase a mc to 50,000 thb.

You're a free man, no more bullshit with the baht bus or taxi man.

Welcome to Jomtien. (5 to 10 min to everything and you not have to jump over the road of death)

Seems as if the OP is looking for a condo near shopping - esp. groceries - and also accessible to entertainment, cinema and a gym for starters.

The most farang friendly markets are Foodland, Friendship, Tops, Carrefour, and Villa. Suggest you explore the areas adjacent to these stores for suitable accommodation. The rest of your needs can be reached by baht bus or motocy taxi - depending.

For condos, townhouses and houses check out:

Centre Condo near Friendship.

Area on the N. side of Foodland off Pattaya Klang.

Soi Yume (aka S.S. Villa) - soi on the E. side of Carrefour has a lot of new apartments and condos going up.

Soi Arunothai for 9 Karat and Nirun Condos (this is Pattaya Klang Soi 1 running S. of Carrefour)

For Tops try the area N. off Pattaya Klang - sois 12 & 14. Might also be accessible to Carrefour and Foodland via baht bus.

-redwood

I think the term "ex-pat friendly" is a little misleading.

Pattaya wasn't "designed" or planned to be "friendly" to ex-pats that like to be able to do everything on foot. Some would say it (Pattaya) hasn't been "planned" at all !

There are areas where some of the conveniences are fairly close together. Center Condo isn't too far by foot from Friendship and Tops, there are gyms nearby, but no movie theatres.

Or you could live near Big C in Pattaya Nua. Of find a place just off #2 road near Royal Garden. Some places will be more convenient for some things, but not others.

Or accept the fact that for some things, you're going to have to get used to taking a moto taxi now and then, or doing larger grocery runs less frequently, or investing in a moto perhaps.

Seems as if the OP is looking for a condo near shopping - esp. groceries - and also accessible to entertainment, cinema and a gym for starters.

The most farang friendly markets are Foodland, Friendship, Tops, Carrefour, and Villa. Suggest you explore the areas adjacent to these stores for suitable accommodation. The rest of your needs can be reached by baht bus or motocy taxi - depending.

For condos, townhouses and houses check out:

Centre Condo near Friendship.

Area on the N. side of Foodland off Pattaya Klang.

Soi Yume (aka S.S. Villa) - soi on the E. side of Carrefour has a lot of new apartments and condos going up.

Soi Arunothai for 9 Karat and Nirun Condos (this is Pattaya Klang Soi 1 running S. of Carrefour)

For Tops try the area N. off Pattaya Klang - sois 12 & 14. Might also be accessible to Carrefour and Foodland via baht bus.

-redwood

That's all good advice for Pattaya.

The View Talay area in Jomtien might also suit the OP. There are literally thousands of condo units here all within a few hundred metres. VT1, VT2, VT5, VT7 (soon), JCC, Jomtien Plaza, Jomtien Condotel, Grand Condo, Shining Star, etc., etc. There are currently no big supermarkets, but Tops are opening a new branch (when?) in Jomtien Complex in the Jomtien Plaza Mall which is currently being built in the old multi-storey car park. Foodmart next to VT1 has a good selection of farang foods and lots of bread. The Continental Bakery is close by too. Dozens of bars and restaurants. And lots of small shops selling fruit and stuff. There's a Thai market just past Soi 5. For the heavy stuff, beer, water, Diet Coke, soda, and so on, I just get a taxi out to Tesco Lotus on Thepprasit once a month. All the condos mentioned are on the Baht Bus route into Pattaya.